Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. P.RajalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. My periods were due on 1st Nov but the periods have not yet started. And I had unprotected sex with my BF on 5th of Nov and now I am scared if I would get pregnant. Please advice on what can I do now.
My wife is having low sex interest, what would be the preferable sex enhance medicine for her, please suggest.
Abhyanga is a warm oil self-massage. It is an important part of self-care that provides healing benefits to
the body and mind. Abhyanga improves circulation, moisturizes the skin, awakens the lymph system,
and calms the mind and nervous system.
It especially calms the vata dosha; however, by using oils appropriate for each dosha, Abhyanga
supports all three doshas.
Improves luster and tone of the skin
Enhances complexion and creates softer, smoother skin
Lubricates the joints
Nourishes scalp and creates luxurious healthy hair
Supports healthy function of immune system
Balances the nervous system and calms the mind
Supports deep restful sleep
Increases energy and ojas
Make sure bathroom is warm. Place old towel on floor to prevent oil stains.
Heat some water to near boil. Pour water in a coffee mug. Place plastic container of recommended
massage oil into the cup until oil is warm. Use flip top container for easier application.
Begin to apply oil to body. Begin with the head, rubbing oil into scalp. Be sure to lubricate the ears.
Then massage oil into the neck, shoulders and arms. Continue with the abdomen and back. Finish with
the legs. Spend extra time on the hands and feet. Use long strokes for the limbs and circular motion for
the chest, abdomen and joints.
Allow the oil to penetrate the skin for 10-15 minutes. Note: if short on time, even allowing the oil to soak
in for 5 minutes will be of benefit.
Take a warm shower, being careful to not slip as the feet are oily. Use soap where needed and sham-
Itʼs best to avoid Abhyanga when the following conditions are present:
During menstrual cycle
Systemic ama/toxins in the body. Usually the tongue has a thick coating on it under these conditions.
Experiencing a cold or flu
During pregnancy, without the consent of your health care practitioner
RECOMMENDED OILS FOR THE DOSHAS
Be sure to use organic oils, as the skin is the largest organ on the body. One can simply use the
straight-up base oils. However, in my opinion, if I am investing the time and energy in the self-massage, I
like the extra boost of healing herbs in my Abhyanga oil. So, I will use herbal oils. To be more cost
effective, one can use a 50:50 blend of the base and herbal oils.
Abhyanga is a simple, effective, and luxurious practice that puts the “ahhhh” in self-care. Investing time
to nourish yourself in the morning will provide a sweet return of bliss throughout the day, as well as long
term health benefits.
My friend name is shivani. She is suffering from irregular period from starting i. E. From 5-6 years. Is it normal or she should take medicine or proper treatment? What can be the main cause of this problem except tension?
Dear doctors I am pregnant from last 4 and a half month my weight is only 55 kg tell me doctors is it OK or any problem.
I am 25 years I am married I have a boy vo abi 18 month ka hai vo ek hi booms se doodh pita hai mere booms ka size small big ho gaya hai booms ka size ek jaisa krne k liye kya kRNA hai.
I am a 27 year old female I have period problem, continuous bleeding for 13 days. Before when I was 14 year that time it was for 9 days. I have taken medicine for 6 month. Medicine name-regestrone 5mg for 3 month after 3 month I have taken duoluton l for again 3 month. This time my period was for 5 days. After I stop the medicine again it is bleeding 13 days. Before it was coming monthly but only this month my period came after 2 month. I am married.
Menopause is characterized by the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule as the 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Early menopause usually starts between the ages of 40 and 45. Untimely menopause begins significantly earlier, before the age of 40. Nevertheless, premature or early menopause is not that common with only about one percent of the women going through early menopause before the age of 40.
The signs and symptoms of early menopause are like the usual menopause. Some basic side effects include:
- Irregular periods (amenorrhea)
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Mood shifts
- Mental fogginess
- Diminished sex drive
Your specialist will suggest a treatment depending on your individual circumstances. Some common ways to deal with premature or early menopause are as follows:
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Supplements containing estrogen and progestin can help and replace some of your reproductive hormones in the body that can no longer make it all alone. They are frequently taken until the normal period of menopause (around 50) to help avoid bone loss. This treatment is not suggested for all ladies since it expands the danger of:
- Heart issues
- Blood clots
- Breast cancer
Supplemental Calcium and Vitamin D
Supplementary calcium and vitamin D can help in preventing osteoporosis in case you are not getting enough of these supplements from your normal diet. Women between ages 19 to 50 need to consume 1,000 milligrams of calcium for each day through food or supplements. Ladies over age 51 need to consume 1,200 milligrams for each day. A prescribed day-to-day measure of vitamin D has not yet been built up. For grown-up females, most specialists prescribe 600 to 800 global units through food or supplements. One should get a prescription from a doctor before ingesting the medication.
Other strategies to deal with Infertility
A few ladies with untimely menopause can at present get pregnant with no treatment. Ladies who want to have children, however, tend to become infertile after early or untimely menopause, need to consider in-vitro treatment, fertilization or even adoption.
Numerous ladies discover that having a conversation with a therapist can be supportive to adapt to their anxiety. It helps them release their pent up emotions and gives the clarity and satisfaction about their problems. Talk therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy are always beneficial since they help in addressing the symptoms and side effects that a woman may be going through emotionally when it comes to early menopause.
Hi doc I am married 26 years old female trying to conceive from 1.5 years I have regular 28-30 days cycle but this time now it is 21 days post my period date my last period date was 1.07.2016 still I didn't get my periods twice I took home pregnancy test it is negative y I did not got my period suggest any medicine to get periods and what might be the problem.
I always hv delay periods 10 days or 12 days nd sometimes I missed my periods.. After diagnose we get small size of uterus. Is it the main reason of irregularity of periods. How can it cured. sometimes my gianologist regment me meprate. I want periods without taking medicine, is it possible. I think taking medicine for periods also leave sm side effects.
I'm 20 years old. I have suffering from late periods, nd due to which I think I have more facial hairs in increasing level, I'm feeling embarrassed becoz of those facial hairs, I'm having eosinophil level high. What to do to get rid of late periods Nd facial hairs?
PMS is one of the worst food sensitive diseases. Symptoms include moodiness, bloating and headache. All it takes is one symptom to crop up for the whole body to go down. While environmental changes and preventive measures play a crucial role in dealing with this condition, careful choice of food goes a long way in keeping PMS under control. Here is a list of some best and worst food for PMS:
Foods that are Good During PMS:
- Brussels sprouts, Artichokes and Broccoli: These veggies with high fibre content are known to ease bloating. Furthermore, the high water content of these veggies effectively deals with gas, discomfort, and puffiness. The idea is to refrain from foods with high sodium content that only contributes to the suffering.
- Quinoa, what berry and popcorn: These foods help to deal with a short temper which is a very common occurring of PMS. Some other good effects of a high carb diet such as these include fighting anxiousness, depression and maintain composure. Consuming whole grain on a daily basis also helps to keep the mood cheerful. This happens because of the added secretion of the feel good factor hormone called serotonin.
- Banana: Many women tend to face sleep disturbances before the period sets in. A recent study at the John Hopkins University found that less sleep before the period makes a woman susceptible to cramps and discomfort. Banana contains melatonin. The latter helps the body maintain its natural rhythm.
- Eggs: The cravings during PMs can be very difficult to handle. It is therefore very important to start the day a very healthy breakfast. The right amount of protein and healthy fat present in an egg helps to keep the body energised throughout the day. Scrambled egg and an ounce of chicken is a perfect answer to PMs craving.
Some foods to avoid during PMS:
- Processed fats: Processed fat contains a lot of processed fats, sodium and salt. Processed fats make a woman puffy and increment bloating. Processed foods contain very high protein content that becomes very difficult for the body to process during PMS.
- Sugary foods: Craving for sugary food is pretty normal during PMS. However, too much sugar consumption during PMS fluctuate the blood sugar level. They also aggravate tension and mood swings. The latest study has found that refined sugar can disturb the immune system and creates a lot of fatigue in a woman.
- Caffeine: Restricting caffeine during the period can help prevent the cramps and bloating. Certain caffeine such as coffee, cigarettes and chocolate can aggravate breast tenderness, anxiety, and depression. What's more, they systematically create a craving for sweet and other caffeine-related stuff. A better alternative to caffeine during PMs is herbal and green tea, water and fruit juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.