Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. PakruthinYour feedback matters!
My Cousin is pregnant now n she is suffering from tooth ache. Doctor suggested not to get treatment till delivery is done. Would please suggest me the ways on how to bypass her pain.
Tongue blister/wound continue after grinding the sharp edges and taking bcomplex with zinc tab and hexigel cream still no relief. Any test to be done or any prob in future.
I am 31 year old. While doing brush blood comes from gums. Also bad smell keep coming frm mouth. Please suggest ways to cure it.
I have been suffering from teeth grinding in the night. As soon as I slept, I started grinding my teeth till I wake up from sleep, I have consulted so many Dentist but I have not been properly diagnosed, they told me it is due to stress and tension, not curable but I don't feel any stress, Please advise if there is Amy remedy.
1. Bite firmly on the gauze pads covering each extraction site for atleast 30 min to help stop the bleeding
2. Do not rinse vigorously, suck on straws, smoke, drink alcohol or brush teeth next to the extraction site for 48 hours.
3. Do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
4. If possible chew on the opposite side of your extraction site. Drink lots of liquids and eat soft, nutritious foods. Strictly avoid hard, hot food & drinks for first 24 hours.
5. Avoid excessive mouth opening, yawning, spitting etc
6. If bleeding continues, call your dentist.
Hello sir! I am 23 years old and I am suffering from Painless mucosal degeneration problem. Now my mucosa layer of my oral have got degenerated and I checked up many time from doctors. But they only suggested me vitamins tablets but still it do not have cured. It is painless patches in my mouth. Some time small blister occur in my mouth. What I do and which type of check up can cured my problem. please suggest me which type of blood test I do.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
This is examination time. And we get loads of enquiries from parents that doc my child is suffering from toothache
A simple solution can do wonders
Make sure your child brushes at night and this should be followed by lukewarm water rinses.
Initially I was eating guthka (pan masala. Due to that reason I can not open my mouth properly. I have stopped chewing tobacco from last 4 months. So now what should I do to cure it.
Sir, I want to get rid of dental fluorosis. So please tell me that upto what extent I will have to spend for it normally ?
Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel, which helps to prevent tooth decay. When acids from sugary or acidic foods attack the enamel, fluoride creates a wall of defense against erosion.
It is especially important for adolescents to have an ample amount of fluoride in their diet. Adolescents' teeth are still developing and need the extra protection to grow stronger enamel. Adolescents also tend to favor sugary snacks and drinks such as candy and soda. Fluoride in their diet helps protect adolescents against such overindulgence. To help provide enough fluoride for their children, parents need to know some important facts about the mineral.
Where do I find fluoride?
Since eggs and milk contain fluoride, you should include plenty of those foods in your teens' meals. If you live in an area served by a public water supply, check to see if your municipality adds fluoride to its water.
You can also purchase fluoride-containing mouthwash and toothpaste for your kids to use. Even if they don't remember to brush as often as they should, the fluoride in their mouthwash and toothpaste can help stave off tooth decay.
If your kids need a little extra help fighting tooth decay, your children's dentist may prescribe extra-strength fluoride products for them to use. Be sure to take them for a regular teeth cleaning twice a year. Most dentists include a topical fluoride application as part of the procedure for patients from six to sixteen.
How do I keep my kids from getting too much fluoride?
Although the right amount of fluoride is essential to oral health, too much fluoride can cause adverse effects. Keep a close eye on your kids' teeth. If you notice staining, pitting, or a lacy appearance, your child may be getting too much fluoride. Make an appointment with your dentist to have them checked for a condition called" fluorosis"
If children ingest large amounts of fluoride, they may develop diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, and vomiting. For this reason, keep fluoride products out of the reach of young children. Teach your older children the importance of not swallowing their toothpaste or mouthwash, regardless of how good it tastes.
For more information about the best ways to use fluoride to maximize oral health for you and your children, contact your child's dentist. If it's been a while since your children had a teeth cleaning and dental checkup, make an appointment with their dentist today.