Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. P.SankaralingamYour feedback matters!
I am 19years male and I am having backache and once I applied ointment for my back pain and my skin got burnt severely and my back pain still persists. Please help me relief my back pain.
I am 63 years old male diabetic. I am on insulin both morning and night. Human mixtard 30/70 18-0-15units, insultard 5-0-5 units. Taking following tablets glynace mf 1-0-1tab atrovastin 10mg 0-0-1 tab tested blood sugar hba1c -8 in march 2015. Now a days I am having severe pain in my groin when I put pressure on my left leg. Also my left hip, left knee are paining. What do you advice?
My wife is having severe leg pain after the birth of my daughter, my daughter is now 2 & half year old, but my wife still cant walk with out walking aid. She is having maximum problem in inner thighs. She cant sit on floor and can only sit on dice that too with much difficulties, she can sleep properly, but getting turn while sleeping is also a challenge for her. Please help, her age is 39.
I am a 38 year old male. For the last one month I m feeling pain in the joints and backside of palms of both the hands. A little bit swelling on the backside of palm of left hand. Is this due to uric acid or something else. I am non-alcoholic and vegetarian.
Meri wife ki age 28 hai usko hamesha dard rahata hai kabhi pet me to kabhi pith me aur ekdam dubali patli hai.
I am suffering from neck pain from last 1 year, I have consulted doctor nd I was fine fr few days but after dat again same problem started, I am not using pillows, doing neck exercises but still no use. And sometimes even my back portion of the head wil pain nd also right side of d head wil start paining if I sleep continuously turning in right position and sometimes full head, I wil hv headaches too sometimes. Pls suggest something so dat I can get red of it.
I am a 22 year old female. I have severe backache in my lower back from the past three months. The doctor said it is because of my sitting posture which I have corrected and used various pain relief sprays. But the problem still persists. The pain is moving down my right leg. Is this bad? What should I do?
I am suffering from spondylitis. Can this be finished with medicines with some time or I have to eat medicine life long.
I have pain in my left leg for last few days. I am taking pain killer. But it is not working. Kindly help.
I have a problem of joint pain.. Or headache in right side. My vision is normal but still I have headache n eye ache..
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.