Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. NithyaYour feedback matters!
You are in the middle of a hot summer afternoon and decide to have some ice to cool off. Suddenly you hear a crackle and something comes into your mouth that doesn't quite taste like ice. oops! That's a part of your broken teeth! Although your first instinct is to panic, don't worry as there are a lot of things dentists can do these days to fix chipped teeth.
A tooth may chip off for some other reasons too. Decay being one of the main culprits, it erodes the top enamel leaving the tooth exposed to decay. Taking an unsightly fall or getting your teeth broken in a fight are some of the other reasons why your teeth may break o partially chip off. Here are some things you can do:
- Take care of you chipped tooth: The first thing to do when you realize that you have a chipped tooth is to see a dentist. If you are unfortunately suffering from this problem on a weekend when a dentist near you isn't accessible, keep the jagged edge of the broken tooth covered with a sugarless chewing gum or paraffin. If you get hungry, opt for a liquid diet or soft solids that don't require chewing.
- Treatment: Filling or bonding that is if you've chipped a visible tooth in your frontline, your dentist will use a tooth coloured composite resin for a 'bonding' procedure. If it is one of your inside teeth, your dentist may try a simple 'filling' to fix things up. Bonding is pretty much 'gluing' bits of your artificial teeth on. The dentist clears up the surface to place the adhesive and sticks the bonding material and then hardens it into shape with ultraviolet light.
- Adding a crown or dental cap: This procedure is used when a larger piece of tooth chips off, it happens mainly due to decay. The dentist will chip off the edges from your broken teeth and cover it with a crown or cap to protect the tooth from further damage. The cap also acts as a cosmetic fixture not making anyone realize that it is different from your real teeth.
Patients are generally given a choice on the material for the cap, which they can choose based on cost and cosmetics. A metal cap is the strongest, but can make you look like a villain from yesteryears, which has an evil glint in every smile. The other common options are porcelain fused to metal, all ceramic or all resin. This procedure will require more than one visit for x-rays, taking an impression of the tooth, trial for your crown and finally fixing it.
Whenever I do scaling so much blood comes out. Even after doing that my problem is not solved as I get blood every now and then. While brushing or when I bite something from front tooth blood comes out or whenever I give pressure over my teeth blood comes. Please help.
Severe tooth ache due to cavities I have taken ketorol dt and antibiotic for 2 days but no use pls suggest better medicine with immediate relief.
Well, I am suffering from tooth ache . When ever consulted my dentist only suggests RCT or removal of teeth I suppose he is fooling Mr. and trying to take money from my pocket. please advise.
Dear Sir / Madam I am 38 years Male from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. Last 15 days before i suddenly got a Blood Vommit in the Morning, So i was taken to hospital and through Endoscopy i has been found some bleeding in LIVER and four Studs has been placed and the blood bleeding has been stopped. After Complete analysis, I have been said that Iam suffering from LIVER CIRRHOSIS and Platelet & RBC count on blood is 37,200 is very low. I my Liver Function Test, Billurubin is 9.2. So I request you to suggest any useful tips for my health.
I am facing problem of blood in gums while doing paste. I am 24 years old. And if pin point upon gums any time blood will come out. Please suggest me something also suggest paste name if any. I have done with scaling around 6 moths before and I am facing this problem since 3-4 year.
I'm going through chronic bad breath situation. Please help me with your informative reply to get rid of this. Thank you.
I am 56 years old man operated (laser assisted excision) inside throat for having excess small globular mass in Aug. 15 and biopsy done. Before operation due to this mass I got troubles like blood coming out through mouth occasionally and some breathing troubles. The H&E and IHC pattern favour a diagnosis of solitary plasmacytoma. But so far I have no issues and feel ok. Now whether I have to do any tests how frequently to prevent this problem to re occur.
Sir I am using sensodine toothpaste from last 10 days. As I'm having bleeding gums as no other toothpaste cure my bleeding. After doing sensodine I am not able to taste my food. I find it tasteless .does it have any side effect I am 31 years old. Should I Cary on sensodine.
Even after 3 months of tooth filling, I have pain and sensitivity. I repeatedly consulted my doc, who is just shooing me away with pain killers and antibiotics. Please help.
I am losing gum, teeth getting chilled when I taken something, I am feeling like losing my teeth, how can I get my gums.
Hi Fecal Bad Breath, started in highschool. Now, 22 in last years of College. Been suffering for about 7 yrs. Took a lot of antibiotics during preteen and teen yrs. I Was treated for Hpylori and Acid Reflux in late teens but didn’t help with Fecal Bad Breath. My Fecal BB can fill up a room. The who farted comments, the it smells like shit, people opening windows, covering noses etc. I however never had Nasal BB or Body odor, it was only Fecal BB when I talked. I have pretty much spent the last years of my life not talking to people other than family. School has been very tough but I’m proud of myself for hanging in there. Nothing helped- I have tried it all- three, Therabreath, Tri oral, chlorophyll, etc You name it – I have tried it. My room is like a mini pharmacy. I have been treated for acid reflux, hpylori, and nothing helped. Other symptoms – Constant bloating and cramps, IBS – Heartburn, bad skin, burning sensation in stomach, white tongue and always a sore throat.
My gums hurt whenever i chew food a lot. And the pain is unbearable. I have been using sensodyne toothpaste rapid relief for more than a year. I also tried using rexidine m gel but the pain does not go. What do i do??
I am 23, I have broke my 1 upper incisor tooth on 26th June accidentally, Dentist have cemented with temporary one for 1 month. He recommended to do me capping. What about capping warranty. Is it will be for lifetime? Whether I have to visits specialized one or any dentist can do capping?
Sir, I am 20 years old I had 3 teeth cavity in my mouth. The three teeth are pain in every day, every moment slightly pain. I have used so many pain relief medicine and liquid medicine but these are working few minutes but no one permanently relief. What should I do now? Please help.
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.