Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P.G.Mariarputham
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.G.MariarputhamYour feedback matters!
Does the sunthi can be done at any age? My age is 30 and my foreskin not going back and my marriage life has no problem with it. I heard some where that, I can lost long in sex if I did sunthi to my pennis. Is it true. Present I can do sex for 5 to 7 mnts after insertion.
Today morning I noticed for last 1 to 2 months I am not getting that morning bed erection will it lead to erectile dysfunction whom should I concern for the lengthening solution.
My daughter (7 years) is suffering from adenoids. We found this problem in the age of 3-4 years and suggested to wait for another two years. She had no problem during these 2 years. From last month onwards she was suffering from ear pain and now doctor says to go for surgery. Request you to kindly suggest is there a remedy without surgery or still shall we wait for some years?
I am 23 years old, my hair is almost getting change in color from black to white, means maximum hair of head are white, what can I do for stop this, and have hair fall problem?
Im 20 yrs old male, n hv grown only sm hairs on chin n small hairs on uppr lip, pubic n leg hairs r fine. Wt shud b done? Waiting fr response, thnku.
Hi Dr. I am 29 year old I have oral scaling 6 month ago and now I have swelling gums lower side also white patches in inside the gums more the 2 month tongue pain and white coated tongue sore thorat more than 2 year oral thrush does not heal last 4 month I am hsv 1+2 igg positive and igm negative patient sir please tell me all these problem due to hsv or other cause pl help me bcz I am very worrying about this I have done opg 4 month ago Dr. does not say anything.
Obsessive compulsive disorder is a serious disabling mental illness that traps people in an endless cycle of repetitive thoughts and behaviours. People with OCD are plagued by recurrent thoughts, fears, or obsessions that are anxiety-producing. Usually, even though the patient knows that the fears or obsessions are senseless, he or she can‘t control them.
The anxiety produced by these recurring thoughts leads to an urgent need to perform certain rituals or routines which are called compulsions. These compulsions could be washing one’s hands, cleaning the house or any such thing. These rituals are performed to make the obsessive thoughts go away, which they do for a short time, only to come back again stronger. The person is thus involved in acting out compulsions for hours together in a day, which really affects his relationships, profession or studies.
Symptoms of OCD
The symptoms of OCD are the obsessions and compulsions that a patient battles with daily. The common obsessions are:
- Fear of contamination by germs
- Fear of causing harm to other people
- Fear of mistakes
- Fear of being embarrassed in public
- Fear of thinking sinful thoughts
- Need for exactness and order
- Need for constant reassurance due to excessive doubt
In order to get over these obsessions, the patient carries out these common compulsions:
- Washing hands or bathing repeatedly
- Refusing to shake hands
- Repeatedly checking stoves and locks
- Constant counting while performing routine daily tasks
- Constantly arranging and re-arranging things in an orderly manner
- Eating foods in a specific order off the plate
- Repeating specific phrases or prayers
- A need to perform tasks a certain number of times daily
- Collecting items which are useless of have no apparent value
The cause of OCD is not yet certain. It was thought to happen due to low levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin, but today scientists think it could be because of problems in the pathways of the brain that link areas dealing with judgment to an area that filters messages involving body movements.
The treatment is medication and something called Cognitive behaviour therapy.
- In this, the psychologist teaches people with OCD to confront their fears and reduce anxiety but without acting out the compulsions. Cognitive therapy focuses on reducing the over-thinking that is seen in OCD patients.
- Medication therapy uses medicines like antidepressants such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) like Prozac and Zoloft, to quote the most common ones. Psychiatrists also use antipsychotics as they have shown to relieve OCD symptoms.
- If medications and cognitive behaviour therapy both fail, then doctors have to take recourse to electroconvulsive therapy or ECT.
- The thing to remember is that OCD will not go away by itself, how-so-ever long you wait. So, pick yourself up and seek treatment before the OCD symptoms get out of hand.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!