Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P.ThirumalaiYour feedback matters!
There are two different �typing� schemes doctors use when describing high blood pressure. The first, classification, conveys information about the underlying cause of the high blood pressure. The second, staging, refers to the severity of the high blood pressure itself.
The Staging System:
The system used to stage high blood pressure is very simple. Blood pressure has essentially two varieties; Stage I and Stage II.
The qualifications for staging high blood pressure as either Stage I or Stage II are based simply on numbers. If average measured blood pressure is above a certain numerical cutoff point, it is staged accordingly.
Stage I Hypertension:
Stage I Hypertension refers to blood pressure with average readings that are above 140/90 but below the criteria for Stage II Hypertension. Stage I Hypertension is an early, but still important form of high blood pressure. Depending on certain lifestyle factors, doctors may choose to either begin treatment with medicine or to allow for a �grace period� during which the patient is instructed to make certain diet and activity changes in an attempt to reduce the blood pressure.
Stage II Hypertension:
Stage II Hypertension can be diagnosed via either of two numbers. A measurement of either
systolic blood pressure >160
diastolic pressure >100
qualifies as Stage II Hypertension.
Treatment guidelines allow for much less flexibility in the initial approach to Stage II Hypertension, and those diagnosed at this stage are almost universally started on antihypertensive medicines immediately.
Stage II Hypertension also requires more frequent blood pressure checks and more careful monitoring.
Hello Dr. I am 27 year old male . Yesterday evening first time I have checked my blood pressure unknowingly and the result came is shocking 168/100. So I worried and recheck in night and my bp came is 140/98. Today morning I checked my fasting blood sugar its 105 because somebody has suggest me your father has sugar you please check . And after 2 hour I checked my bp its 120/80 then I feel relax but in evening I rechecked my bp its 145/110. Dr. My body head hand pain and I feel lazy and tired all time and think to take sleep or take a nap. Dr. . I regular go for morning walk. Dr. From last 15 days I am upset due to my father high sugar. Dr. please advise me what to do and reason behind this is their any serious problem.
I am too thin such that if any storm comes I will blow away. My ambition id s to get into defence services and I don't have a chest too. What should I do to build my body, chest, muscles.
I am 25. I am from ludhiana. I have blood pressure problem. I am not eating outdoor things. But my blood pressure rises very high. What should o do?
How to differentiate between heart problem and gastric problem ? As it occurs on the same side of chest and have same symptoms.
I love eggs ! I can eat for all the meals daily. But I eat only 4 eggs a week as I am over 60 and I am obese and have suffered a mild stroke and a mild heart attack. These white broiler eggs are better the the country foul or the brown skin eggs and how many can I eat in a week?
I'm 50 yrs, male, suffering from high BP (160/90) since last one year. I've taking medicines but not improve. Pl. Help.
I have high blood pressure can you suggest me how to reduce it and also gained weight. How to loose weight give me the proper diet.
As per doctor reference. Tnt report has and normal report is carried out. After considering report doctor said there is a blockage of veins which relates to heart. Please advice me what to do?
My Name is A. Girish Kumar. My mom is suffering with chest pain since long time. According to that I consulted the doctors in hospitals like Narayan Hrudayalaya, Jayadeva. As doctors said that, the problem is not related to heart, It's related to nervous, then I visited to Nimhans.
Doctor papa ko heart attack aya tha minor tha abhi thik bs chest m pain hota h or kab tk rehega pain or koi problem to ni hogi future mai Chest m dard ka karan doctor ne papa ko muka mara tha chest m angioplasty krte time Abb kuch suggests kareyh kya khaye khane m or esla koi or elag hai Kab tk rest krna hai Mere papa civil engineer hai to feild work jayda hai unko Doctor ne rest ke liye bola h.
The heart may sometimes face excessive fluttering or a throbbing sensation, which may make you feel uncomfortable. Such sudden throbbing sensations resulting in discomfort are called 'palpitations'. Homeopathy has some great remedies depending on the cause of these problems.
Let’s have a look at these:
- Palpitations caused by anxiety: This is one of the top causes for palpitations which occur before sitting for an exam, interview or before important events of your life. However, they may tend to stay longer and it is advisable that you control them with the use of Aconite or Arsenic Album.
- Palpitations caused by Physical exertion: If you have a weakened heart or if you smoke and thus tend to feel a lot of exertion even with the slightest of physical efforts, then Spigelia, Iberis and Digitalis are good medications. Digitalis is especially good for palpitations caused by the slightest of movements, while spigelia is very good with palpitations that cause arm pain as well.
- Anemia: Anemia or the lack of red blood cells can be very dangerous for your health as it can damage your vital organs. It can also cause palpitations along with other symptoms such as paleness, lack of strength and drowsiness. Natrum Mur and Ferrum Met are two of the most effective remedies in such cases.
- Use of tobacco products: Another reason for palpitations developing is the use of tobacco products, such as cigarettes or chewing tobacco. In such cases, palpitations may occur even with the slightest of exertions or at rest. Medications effective in such situations are Kalmia, Tabacum and Convallaria. These variations may be required depending on the types of symptoms you may show such as a quick heart rate or a slow heart rate.
- A palpitation caused by hyperthyroidism: Excessive secretion of thyroid is called hyperthyroidism and can cause a host of problems within the body including palpitation. Iodum and Spongia are two excellent medications in treating variations of palpitations caused by an over active thyroid gland.
- Palpitations caused by acidity or gastric problems: This is possibly the most common cause for palpitations and Lycopodium as well as Abies Can are two very effective homeopathic medications, which can easily remedy the situation, depending on the type of problems you are having. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My father has 3 heart blockages. Doctors are suggesting bypass surgery, but we want to treat it with ayurvedic and homeopathic medicines without surgery. Is this possible.
The eugenol in tulsi helps protect the heart and keeps one's blood pressure under control. It also lowers their cholesterol levels. Chew few leaves of tulsi on an empty stomach to prevent heart ailments. Chewing a few leaves of tulsi on an empty stomach every day can both prevent and protect any heart ailments.