Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. P. Padma KumarYour feedback matters!
Yesh I feel better after crying Since I am having this problem I often get angry nd lose my mind I do not want company Like to live alone.
Depression and some antidepressants can curb your libido. This has a negative effect on the depression as intercourse releases 'happy hormones'. Thus depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
Here are a few things you can work on if stress or depression is ruining your sex life:
- Break the pattern: Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships. Talk to your partner.
- Having an open conversation with your partner: It is the key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Try to stay away from performance anxiety: Don't let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner's needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
- Don't make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired: If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don't pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner's admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life.
I'm short temper. How can I control it. But my anger won't stay for 10 mins. Suddenly I will be cooled up to normal.
I am living always under tension because my monthly income not sure at present my elder son thinking and my thinking not matched so he want to live alone and decided to join in Iskon Temple, this way always I thinking about his future so pl. Give me guidance at present my age is 52 years and my son age is 24 year.
I started using nicotex for controlling cigarettes but still getting thoughts to smoke what should I do now?
My weight is 86 kilograms and I am a regular alcoholic meri sharab pine ki aadat nahi ja rahj hai roj pita hu or mera weight badhta he ja raha hai kya karu samaj main nahi aata please help me or ha main cigrate bhi bohot pita hu wo aadat bhi chudani hai.please help
Medicine of ocd. My wife wasting too much water on washing wall, door, pipes, electronic items. And force to children do same please consult the best medicine.
I am 26 years girl recently married and due to unwell doctors suggested that its a depression as all report coming normal but I am discomfort in sleep and lots of mood swings and vomit I was under medication for last 3-year but suddenly I left medication after engagement.in feb 2016 now I have restarted the medication. But i am afraid that this medicine will effect for conceiving. Can I try homeopathic instead of allopathy. Suggest.
The fact is that depression can develop in anyone, and at any age. The types of depression include:
- persistent depressive disorder (symptoms last for two years)
- psychotic depression
- major depression
- bipolar disorder
- postpartum depression (occurs in women after having a baby)
- seasonal affective disorder (occurs during the winter months)
- depression coupled with anxiety disorders
Causes and Risk Factors
Chemical imbalances in the brain cause depression These can occur on their own as a result of genetics and hormonal issues. Depression can also coexist with other illnesses. No matter the exact cause of depression, it can result in numerous physical and emotional symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms of depression include: