Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalaYour feedback matters!
My teeth's are not in proper line. I need to fix it by straighting with the help of clips. How much it will cost and how long it would take?
My daughter is 6 years old her molar teeth was extracted two days back due to Spoiled teeth. Her dentist says the other side molar teeth also should be removed in next month, though the other side molar teeth is good as of now he says as she has to use only that side for chewing there are chances of decaying that side too. Is it good advice? Is there no any way to protect the other molar teeth? As she can not chew anything till she gets the new one. Please help.(As of now no problem with the other side molar teeth)
I have a cavity in my teeth and its paining, what should I do? I have tried painkillers but they are not making a difference.
Your dentist will give you instructions on what to do at home, before you leave the surgery, following an extraction. It is important that you closely follow any tooth extraction aftercare instructions that the dentist gives you.
The advice is aimed at reducing any problems that may occur after the treatment, i.E. Giving you the best chance of an uncomplicated recovery. Pain and bleeding are the two main possible problems which need to be controlled.
I have sensitivity problem in my teeth help me to recover it . I also try Colgate but it can't recover me.
Hello Sir, I had crowding in both upper and lower teeth. I put on the braces for 2 years ans got it removed a month back. After that my doctor puts fix retention wire on the back side of teeth in both arches. Problem is that my lower teeth especially the 2nd tooth from centre started rotating. My doctor gave me another retainer which he said that I need to put for 7-8 hours. I am worried. Will it bring back the rotated tooth to normal position? Or what can be done to prevent treatment failure? Waiting for ur reply. Thanks.
I am having blood in my mouth while sleeping. Some times the blood with saliva has yellow substance. What would be the reason.
I have mouth ulcers very often they hurt badly but if one goes away then the second comes as soon as possible and they all hurt and right now I have 3 mouth ulcers and 4th one is coming I'm afraid if I have a mouth cancer or not. Is it true that I have mouth cancer or it's something else? Please help me.
I suffer from wisdom tooth problem, wherein the tooth completely inside the gum and the flaps of the gums are slowly opening. I have already undergone a wisdom tooth extraction surgery in the past almost a year back and have well aware about the after effects of the surgery which is really painful. I do not wish to go through the same trauma. Hence want to know any other option or medication apart from surgery.
My front teeth gap is much big and i dnt want to trim my teeth without trimming option i prefer because if it doesnot look good after treatment i can remove that treatment and look as before so pls advise not so costly treatment bt good also
My teeth is yellow and being black. Which truth pest I use and what I do then my teeth become complete white and shining.
I am 24 years old. I can not open my mouth large as I eat rajnigandha and tulsi. But now I leave to eat. What can I do to open my mouth larger?
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.