Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.V.RadhakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Drink warm water with honey can bring down weight. But if we drink it with cold water will it add on weight?
Doctor I am suffering from anxiety. How to overcome from anxiety? I feel very depressed and has a thinking always come in my mind when anxiety occur that I will die soon. How to overcome from anxiety?
Hii this is Venky on my face there are so many rashes are there how can cure this please tell the solution.
My wife got periods on 23 Oct after that she dint get periods in next month n till date so what are the precaution she should take.
I have been suffering from severe aches on my face especially on my forehead from last 3 years. I avoid oily food, going out in dust and Sun but still there is no improvement in my face. Now there are even holes. What should I do?
My son got a cut mark near eyebrows by furniture. I went to hospital and Dr. Use a solution to joint his cut mark. But still a mark is visible. What should I do to remove cut mark ?
I have got severe urine infection from Last 12 years. Consulted several doctors but couldn't find any relief. So please suggest me what to do now.
I have lower back pain since last 6 months. Please suggest specially which Dr. I should consult in ahmedabad.
Hello doctor I am 9 month 4 days pregnant I want to know the signs of labour how would I know that I am going into labour from last few days my vagina is leaking some yellowish discharge without any smell. Sometimes I feel little discharge of water also and thr is pain in left side of vagina pain occur while I walk and change any movement. Doctor said this is a pressure symptom pls suggest something.
There are a variety of aspects of skin care that have to do with elements and habits that are outside the products and treatments one may use in order to get youthful looking skin and retain its natural glow. Here is a list of five mistakes that may be aging your face despite the best efforts in terms of skin care. Banish these habits today to ensure that you do not end up with wrinkles and fine lines prematurely.
- Make Up: While there is nothing wrong with using make up on a regular basis, the cardinal sin that many of us commit includes not cleaning the make up properly before we hit the bed. Many of us are so tired by the end of the day that we end up sleeping with our mascara and lipstick still on. The ingredients of such products can greatly alter the quality of your skin if left on for too long. You will need to allow your skin to breathe without any layers of make up so that your dead cells can get replenished and the elasticity of the skin is retained.
- Sun Exposure: Prolonged sun exposure without proper protection like a proper sun screen can lead to long term damage and skin diseases too. Not only should we remain in the shade with a large floppy hat whenever we are out in the sun, but we should also do a little research and get the best SPF possible that will also suit our skin. Also, we should avoid staying the sun for too many hours in a row.
- Hydration: Many of us make the mistake of having sugary drinks and other beverages when the skin actually needs plenty of water for proper hydration. The skin tends to get dehydrated quickly because of the constant exposure to the world outside and all its micro particles that we catch from pollution and general dirt and grime. Therefore, it is important to replenish the skin with the clear goodness of natural water rather than drinking too many sugary beverages that can harm the collagen and break it down in the long run.
- Sleep: Late nights at work or play can both be extremely detrimental for the skin as the skin needs some rest in order to get the regeneration process going in a smooth manner. Tired looking skin with dark circles can give way to crow's feet and fine lines that look very unbecoming on a young person.
- Too Many products: Ensure that you use only a few products for a prolonged period, rather than using too many products and changing them often. This will keep the skin looking fresh and young.
Bowen's disease is a skin disorder; the main symptom of which is the formation of a pink or a red surface on the skin which may result in small erosion. The patches usually grow very slow but if left untreated, can lead to a more serious threat of skin cancer. The seriousness of Bowen's disease increases if it is not diagnosed or treated at the correct time. This skin cancer is known as 'squamous cell skin cancer'.
Symptoms of Bowen's disease:
- There will be several patches on the skin with distinctly clear edges and showing no sign of healing.
- The patches are may be red or pink, raised or flat over the skin where it forms.
- It may spread rapidly over a small localized area
- It can be itchy (in some cases).
The patches are predominantly found on areas such as the head, neck and in the lower legs. Once they start to develop, you should immediately consult a skin specialist who may take a sample of the skin for diagnosis.
Causes of Bowen's disease:
- Bowen's disease is caused due to long exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun. Usage of tanning/sun beds may prove to be problematic.
- Weak immunity system can cause Bowen's disease and can hamper the entire diagnostic process.
- Previous history of Radiotherapy treatment.
- HPV virus that can affect the genitals.
It must be noted that Bowen's disease is not hereditary in nature.
Treatment of Bowen's disease:
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to treat the part of the skin which is affected.
- Surgery: The abnormal skin is operated under the effect of local anesthesia.
Post-treatment follow-up is very important for the entire treatment process to yield results.