Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadhmavathiYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am suffering from mensuration cramp from so many years every month. Its very painful that I have to take pain killer and injections also. I tried lots of dots advise but no result. Its start on first day and last for three days. My pains occurs on left side of my lower belly and its goes upto my whole leg. Even I am not able stand properly. please help me in this problem.
I have my periods early from time and had a lot of pain in stomach and at my back, does it is a symptom of any serious problem?
My friend is married and she has a 3 years son. Actually post pregnancy her periods are regular, but it is only for 2 days. Is she having any problems as her periods are for only 2 days or this is normal. please suggest.
Can blocked follicular tube be opened during the hsg test process. Is hsg more reliable than hysteroscopy laparoscopy result.
It's been 3 months since delivery of my wife but there are no signs of mensuration (periods). Is it safe to use cut before period and any problems in future. Its a second delivery and she had operation c section.
9 incredible health benefits of bell pepper
I simply love bell peppers, particularly the brightly colored ones. Although they belong to the chili pepper family, bell peppers are mild and can jazz up a salad in an instant, lend a perky crunch to your pizza, and taste fantastic when roasted.
But the appeal of bell peppers goes way beyond their stunning good looks. Here’s a short list of the good things they can do for your health:
Bell peppers are low in calories! so, even if you eat one full cup of them, you get just about 45 calories. Bonus: that one cup will give you more than your daily quota of vitamin a and c!
They contain plenty of vitamin c, which powers up your immune system and keeps skin youthful. The highest amount of vitamin c in a bell pepper is concentrated in the red variety.
Red bell peppers contain several phytochemicals and carotenoids, particularly beta-carotene, which lavish you with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
The capsaicin in bell peppers has multiple health benefits. Studies show that it reduces ‘bad’ cholesterol, controls diabetes, brings relief from pain and eases inflammation.
If cooked for a short period on low heat, bell peppers retain most of their sweet, almost fruity flavor and flavonoid content, which is a powerful nutrient.
The sulfur content in bell peppers makes them play a protective role in certain types of cancers.
The bell pepper is a good source of vitamin e, which is known to play a key role in keeping skin and hair looking youthful.
Bell peppers also contain vitamin b6, which is essential for the health of the nervous system and helps renew cells.
Certain enzymes in bell peppers, such as lutein, protect the eyes from cataracts and macular degeneration later in life.
Hi I am 25 years old guy. I have problem in genital area .it is affected by fungus in no time n makes skin itchy .it makes me sometime uncomfortable due to some fluids comes out of affected area. Give some better solution. Your advice will b highly regarded.
I am suffering from irregular periods and to much hair fall. The time of periods I have to much pain or vomiting I do not take any medicine for irregular periods but take medicines for hair fall.
Are there chances to get pregnant without having intercourse but just rubbing penis during 2nd day of period? The boy did not ejaculate but pre ejaculated.
I am 23 years old. I have taken tablets for 3 times when I am pregnant to remove it. Will there be any side effects in future?
Last period mere 21 Dec ko aaye the n uske baad no period abi tak,vaise b. Koi bhi date fix nai hai kabhi bhi ajte hain pregnancy test kiya to neg. Hai plus kuch din pehle vagina me see smell or pani bahut ata tha uski med li thi or med ka name tha forcan 150 mg but fir se start ho gaya hai please koi med suggest kardo period ki coz mere cramp bahut padte hai period ke time and yes last year se notice kar rahi mere period ke days kam hote ja rahe hai.
Dear sir I and my girlfriend had a oral sex and I was sucking her breasts and she complains that she is having nipple pain and I was rubbing my penis on tip of her vagina without any discharge hence there would be any chance of pregnancy and major doubt is she is having a white discharge from vagina since a week or three how can it be controlled please suggest me.
Myself and my wife had sexual intercourse just after two days of her periods but the sperm didn't enter in her vagina only the precum touch her vagina. Question is that is there any chance for pregnancy because of this act?
My wife is pregnant and she is pregnant since last three months she always asks for sex but I feared from sex because I scare that can having sex will be dangerous as she is pregnant since last three months. Please advise can we have sex during pregnancy?
I think I am having vaginal infection. There is some white thick substance coming from my vagina and there is very etching in that part. What should I do ?
Planning your pregnancy means thinking about what it means to have a baby and making decisions with your partner about the future of your family. Are you ready to be parents now? Or do you want to wait a while?
Certain tips you must follow before you try to get pregnant:
- Schedule a preconception visit: You don't have to have a doctor or midwife lined up to deliver your baby yet, but consult gynaecologist, midwife or family doctor now for a preconception checkup.Your practitioner will likely discuss diet, weight, exercise and any unhealthy habits you may have (such as smoking, drinking, and taking drugs); recommend a multivitamin; make sure you're up to date on your immunizations.
- Take folic acid (and watch out for vitamin A): You can buy folic acid supplements at the drugstore, or you can take a prenatal or regular multivitamin. Check the label on multivitamins to make sure they contain the 400 mcg of folic acid you need.
- Give up binge drinking, smoking, and drugs and get help if you need it: If you smoke or take drugs, now's the time to stop. Many studies have shown that smoking or taking drugs can lead to miscarriage, premature birth and low-birth-weight babies.
- Stock your fridge with healthy foods: You're not eating for two yet, but you should start making nutritious food choices now so your body will be stocked up with the nutrients you need for a healthy pregnancy.
- Check your caffeine intake: While there's no consensus on exactly how much caffeine is safe during pregnancy, experts agree that pregnant women and those trying to conceive should avoid consuming large amounts.
- Aim for a healthy weight: You may have an easier time conceiving if you're at a healthy weight. Having a low or high body mass index (BMI) makes it harder for some women to become pregnant.
- Create and follow an exercise program: Start and stick to a fitness plan now, and you'll be rewarded with a healthy body that's fit for pregnancy.