Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PalaniappanYour feedback matters!
Hey, I am 20 and I have a problem of abnormal periods. I am also gaining weight because of it. I did my sonography and it tells that I have a problem of pcod. Please help me by telling me any cure or home remedy.
I had oral sex with my boyfriend. In the very next day there was excess secretion of white fluid from my vagina with the different consistency then normal. My periods date is 20. And since last 2 days there comes only a drop of blood from vagina. Why?what is your diagnosis?
Hi, sir/mam, i am married and trying for child from last 2 years and my periods are irregular and my husband count is also low and i can't manage my weight due to irregular periods while that time i'll gain weight or else i'll be normal so please suggest something ?
My wife has been diagnosed with cervical fibroid recently during an Ultrasound. 2 years before the ultrasound done was fine but recently done again and the report says "There is evidence of well defined hypoechoic lesion measuring 38.3 mm x 26.8 mm is seen in the cervix, the lesion appeared to be connected with endometrium- S/o? Polyp?? Cervical fibroid" Now the doctor has advised a small surgery in which they use a tube and camera to put inside and remove the same with some radiations. As per them its too big and medicines will not help. Do you advise we can get it done and its safe? Also should we get the ultrasound done again for confirmation? please advise. Thank u.
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments, which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
- Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
- Frequent health care visits
- Fear of physical activity damaging your body
- Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
Causes: As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
- Genetic and biological factors: These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
- Environment you grew up in: Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
- Problems processing emotions: When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Treatment: Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
- Medications: Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well.
Hello Dr, She is my friend. Before few month her husband tried to do sex her back side. From that time she feel pain and bleeding when she goes to get fresh. What should wo do Dr. please help us.
Yesterday I know my wife is pregnant. She has thyroid while pregnant with our first baby in 2014. Last periods happened on 3rd August. What precaution and diet she take.
I gave birth to daughter on 28 Feb 2017. But my breast milk is not enough. After drinking she cries and on pumping I get only 20 ml .how can I increase my milk production.
Brest growth naturally possible or not please tel me truth. My bra size is 28 and I am 20 year old girl.
I have pcod. Due to which I don't get my periods. Have tried lot of medicines. My weight is not reducing at all. I get tired v soon. M becoming bulky and fluffy. My age is 27 and height is 5.4. Kindly suggest a diet plans of do and don't in eating habits. Also something which could make my periods regular. Also I have lot of hall fall and my hair do not grow at all.
A miscarriage can have adverse effects on both physical and emotional health. The impact of one such event can last for a very long time and harm your social behavior and thus, relationships. It is important to understand that in most cases, it is no one's fault. A number of things can go wrong naturally during the development of the fetus and so, the feelings of guilt, shame and anger are best avoided. Here are the common causes responsible for miscarriages:
- Chromosomal defects: Chromosomal abnormalities are responsible for more than half of the miscarriages around the world. The development conditions like Turner syndrome, cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome etc. can be detected by the system and upon detection, the system often chooses to shut itself down leading to a miscarriage. If the cause of the miscarriage is identified as a chromosomal flaw, then a maternal and fetal specialist or a genetic counsellor can help solve the problem.
- Diabetes: Pregnant women develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes mellitus in the past. This condition is known as Gestational diabetes mellitus. It occurs primarily due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result in a variety of complications, the most severe one being a miscarriage. A miscarriage may also be caused by a chronic diabetic condition.
- Thyroid conditions: Both hypothyroidism (low production of thyroid hormones) and hyperthyroidism (high production of thyroid hormones) can be responsible for miscarriages. In case of hypothyroidism, the body produces more of the other hormones in order to make up for the deficiency and this interferes with the reproductive cycle. In case of hypothyroidism, the functionality of the estrogen hormone is compromised due to the over production of other hormones.
- Separation of the sperm DNA: The sperm DNA is divided or separated due to a number of possible reasons like radiation therapy, chemotherapy, smoking, overexposure to heat etc. and it does not fertilize the egg properly i.e. the DNA is not delivered efficiently. The eggs can sometimes repair the damage in the DNA but this does not happen, a miscarriage is the likely outcome. The condition in males can be treated depending on the reason for the damage in the sperm.