Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.S. VenkateswaranYour feedback matters!
My lip are becoming darken day by day. I think its due to climate and it getting tears. What. I should do now. Suggest me remedies for these I am not using any tobacco items.
My skin tone is getting blacker day by day only in face and hand region. What can I do. Please help me.
Hi, i`m 20 years old. My skin is very oily & get oil after 10 min of washing face. Kindly let me treatment so can get rid of this problem permanently.
I have a some straight line in my forehead Made a biopsy test which results in due to sunlight exposure and some says it morphea in forehead It appears like a dot dot black and formed as a line kindly provide me solution.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
Which soap good for me doctor my face has tone in summer due to heavy sunlight my face become black wat I do to become fair.
Hi my problem is my skin is going tan the by the what should I do give me some effective way to come out of this.
I have a boil (phunsi) in my anus. It is been 2 days now. The pain is increasing and difficult to go to toilet.
I had diarrhea 5 months back and after that I have been having a cut or tear like feeling on my rectum which itches on contact with sweat and moisture. I have tried rash creams. With zinc oxide and oils which is the other way to heal the year or abrasion.
I have under eye dark circles and I am suffering alot with this ,whenever I get sweat my face become dull and the darks circles get more visible, please make me out of this hell ,i am requesting you guys to give good suggestion and also sides of my noise becoming black due to Whiteheads not (black head)
Hellooooo sir I am Saroj my face become dark from last few days I don't know why? I am also think it is because of sun. So please sir tell me how to I recover from it.
Are home remedies for white patches shown on net useful. If yes up to what extend. I'm covered with white patches on the hand, elbow, chest, stomach and it is increasing rapidly. What is the best method in home remedies. I also have periodic pimples on my bumb, which itches and is recurrent, skin has become black I'm applying Betnovet Gm vety often. Pl. Suggest cream. My age is 48 yrs. Pl. Reply Sir. Thank you.
Hi sir. I am 22 year's old male. I have a problem with pimples and black spots on my face. Can you please suggest me which ointment/face wash is best to treat my problem. Tell me which ointment is best, which are available in medical stores.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder that is characterized by the development of white patches on the skin. The disorder is chronic in nature; it occurs when the melanocytes (melanin production and distribution agent) which are present in the skin, die.
The area of the skin affected by this condition tends to vary from person to person. It may affect the insides of your mouth, hair, eyes and cause permanent discoloration.
Vitiligo can be classified into two types
1. Segmented Vitiligo: This type of vitiligo tends to spread fast but is stable than the other type. It is asymmetrical and affects such portions of the skin which are linked to nerves that originate in the dorsal roots along the spinal cord.
2. Non- Segmental Vitiligo: This type of vitiligo occurs in equal proportions on both sides of the body. This disorder affects the areas of the skin that are exposed to sun frequently, such as the arms, neck and the face.
There is no known cause of vitiligo; however, the likely causes are found to be trauma from a stressful event, chemical exposure and genetics. It may also result from complications in the immune system.
1. The primary symptom of vitiligo is the appearance of white patches on the skin.
2. The initial patches which occur on the skin are slightly pale in color; which becomes even paler in due course of time and eventually turn white, thus making them look distinct and prominent on the skin.
3. The edge of the patches may become inflamed and cause itching.
4. Direct exposure to the skin may cause the symptoms to aggravate.
According to Ayurveda, Leucoderma is caused due to the aggravation of Pitta Dosha. Pitta is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes heat or fire, and is manifested in the skin. Aggravated Pitta leads to accumulation of ama (toxins) in deep layers of the skin, leading to the condition of Leucoderma.
Pitta is of five types; one of them is Bhrajak Pitta that gives coloration to skin. In the case of Leucoderma, Bhrajak Pitta is in an imbalanced state, and therefore, the skin starts losing its color and white patches appear. Along with Pitta Dosha, deeper body tissues like Rasa Dhatu (nutrient plasma), Rakta (blood), Mansa (muscles), Lasika (lymph) are also involved in the disease.
Treatment consists of pacifying imbalanced body energies, cleansing the blood and administrating herbs that restore skin color. Poor digestion is the root cause of this disease, as it causes the build-up of toxins in the tissues. An essential part of treatment, therefore, is restoring digestion. The patient will also be advised on the correct diet and lifestyle adjustments to prevent recurrence of the disorder.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Increase consumption of vegetables that are bitter in taste, like drumsticks and bitter gourd.
- Stay away from difficult to digest foods, sour taste, excessive salt, curd, fish, jaggery and sesame seeds.
- Avoid consumption of opposite foods, such as fish and milk together.
- Have sound and adequate sleep daily.
- Do not over-expose yourself to excessive cold or heat conditions.
I am a 25 years male. I have heard something about skin problems. Since my childhood I was fair but recent 5 years I have became black. Only my face has became black. All my body is fair but only my face. How can I become fair. Somebody suggested me to drink carrot and beetroot mixed juice daily. Does it work?
My skin is getting dull and dark day by day and a lot of pimples and spots are growing in my face. Help me to reduce it.
I'm becoming darker day by day now a days. And even suffering from severe rashes on my face when exposed to sun. Can. you prescribe mè a medicine?
How to reduce the marks of pimples on face. My marks come with chickenpox marks its is like dot dot in my face.
Fiber absorbs the essential nutrients and flushes out toxins from the body. Eating high-fiber foods like brown bread, oats, corn and citrus fruits boosts the skin’s texture and gives you clean, healthy-looking skin.
There can be no miracle other than water. Water is known to be a cleansing agent and flushes out all toxins from the body. Drinking lots of water throughout the day hydrates your body and makes the skin look and feel fresh. Pure water is better than any other beverage.
It is a fact that cucumber is made of 95 percent water. It has anti-oxidant properties and rehydrates the skin. It has a cooling effect on the skin and helps you achieve clean, fresh-looking healthy skin. For the best effect on your skin, try eating them raw.
Grapefruit is rich in fiber and water content. It is also rich in Vitamin C which helps in flushing out the toxins from your body. For best results, eat grapefruit or the juice without sugar.
5. Omega 3 Fatty acids:
For healthy skin opt for foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids as these have anti-inflammatory properties. Avocados, soya bean, nuts, tuna and salmon are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids.