Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PadhmavathiYour feedback matters!
I had sex yesterday I got bleeding for whole day now it stopped. I was expecting my periods also. I thought I am down but the bleeding now stopped. It was my second time I had sex so was it the hymen break? I had ecp last time when I did it I got two internal periods for 3 days each. Now what to do? When will my periods become normal.
My gf is 1 week late so she checked in on pregnancy kit and the result was negative. But I have a fear that the pregnancy kit is showing wrong data. Any help.
I am not having my mensuration cycle regularly, I already have been consulted a gynecologist since past 5 years. She prescribed me some medicines, if I stop using those medicines I will not have periods and if case I will use that medicines I will have periods. While having this course I have gained weight. please suggest me best medicines and methods to overcome this problem.
My periods is not come to every month & it's came only for two days, so please give me solution. What's the reason.
My wife is 33 years old. We have one baby of 4 years of age. Recently my wife has missed her periods. Pregnancy test resulted negative. She had polycystic Ovarian Disease in past. What should we do?
I am having period bleeding for last 14-15 days. Currently eating 3-4 pills (methergin) per day which is not working. Bleeding is increasing day by day. What is the alternative pill I should eat to stop my bleeding as soon as possible. Note*- I am having LRG problem too.
Hello I am 7 months pregnant. But haven't got much increase in breast size . Will it effect in milk production. N breast feeding ? Any chances to grow or remedy.
Sweating during warm weather is very common, but if a person wakes up from bed soaked in sweat, it is not a pleasant feeling. It does not allow for a sound sleep, and may not always be related to warm weather.
There is no serious underlying medical issue, but it is always advisable to consult a doctor to get this corrected. The following are some common reasons that could lead to night sweats.
- Menopause: The hot flashes that are so popularly associated with menopause is one of the main reasons for night sweats. The presenting factors (woman, age, and other symptoms) should help arrive at this diagnosis. Hormonal levels can be checked to confirm if required. Even puberty and pregnancy can cause night sweats, due to hormonal level alterations.
- Infections: Most infections present with fever and night sweats are very common. Tuberculosis, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, influenza and even HIV can cause night sweats and hamper a person’s sleep. Most infections cause an increase in temperature, which is worse at night.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: The walls of the windpipe get narrowed, and the person might have short periods where the breathing just stops. These people are three times more likely to develop night sweats.
- Hypoglycemia: One of the most common symptoms of low blood sugar is night sweat. When the sugar drop happens during the time the person is sleeping, it is very common for the person to wake up soaked in sweat.
- Cancer: For some cancers, night sweats are one of the first warning signs. These cancers include lymphoma, and presence of symptoms like unexplained weight loss, fatigue, etc. should be addressed to rule out the possibility of cancer.
- Side effect of medications: Antidepressants, psychiatric drugs, anti-pyretic drugs, anti-virals, steroids, anti-diabetic medications, hormones, etc. can lead to night sweats. Suspected cases of night sweats should have their medications reviewed to see if any drug is causing the night sweats.
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease: GERD, as it is popularly known, can cause night sweats in addition to heartburn. They would also have other symptoms of indigestion, which will help in identifying the problem.
- Neurologic disorders: Stroke, neuropathy and anxiety disorders can cause night sweats and would require psychotherapy in addition to medications.
- Idiopathic: And despite all these possible reasons, if there is no identifiable reason, it is known as idiopathic hyperhidrosis (increased sweating). The person produces too much sweat without any known underlying cause and can even wake up at night soaked in sweat.
Management: Identifying the underlying cause is the first step in treatment. It may require hormonal corrections, changing or withdrawing the causative medications, treating associated conditions, etc., as the case may be.
Is having intercourse without protection 3 to 4 days before periods is safe or is there any chance to get pregnant.
My ovulation day is 28 th day of LMP having period cycle 40 days 19th day after ovulation i observed low bleeding like 1 or 2 drops with back pains is this a period or implantiion bleeding yesterday i checked pregnency test it is negative.
Hi last night I had a sex with my wife. At the middle of the journey condom was teared so sperm goes inside so I don't have a plan for a baby now. And I have small son 2 and half months and my wife is feeding milk to my baby so do I can give contraceptive pills or any other option to stop pregnancy please let me know.
HELLO Thank you so much for your reply On aug 28th 2015 (4 week preg) On sep 4th new guy missed me for sex On sep 11th (6 week) On oct 16th (11 weeks) On dec 18 (20weeks) Due date on may 1st week As per your reply I understood that once preg placed no new egg will form it will come n single act. Not after early preg confirmed. Thank you so please I can assume that my old preg progress now and 100my husbands dna? And what is my conception date if my preg 4 week on aug 28th 2015. And delivery date on may 1st week.
My daughter is a badminton player but whenever she goes for a Match she is unable to give more than 15 percent of what she exhibits in practice. She is a state player.
Can pre-ejaculation fluid cause pregnancy? My husband ejaculated outside the vagina But I missed my periods What can be the reason? Also I wanna tell that I have a 6 and half months old baby. C section baby.
My wife is 5 months pregnant. But she is suffering from headache, leg pain and back pain. please give me some use full tips.
Whenever she got period . She get pain all the time in her legs or stomach. Is there any medicine. Suggest?
If one cup of green tea is to be made then how much of green tea would we take. Cud a pregnant woman take green tea as many green tea selling brand does not show if their products contain caffeine or not as it cud bring miscarriages. please enlighten me.
Hi, I am 21 years old and I have developed some kind of lumps under my skin which doesn't hurt and its growing in different parts of the body like chest, arms, stomach. I think it's called limpoma. So anybody can help me out?
Kya pregnancy k douran sugarcane aur anaar khana acha rehta hai? Which fruits are mostly she have to eat?
Sugary foods and drinks can cause tooth decay, especially if you eat them between meals. The longer the sugary food is in contact with the teeth, the more damage it can cause. The sugars found naturally in whole fruit are less likely to cause tooth decay because the sugars are contained within the structure of the fruit. Sugars are also added to a wide range of foods, such as sweets, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, and some fizzy drinks and juice drinks. These are the sugary foods that we should cut down on.
Tips to cut down on sugars
For a healthy, balanced diet, cut down on foods and drinks containing added sugars.
Instead of sugary fizzy drinks and juice drinks, go for water or unsweetened fruit juice
Swap cakes or biscuits for a currant bun, scone or some malt loaf with low-fat spread.
If you take sugar in hot drinks or add sugar to your breakfast cereal, gradually reduce the amount until you can cut it out altogether.
Rather than spreading jam, marmalade, syrup, treacle or honey on your toast, try a low-fat spread, sliced banana or low-fat cream cheese instead.
Check nutrition labels to help you pick the foods with less added sugar, or go for the low-sugar version.
Try halving the sugar you use in your recipes - it works for most things except jam and ice cream.
Choose wholegrain breakfast cereals, but not those coated with sugar or honey.