Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PadhmavathiYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old and I am constantly feeling tired. I get 8 hrs of sleep or more but always feel tired and never have any energy to get out of bed to do anything. What can I do to change this?
I am having white stretchy discharge I worried if I an pregnant 2 days before I hd a private moment with my bf but we did not hv sex he just dud my fingering but I am not sure if if he had precum on fingers I am having fluttering in my uterus also are these signs of pregnancy I have my periods 15 days from now. Please help.
I am 29 years lady I had 2 abortion in age when Iwas s 25. Now when I m trying to conceive baby I m not able to conceive. What should I eat so that I could conceive and already I took doctor help before she gave me medicine for egg production but after all positive feedback I m not able to conceive and also my husband also did all test n it was all perfect. So I think I don't know what to eat which will help me to conceive.
Infertility is a condition that affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple that has been unsuccessful in efforts to conceive over the course of one full year. When the cause of infertility exists within the female partner, it is referred to as female infertility. Female infertility factors contribute to approximately 50% of all infertility cases and female infertility alone accounts for approximately one-third of all infertility cases.
What causes infertility in Women?
1. Damage to your Fallopian tubes: These structures carry eggs from your ovaries, which produce eggs, to the uterus, where the baby develops. They can get damaged when scars form after pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgery. That can prevent sperm from reaching an egg.
2. Hormonal problems: You may not be getting pregnant because your body isn't going through the usual hormone changes that lead to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the lining of the uterus.
3. Cervical issues: Some women have a condition that prevents sperm from passing through the cervical canal.
4. Uterine trouble: You may have polyps and fibroids that interfere with getting pregnant. Uterine polyps and fibroids happen when too many cells grow in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus.
5. Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be one of the following:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body and acne. It's the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction. The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency. This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased oestrogen production under the age of 40.
I am suffering from severe joint pains since from last 7 yrs. I preferred tablets like iburophen and diclofenac but didnt work. What should I do? I am helpless in this regard and I don't want to have tablets because some way I had too many tablets at a time and that caused adverse effect to my liver and kidney I think. I want to know some home remedy and nutrition that will help me to avoid joint pain? If possible I can even go physical fitness. Please advice me in this regard. It really badly hurts me when it pains?
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.
Hi sir, In Feb I got married and yesterday I came to now she is pregnant of one month. So I want to now what precautions should be taken to avoid issue about pregnancy And a healthy baby and what deit should be maintained, exercise and check ups! From which month scanning should done and what all the things should be and shouldn't be do by her. I request you to answer my question. So thankful to you and what care should be taken from me. Thank you.
I am 23 years female. I am facing vaginal irritation n inflammation. I had sex for the first time day before yesterday. Please help me how will I cure it? I can't tell to any1 as I am unmarried please help me.
Hi doctor. Am 26 year old girl. My weight only 42. I have white discharge. After 7 mnth my breast below without no cup. Only nipple. I think this problem cause it. please reply. Whit describe is the problem that issue? What I can do? already my different different sizes. But now on time anything to calculate. Help me your opinion. Stop the discharge.
She has USG PCOD disease. Is it hormonal problem? What precautions and treatment needed for this? Does Ayurvedic medicines beneficial? Is this also cause weight gain?
Sir or madam my age 25 years old my wait just 41 kgs I face very problem from white discharge. Please how to solved my problem. How to increase weight growth.
Hi, I take duphaston from 17 day of my period to 27 day, my doctor prescribed me to perform s. progesterone level to check whether a ovulation process occur or not, so the result is 133.6 mg/ml it high from the luteal phase so kindly answer me whats the reason behind this, its high level due to I have take duphaston or any other reason, I want to conceive, firstly doctor prescribed me cerophene from 2nd day of my cycle for 5 day, me and my husband test result are ok kindly answer me earlier.I m so much confused.
Grapes health benefits
It may surprise you to hear that the humble grape is actually considered to be a berry.
The average serving size for grapes is about one cup, or 32 grapes. As a useful measure, you can use the size of your fist to estimate the proper portion size for grapes.
Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. Grapes are high in antioxidants
Cancer: grapes contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, the resveratrol found in red wine famous for heart health is a type of polyphenol found in the skins of red grapes.
Heart disease: the flavonoid quercetin is a natural anti-inflammatory that appears to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against the damage caused by low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol in animal studies.
The high polyphenol content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (cvd) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
High blood pressure
Because of their high potassium content, grapes are recommended to those with high blood pressure to help negate the effects of sodium in the body.
Constipation the high water and fibre content of grapes helps in constipation.