Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Noor MohammedYour feedback matters!
My 1 year daughter has small two ball like things back side of her head. I think she is not feeling any problem about this. But sometimes she itching them. What to do? please give advice.
Hi, I've a 5 month baby. I think that my breast milk supply is not enough for my baby. So I want to know how I can increase my breast milk supply. Means what food I should take or anything else to increase breast milk?
My boy is 2.6 years weight is 11.0 kg last 8 months fever coming blood test and xray normal t.b also tested no result hot water taken every month used 30 ml anti boitc cold and cough syrup used I am feeling sir, please tell me any suggestion give me sir.
My one year baby has103 fever at night I give her ibugesic plus 3ml her weight is 6 kg she has runny nose also what can I give her? Any antibiotic etc?
Hello I want to discuss regarding my kid, 7 years old and studies in 1st state. His behavior was changed since 3-4 months. He doesn't complete the homework And annoying to go the school. During whole day, just either watching cartoons channels or playing games on mobile. What to do?
I am 26 year old and mother of 3. I am still breastfeeding my 1 year 8 months old baby and want to stop now. My breast became saggy, soft and sometimes wrinkled. I want to increase my breast size naturally by homeopathy and diet and also want to lift up my sagging breast. I am very depressed looking at it.
Baby boy 3.5 months old had his 3rd DTaP vaccine yesterday. Previous 2 doses were painless ones. Baby didn't get fever at all. Is it okay? Does it mean that the Baby is not producing enough antibodies to fight? Please clarify my doubt! Thank you.
Hello doctor my baby is 15days old it's CRP value is 2.4 and positive, I have noticed sum pus around its umbilicus after the cord fell, a pediatric suggested to give Cefrine antibiotics for 5 days dose of 0.7ml twice a day it has been 4 days but still I can see sum pus though not oozing still inside the naval iam at the moment cleaning it with spirit and applying betadine powder around it. Please suggest what can be done and is it anything alarming iam very tensed at the moment. My child is 4kgs in wgt and feeding on formula milk ryt now.
My son was born underweight 1.8 kg. He is now one year old but his weight is not increasing as expected. Please suggest some ways to increase his weight.
My son 5 month usually give out milk in the form of curd. Is there any problem of digestion. Pls advice.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.