Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P.RajalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I had miss my date and checking the result is positive but today have a problem of little bleeding is it sign of loosing the pregnancy or what the reason behind it and I have pain in my lower abdomen and in the back please give me respond soon I am so tensed about all.
Dear sir ,me and my girl met physically on 2nd of this month, her period time is 15th of this month, but till today period not came, so yesterday and today morning 2 times she checked pregnancy with home test kit, it showed negative 2 times, no early symptoms are appearing, and 1st time in her life 8 days delayed period, so please suggest us sir, and is there any chances for pregnancy.
Hi I am pregnant just got confirmed n am also having stomach pain often I have consultant a doctor n took scan where they said thickened endometrium so its pregnancy and they also said that I have cyst in my left ovarian complex and polycystic changes in right ovary in these cases is it safe to be pregnant or I can abort n first take treatment.
I am suffering from my mensuration cycle It always delays from the date and I suffer from a severe lower abdomen ache the first 2 days. This time the date was 3rd August but it delayed actually from 4th I am going through a very small amount of blood or no blood at all till today . Can anyone please help.
I am taking treatment for removal of cyst from ovary from homeopathy doctor from last six month. Can I take now Ayurveda treatment along with homeopathy tablets. Pl suggest.
Whenever you peruse through snack options in a store, looking for a fulfilling yet healthy option often turns out to be really challenging. This is where you might consider nuts, such as almonds or walnuts. They are healthy snacking options with rich reserves of protein, fibre, and energy.
However, even in the choice between almonds and walnuts, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind.
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams worth of fat, and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber,which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% Vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of Vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They are both essential, especially if they can be incorporated into our diets in the correct proportions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My girlfriend taking krimson-35 continue from last 2 months to till now. Last night we do unprotected sex. Than how many chances of pregnancy. If chance of pregnancy than what to do.
Jab me apne husband ke sath intimate hoti hu to vagina me irritation hoti h bahut jyada. please tell me why I have irritation. and treatment also.
I am 30 years women, and 4 years of married life. In the month of march, 2017 I got 2 periods on 16th and 26th mar. I consult gynaecologist for the same, she suggested me to go for pregnancy test,(result: Negative) so then she suggested me to gofor scan. In that they found i'm having stones in my kidney. 16 mm in my right and 8 mm in my left amd 2 stones of 5&6 mm in both the kidneys. She referred me to urology doctor for further case. I went and took exray and urologist suggested me to do surgery. This process took me mid of april as I consulted 2-3 doctors for reference. We already pre planned to go to out of country for a week in the end of april. So we decided to postpone my surgery for may 2nd week. After we came back to india, we came to know that i'm pregnant. Now exactly 2 months on 19th may 2017. Rushed to gynaecologist again, she suggested me not to worry becoz as I do not have kidney pain. As its your first pregnancy, she told me to be happy. But urologist is saying better to go for surgery may be in the process you will mis carriage your pregnancy. I do not want to happen like that. Not having proper sleep becoz of this problem. Please suggest me with a good solution that I shouldn't loose my pregnancy please.
Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is the important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions:
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. Primary function is that it's an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados and coconuts.
Essence of Dietary Fat:
- Fats are an excellent source of energy.
- Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
- If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
- Fats maintain the body temperature.
- Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.
Remember that Vitamin A is very important for vision:
- Interestingly, fats are considered as lubricant, preventing dryness and dehydration.
- Healthy fats protect the body from experiencing inflammation, improving immunity.
- Cell membranes as well as hormones need healthy fats. Fat is required for the overall metabolism of insulin, regulating healthy blood sugar levels.
- Caprylic acid in fat acts as antiviral substance, while lauric acid has anti-bacterial effects.
- If you want to lower your cholesterol level, opt for foods with palmitic and stearic acid.
- Butyric acid may help in the reduction of risk of cancer.
- Certain fats such as ghee or castor oil give lubrication to the colon. This supports digestion and the elimination process.
- Oils have a property to act as a carrier of medicine and also carry herbs effectively to the preferred organ or any tissue.
- Pregnant women should have fats as these are a brilliant source of food helping in the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fats indorse stamina and elasticity. This act interestingly for those who work out or even for those who work for long shifts in their jobs demanding physical work.
- Good fats boost cognition, memory as well as happiness. These help in the improvement of mental functions and your learning abilities.
Therefore, a balanced amount of fat is equally important for your body as that of other elements. Hence, eat right and stay healthy.
Before going in for details of health, disease and cure, few points are to be understood in proper perspective as we are dealing with living system. Every living system is comprised of one or more units - called cell. Every cell contains living substance. The essence of the living substance is that it differs chemically from the surrounding medium and yet maintains a DYNAMIC EQUILIBRIUM (HOMEOSTASIS) with its environment.
Homeostasis occurs in all living cells and in the fluids and organ systems of the multicellular organisms. Referring to mammals, the 19th century French physiologist Claude Bernard coined the expression "constancy of the internal environment is the condition of life. The American physiologist W B Cannon, who first used the word "HOMEOSTASIS" referred to " the system of checks and balances which maintain internal constancy as the wisdom of the body."
HOMEOSTASIS IN HEALTH
Living systems may regulate it's internal constancy despite an altered environment. And such regulation is achieved by hierarchies of controls, checks & balances, alternate mechanisms, negative and positive feedbacks etc as environmental stress is applied.
HEALTH IS EASE MAINTAINED
In other words, when homeostasis is maintained at its optimal best i.e. integral harmonious performance of the vital functions tend to the preservation and normal development of the organism and there are no abnormal sensations and functions, it is termed health.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION DEFINES HEALTH as "HEALTH is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."
HOMEOSTASIS IN DISEASE
Living system may alter a given property with reference to the environment ; the property conforms to the medium and homeostasis consists in cellular adjustments, such that metabolism continues in the altered state. So disease is an altered state of homeostasis and is attended by abnormal sensations and functions in the form of signs and symptoms.
DISEASE IS EASE DISTURBED i.e. DIS – EASE On one extreme, even a single named disease may vary in degree of intensity, frequency and pathology according to relative abnormality of homeostasis; while on other extreme a single individual can suffer from many diseases also. "So health and disease are interconvertible and are two faces of the same coin."
HOMEOSTASIS IN CURE
Cure is reversal of the altered state of the homeostasis to its normal pattern. It is not mere mitigating the signs and symptoms but to reach the optimal best state of homoeostasis i.e. health. As march from health to disease is relative, the restoration of disease to health also occurs in percentages or degrees. HEALTH IS EASE RESTORED!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is not having her period from last two months. Her last period was on 2nd feb2016. She is not pregnant as her ultrasound report said and feeling sick and stomach pain frequently. Suggest me some medicines to regulate her cycle. Its urgent sir/mem. Please consult something.
Hi I have got my periods already but still I see positive result in pregnancy strip. Is it possible. If so please suggest a med to terminate this.
Dear sir/madam. I need small help please give suggestion for my question. My wife is pregnant first time in January 2017 but sum family problem issue that why my wife abortion in March 2017. Than I need again pregnant my wife How long time to next pregnant. Know continue sex with my wife with in 2 month but no results coming in pregnant.
I am 46 years old and have no children. I had three miscarriages. Recently I have done a blood test for certain hormones. The result is that I have weakly presence of lupus anti-coagulant. I have read about it on the internet. But I would like to know if it is a very serious problem.Please suggest me something for conceive.
I'm 28 years old, mother of a 3 yr old and having knee pain and irregular period like once in 3 months, i'm trying to conceive, pleas help
I was having problem of irregular periods. My doctor prescribed me premolut-N 3 tablets a day for 5 days then to continue with krimson 35. But after taking 5 days of premolut n still did not got periods.
In simple language, Hemorrhage is when the blood escapes from veins or blood vessels. This escape may happen because of various reasons like, for example, injury, low platelet count, threatened abortion, piles (Hemorrhoids), cancer, surgery, liver disease, brain trauma, acute bronchitis, menstrual problem and so on.
Types of Hemorrhage:
As a matter of fact, Hemorrhage is grouped into several categories. Hemorrhage can occur post surgery, and such a Hemorrhage is called as postoperative Hemorrhage. Similarly, for various reasons Hemorrhage can occur from the artery (Arterial Hemorrhage), vein (Venous Hemorrhage) or capillary (Capillary Hemorrhage). If Hemorrhage happens because of an injury, it is called primary Hemorrhage.
Other types of Hemorrhage are delayed bleeding post injury (Reactionary Hemorrhage), bleeding following childbirth (Postpartum Hemorrhage), delay in bleeding following Sepsis popularly called as septic (Secondary Hemorrhage), bleeding from urine (Haematuria), bleeding while coughing (Hemoptysis) and bleeding caused in the stomach (Hematemesis).
Further, Hemorrhage can be broadly classified into two namely internal and external:
- It would be needless to mention that excessive bleeding may lead to several complications. It can result in organ failure and there are instances that excessive bleeding can be fatal. On the other hand, blood loss can be external or visible Hemorrhage like those caused during an injury. There are also instances of blood loss occurring internally in which case the patient may notice blood either in the urine or stools, vagina or while coughing or through the nostrils or even from the mouth. In such cases, the patient should be rushed to a doctor who after careful examination, and tests would be able to identify the causes of the internal bleeding.
- In case of external bleeding or external Hemorrhage like those caused due to an injury, you may provide the necessary first aid. When the bleeding is noticed, do not get alarmed and also try to keep the patient calm. Hemorrhage caused due to external injury would normally stop within one or two minutes. However, if the bleeding persists even after two or three minutes, such cases would require medical attention, and therefore, you should rush the patient to the doctor at the earliest.
There are several remedies to tackle the problem of Hemorrhage. Some of the normal procedures followed are IV fluid, oxygen, administering medicines like vitamin B12 and so on. In complicated cases, the physician may suggest bone marrow surgical procedure, Endogenous EPO or such other procedures. If Hemorrhage is left unattended, it can result in several complications. Therefore, you should rush the patient to the physician urgently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.