Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. P.SankaralingamYour feedback matters!
Sir in leg. In feet up. Heavy pain in upper muscle when it get attack in sleep time it last long for 3 days. No sleep heavy pain. All type of exercise have done but no relief. Please help me out with medicines.
I am 23 year old cricket player, a bowler and I have the problem that I can't throw more than 2 overs with same potential continuously and even I can't throw a ball more than 3 times with my full strength as my hand starts paining in the elbow joint on the flat side not on the pointed elbow.
Back pain is a common source of pain and can be acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain and coccydynia or tail bone pain. Back pain can be quite troublesome as it disables a person to move about freely due to constant ache.
Here are some procedures for the treatment of back pain.
- Give your back some rest: Most people who get back pain become obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans and x-rays done. Some even take injections and other such measures without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter immediately and the simplest way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of pains in the back resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical actions and let time do the healing.
- Pills: While you let time treat your back pain, sometimes the pain increases and gives you a bad time. In this case, you can take anti-inflammatory medicinal pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, using such pills for a continued period of time causes side effects such as gastrointestinal disorders. Hence, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch.
- Hot and cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about 20 minutes, and you should take more than two sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad instead of ice. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries and reduces the flow of blood to that area. The swelling is eased as a result. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and increases the blood circulation, providing extra oxygen.
- Change your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of having a back pain. According to studies, it has been observed that people sleeping on medium-firm mattresses have healthier backs. In case your mattress in sagging or is over 8 years old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your back pain is very severe, you can resort to acupuncture, which provides efficient pain relief. The procedure changes the way your nerves react and reduces inflammation.
Back pain arises from various reasons and should always be taken care of. Unattended back pain worsens and makes the affected person suffer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 46 years old male having a problem with spine which is compressed at s1, s2, s3 & at c1, c2 & c3, causes severe pain in lower back. So kindly advise treatment for aforementioned problem. As my doctor says for the same no specific treatment is available. Thanks in advance.
Respected Sir, I have frequent burning sensation on my legs in different areas, specially on left leg. Sometimes having mild tingling on legs and hands, specially on left leg and both hands. Why its happening? Pls help if possible. Sometimes I feel sudden dizziness, with Anxiety & lil sweating. Also feeling little weak. Having pressure behind eyes, though eye test normal. Having Cervical Spondylitis. Also have feeling of vibration in legs and body with every heartbeat.
I am having extended work hours at office and this results in heavy neck and back pain. Please suggest something.
My legs are not strong enough and when I use to mood my leg same checking sound comes from knee evry tim and same is case with my right hand wrist joint why it is so?
Hi doctor I am 24 years female weight 65 kg I have physical events for sub inspector of police next month I am getting a lot of pain in knee joint while running, I am only able to walk while running I get a lot of pain in knee joint and it will last for a day and if I start running again the same issue
I am unable to sleep at night. I am working in IT field. I am working in strain. What will I do? I tried a lot of things such as meditation, yoga etc. But I am not cured. Suggest me a remedy.
Pain inner aspect of right knee while walking for around 2 month. Relived on taking rest. What should I do.
Suddenly developed severe pain under the left knee and getting difficult to walk. Any precaution/ suggested remedies
Sir, my age is 49. When I wake up at morning I regularly find my whole left hand numb. My blood pressure usually remains high so someone suggested that it may be connected to heart problem. Please advice something.
I am having burning sensation in both the foot and numbness feeling sometime in left foot fingers. There is tiring feeling while I am standing. I take Riomet duo 1 after lunch and Glyciphage tab after dinner in addition in the night I take pre neuron in 150mg but still no much improvement. Please advise.
Dear Dr. I have problem in my right arm at elbow when I through the pain has started in my arm. How can I away this problem?
(Synchronised full body massage)
Abhyangam is a gentle full body massage with selected herbal warm-oils . Abhyangam is one of the most rejuvenating treatment of Ayurveda. This stimulating treatment increases blood circulation, which in turn encourages quick removal of metabolic wastes, while providing relief in diseases such as:- Anxiety, Fatigue, Circulatory disorders, Rheumatic & Arthritic problems, Backaches & injuries
Abhyangam is recommended for stress relief, nervous stimulation, toning up of muscles, rejuvenation & immunization & also ideal for post delivery/natal care.