Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PalaniappanYour feedback matters!
Hiiii doctor Iam sunitha I had a sex 2months before (October) After that 1st month I got my period regularlyAnd now 2month 12days over now iam having symptoms of getting period but No period Iam a pregnant?
Is it possible a girl is virgin less from birth? If no then what makes virgin less without doing sex? Or how to conform that a girl is virgin or not?
Vulvodynia refers to a chronic pain in the vulva, a condition suffered by most women. Triggered generally by an unidentifiable cause, the pain was not considered as a real pain syndrome until of late. The ambiguity of the condition is such that many who do suffer from it fails to realize its complications.
There are primarily two types of Vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: This is when the pain is all over the vulva, however different parts may pain at different times. It may be a constant pain or may occur occasionally.
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The pain is in the vestibule area or the entrance of the vagina is known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This kind of pain mostly exhibits a burning sensation and is triggered even by a slight touch. During intercourse the pain manifolds to extreme severity.
Although the cause of Vulvodynia is not known, doctors suspect the following reasons to be the contributing factors:
- Nerve injury
- Yeast infections
- Sexual abuse in the past
- Muscle Spasm
- Hormonal changes
- Burning sensations
- Aching or soreness
No well versed cure is available for Vulvodynia, although certain self care treatments can bring relief. Among the many, you need to figure out which method suits you best and choose accordingly. To discern the best method, you might have to try various different combinations. At the same time, it is extremely important to educate yourself about Vulvodynia and have a thorough knowledge about what it is all about.It is advisable that you maintain a record of the treatments which according to you suit you the most in order to avoid confusion. Some of the methods are given below:
- Avoid products which might act as potential irritants near the vulva.
- Do not put much pressure on the vulva. Avoid activities which might exert direct pressure on it.
- Whenever it pains, try to soothe the area by soaking it in lukewarm water or applying ice on it.
- Use medications like lidocaine to relieve pain.
- Certain exercises might also help relax the area.
- Biofeedback also helps relax the vaginal muscles and bring some relief.
I miss my periods from last 2 months. Suddenly I have urin infection I do pregnancy test (two times) which is negative do I am pregnant?
If couging better avoid visiting crowded places
Avoid going to work if having cold,fever.
Never board a bus/taxi,if driver coughing.
Put a tissue paper/handkerchief on mouth if coughing
Before hiring a domestic help in house,get a xray chest done and sputum for AFB examined and physician examination.
Avoid living in crowded places having less light/freshair
Please help with the requisite diet for a women approaching her 40's, specially for good bone health.
Giving birth is a life-changing event for every mother and it leaves an everlasting impression in your life. Every delivery is unique and you can just gain from the experience of others, but don’t expect it to be the same.
You will experience many changes in your body and will learn to take care of yourself and your growing baby as soon as you find out that you are pregnant. Pain is a part of labour that every woman has to undergo. It is the fear of labour pain that make many pregnant women opt for c-section. However there is no denying the fact that c-section is a major surgery and requires several days to recover.
Keep in mind the following tips to go in for a normal delivery:
- Try to get prenatal education, which guides you about labour, birth and natural labour pain management techniques, such as breathing, self-hypnosis, relaxation and other coping mechanisms. You should check with your hospital too as most of them offer an evening or weekend course.
- Consult a gynaecologist who has a history in delivering babies naturally.
- Keep yourself physically active by doing mild exercises throughout pregnancy.
- You should keep a calm environment in your labour room.
- Don’t gain too much weight as women who aren't overweight do not have much difficulty in delivering babies vaginally.
- Opt for fewer rather as more tests, treatments and interventions during your pregnancy tend to interfere with normal birth. Whenever tests or procedures are recommended, you should ask about the need of undergoing such tests.
- Continue with your walks as it helps in relieving the pain.
- Go in for a water therapy. A shower, bathtub, birthing pool and hot compresses are other tools for easing pain and helping you relax. Spend as much time as possible in water.
- Use various positions such as sitting on the toilet, kneeling, and squatting to ease vaginal delivery.
- Massage/back rubs equally help in easing the pain.
- You can also go in for Effleurage which is a light massage of the abdomen to ease your vaginal delivery.
- Apply warm or cold compresses.
- Avoid hearing negative stories about labour.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet as the health and development of your baby depends on your nutrition.
- Stay away from stress and anxiety. Read good books about parenting and be in the company of good lively people.
- Use relaxation/breathing techniques to keep yourself calm.
- Guided meditation and prayers undoubtedly will reinforce your faith in yourself to deliver a baby vaginally.
- Have adequate sleep. Avoid drinking tea or coffee two hours before going to bed in order to have uninterrupted sleep.
Following these tips religiously can definitely increase your chances of having a normal delivery.
Treat Skin Diseases
Wheatgrass can be used to cure skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis. There are several ways you can go about using wheatgrass for your skin. Pour wheatgrass juice into a few holes in an ice cube tray, freeze, and rub a cube across blemishes on your skin as well as on any scars or damaged areas. Alternatively, you could pour a cup of wheatgrass juice or powder into a warm bath and soak your body in the bath or at least 30 minutes. Your body will be cleansed and odor-free.
2. Lose Weight
If you have a few pounds to lose, wheatgrass may be the answer. This requires drinking wheatgrass juice or taking wheatgrass supplements, and it's well worth it. Wheatgrass is effective in managing the thyroid gland, whose function is crucial in avoiding weight gain.
3. Reduce Food Cravings
Wheatgrass is loaded with so many nutrients that your body isn't lusting for other foods to compensate for any lack of vitamins or minerals. This goes hand-in-hand with wheatgrass ability to help you lose weight, but it is also critical in your efforts to avoid unhealthy, sugar and fat-laden snacks. Take a wheatgrass supplement (or juice shot) each morning on an empty stomach and it may prevent overeating throughout the day.
5. Detox Your Cells
If you think a regular juice cleanse is the pinnacle of detoxification, you're wrong. Wheatgrass may appear like a simple, dull grass, but it is actually among the most powerful natural detoxifying agents due to its high alkalinity. In fact, it has been said that just about one ounce of wheatgrass is equivalent in nutritional value to more than 2 pounds of leafy green vegetables. Talk about an alkaline overload!
6. Improve Immunity
Wheatgrass has exhibited the ability increase red blood cells in the body, which is why it is so effective in staving off disease and boosting immunity.
7. Stimulate Circulation
Wheatgrass has the ability to increase the amount of oxygen in the blood, making it a great way to stimulate circulation. In addition to taking a wheatgrass supplement, you could also use a cotton ball to rub wheatgrass juice around your face and neck to dilate blood vessels and allow more
my wife is having stone in gobblader an she is having 10 stone and plus she is pregnant will it will effect to baby.
I have been suffering from scanty periods from 3 years Doctor said I have pcos but im on sugarmet from more than a year. Still see not even a little difference Other doctor told to check vitamin d andb12 that is also normal plus im always constipated what can be the medical cause.
Hi sir good morning my sister is now pregnant third month she is vomiting very much she is not even drinking water pls how to solve this urgent pls sir.
M not having my menses from 2 months. .m having pcos. .I have taken meprate tablets still. .menses are not coming. .what can I do for my regular flow?
Cervical cancer is highly preventable with regular screening tests and appropriate follow-up care. It also can be cured when found early and treated. Cervical cancer is almost always caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Vaccines are available to protect against the types of HPV that most often cause cervical cancer.
Two tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early—
•The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, which are cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
•The HPV test looks for the virus that can cause these cell changes.
The Pap test is recommended for women between ages 21 and 65, and can be done in a doctor’s office or clinic. Women should start getting Pap tests regularly at age 21. If your Pap test results are normal, your doctor may say you can wait three years until your next Pap test. If you are 30 years old or older, you may choose to have an HPV test along with the Pap test. Both tests can be performed by your doctor at the same time. If your test results are normal, your chance of getting cervical cancer in the next few years is very low. Your doctor may then say you can wait as long as five years for your next screening.
Why does my child need HPV vaccine?
HPV vaccine is important because it protects against cancers caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.HPV infection can cause cervical, vaginal, and vulvar cancers in women; penile cancer in men; and anal cancer, cancer of the back of the throat (oropharynx), and genital warts in both men and women.
When should my child be vaccinated?
The HPV vaccine is recommended for preteen boys and girls at age 11 or 12 so they are protected before ever being exposed to the virus. HPV vaccine also produces a more robust immune response during the preteen years. Finally, older teens are less likely to get heath check-ups than preteens. If your teen hasn't gotten the vaccine yet, talk to their doctor or nurse about getting it for them as soon as possible
3 Things Parents Need to Know about Preventing Cancers
The HPV vaccine is given in 3 shots. The second shot is given 1 or 2 months after the first shot. Then a third shot is given 6 months after the first shot.
IN new current concept
Girls between 9-15 years need two doses of Cervical cancer vaccine ( HPV Vaccine) at 6 months apart
After 15 years Three Doses are required at 0 ,6 ,24 months