Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelu KailashYour feedback matters!
Androphobia can be described as the unfounded and often overstressed fear of men. This phobia can affect both the genders, though younger females are more known to suffer from this kind of phobia.
Causes and origin:
Many psychoanalysts are of the opinion that women who had been victims of sexual assault or any kind of male aggression are more prone to androphobia. An unsympathetic and rude father figure can trigger this phobia in both the sexes. Many young girls are taught by their parents or caregiver to stay away from the opposite sex this can also instil a sense of fear for men in the young mind.
Intense and irrational fear of men is one of the commonest manifestations of this phobia. In many cases, the individual might experience disturbing thoughts about being assailed by men. In spite of realizing that the fear is unfounded, they still avoid any kind of association with men. In some cases, the person is extremely panicky and alert in presence of men. Extreme cases of androphobia are characterized by panic accompanied with tremors, increased heartbeat, dizziness, nausea, stomach ache and chest ache.
Androphobia and sex life:
Androphobia can gravely affect the personal life of an individual particularly his/her sex life. Androphobic women intentionally keep away from male company which definitely has a negative impact on their sex life. Even mildly androphobic women are known to feel uncomfortable while talking to men. The androphobics are generally depressed individuals who prefer to keep to themselves. In spite of having feelings for a man or having the urge to have sex, an androphobic woman will hardly be able to convey her feeling because of her intense fear of manliness. The loneliness and alienation which is associated with this kind of phobia often prompts a woman to contemplate suicide.
As with most other phobias, androphobia is also a curable condition. Your psychiatrist can suggest various medications and psychotherapies to cure your condition. The exposure therapy in which the phobic is slowly exposed to the much feared subject is known to work well in many cases. The CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is another treatment for androphobia where counselling sessions are conducted so that the phobic can express and share her nature of phobia. During the sessions, the counsellor suggests ways of dealing with the phobia and keeping it under control. The objective of the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is to recognize the pessimistic images related to men and turn them into positive ones. When none of these therapies work, the psychiatrist usually suggests anti-anxiety and anti depressant medications which improve the temperament of the androphobic. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Christmas time brings with itself the mouth watering dessert of plum cakes. Besides being delicious, plum cakes come loaded with numerous health benefits. Read on to find out how plum cakes are a healthy dessert option.
Why are plum cakes good for your health?
Plums are rich in various nutrients, which make plum cakes a healthy food choice despite being a dessert. Plums are full of dietary fibre, which helps in lowering your cholesterol level, controls blood sugar level and helps you in maintaining an ideal body mass index. This fruit is also known for its high vitamin C content, and it ensures that your body absorbs most of the available iron from the food after consumption. Additionally, it also strengthens your immune system. Plums contain an array of minerals like magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, manganese etc, which are necessary for the proper functioning of your body. Plus, they are packed with antioxidants, which help in the digestion of your food and in maintaining good metabolism.
Also, the eggs in the plum cake are very good for your health too. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, which along with its vitamin B2 content, help in raising HDL (or good) cholesterol levels. Besides, eggs contain choline (a water-soluble nutrient), which is necessary for the proper functioning of your brain and liver.
Here’s an easy Christmas plum cake recipe for you.
Vegetable oil-1 cup
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Plums-about 450 grams, drained and chopped
Chopped nuts- ½ cup
Baking soda-1 teaspoon
Vanilla essence-1 teaspoon
Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Take a 9-inch pan and grease it with oil. Sprinkle some flour over it. Start beating the eggs in a small container. Mix the vanilla essence and keep aside. Blend the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix the beaten egg with it. Mix the flour and baking powder in a different container and then add to the previous mixture. Gently blend it to give a consistent texture. Add the chopped pieces of plum and nuts. Mix well. Pour into the greased pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I have too much pain in my thighs waist and abdomen during periods what should I do to get rid from this pain?
गोंद कतीरा के गुण और स्वास्थ्य लाभ हैं चौकाने वाले!
गोंद कतीरा /gond katira / hog-gum कतीरा पेड़ से निकाला जाने वाला गोंद है। इसका कांटेदार पेड़ भारत में गर्म पथरीले क्षेत्रों में पाया जाता है। इसकी छाल काटने और टहनियों से जो तरल निकलता है वही जम कर सफ़ेद पीला हो जाता है और पेड़ की गोंद कहलाता है।
गोंद कतीरा तासीर में ठंडा है, इसलिए गर्मी में इसका सेवन करें। सर्दी में सेवन उचित नहीं माना जाता। इसके सेवन से शरीर में ताक़त बनी रहती है पेशाब में जलन और पेशाब सम्बंधित बीमारी में यह रामबाण की तरह काम करता है गोंद कतीरा का प्रयोग विभिन्न प्रकार के रोगों को दूर करने के लिए किया जाता है।
गोंद कतीरा शरीर के खून को गाढ़ा करता है, हृदय की कठोरता को दूर करता है और आंतों की खराश को दूर करके बलवान बनाता है। यह शरीर से निकलने वाले खून को रोकता है, सांस रोग को दूर करता, खांसी को नष्ट करता व कफ दूर करता है। यह छाती की खरखराहट और फेफड़ों के जख्मों को खत्म करता है। इसका प्रयोग जहर को उतारने के लिए भी किया जाता है विशेषकर गर्म मिजाज वालों व्यक्ति के जहर को। पेशाब की जलन, मासिकस्राव का कम आना, हाथ-पैरों की जलन, सिर की जलन, खुश्की, अधिक प्यास लगना आदि रोग ठीक होते हैं।
गोंद कतीरा के फायदे –
कमजोरी और थकान दूर करे-
थकान, कमजोरी, गर्मी की वजह से चक्कर आना, उल्टी और माइग्रेन जैसी समस्याओं में भी गोद कतीरा काफी फायदेमंद होता है। नियमित रूप से प्रात: आधा गिलास दूध में कतीरा गोंद कूटकर डालें और मिश्री डालकर सेवन करें। पित्ती ठीक हो जायेगी।
रक्त की समस्या दूर करे-
गोंद कतीरा में भरपूर मात्रा में प्रोटीन और फॉलिक एसिड जैसे पोषक तत्व पाएं जाते है। गोंद कतीरा शरीर के खून को गाढ़ा करता है। 10 से 20 ग्राम गोंद कतीरा रात को पानी में भिगो दें और सुबह उसी पानी में मिश्री मिलाकर शर्बत बनाकर सेवन करें। इससे रक्त प्रदर दूर होता है।
सिर का दर्द-
लगभग 4 ग्राम मेंहदी के फूल और लगभग 3 ग्राम कतीरा को मिट्टी के बर्तन में भिगोकर रख दें और सुबह मिश्री के साथ पीस कर पीएं। इससे सिर दर्द के अलावा जलन और सिर के बालों का झड़ना भी बंद होता है।
2 भाग कतीरा और 2 भाग नानख्वा को बारीक पीसकर धनिये के पत्तों के रस में मिलाकर प्रतिदिन गले पर लेप करने से कंठमाला (गले की गांठ) में आराम मिलता है।
लगभग 10 से 20 ग्राम कतीरा को पानी में फुला लें और फिर इसे मिश्री मिले शर्बत में मिलाकर सुबह-शाम पीएं। इससे गले के रोगों में पूरा लाभ मिलता है।
गर्मी व जलन से छुट्टी-
अगर आपके हाथ-पैरों में जलन की समस्या हो तो 2 चम्मच कतीरा को रात को सोने से पहले 1 गिलास पानी में भिगों दें। सुबह कतीरा के फूल जाने इसको शक्कर के साथ मिलाकर रोजाना खाने से हाथों और पैरों की जलन दूर हो जाती है। अगर शरीर अधिक गर्म महसूस हो तो कतीरा को पानी में भिगोकर मिश्री मिले शर्बत के साथ घोटकर सुबह-शाम सेवन करें। इससे शरीर की गर्मी दूर होती है। इसके सेवन करने से गर्मियों में लू से बचा जा सकता है।
स्त्री रोग मे फायदेमंद-
कतीरा गोंद का सेवन महिलाओं की समस्याए जैसे बच्चा होने के बाद की कमजोरी,माहवारी की गड़बड़ी या ल्यूकोरिया आदि की समस्या को ठीक करता है। यह कमजोरी और उसके कारण होने वाली शारीरिक अनियमिताओं को ठीक करता है। गोंद कतीरा तथा मिश्र को बराबर की मात्रा में मिलाकर पीस लें और 2 चम्मच की मात्रा में कच्चे दूध के साथ सेवन करें |
टांसिल की समस्या
अगर आपको बार बार टांसिल की समस्या हो जाती है तो 2 भाग कतीरा और 2 भाग नानख्वा को बारीक पीसकर धनिये के पत्तों के रस में मिलाकर रोजाना गले पर लेप करने से आराम मिलता है। लगभग 10 से 20 ग्राम कतीरा को पानी में फुला लें और फिर इसे मिश्री मिले शर्बत में मिलाकर सुबह-शाम पीएं। इससे गले के रोगों में पूरा लाभ मिलेगा |
पैरों की जलन-
गोंद कतीरा रात को एक गिलास पानी में भिगोकर रख दें और सुबह इसमें चीनी मिलाकर सेवन करें। इससे हाथों-पैरों की जलन दूर होती है। इसका प्रयोग गर्मियों में बहुत ही लाभदायक है।
स्वप्नदोष के लिए, करीब ६ ग्राम गोंद कतीरा, रात को एक कप पानी में भिगा दी जाती है। रात भर में यह गोंद फूल जाता है जिसमे मिश्री १२ ग्राम मिलाकर खाया जाता है। १०-१५ दिन तक इसके सेवन से स्वप्न दोष में लाभ होता है।
10 ग्राम से 20 ग्राम गोंद कतीरा सुबह शाम फुलाकर मिश्री के साथ शर्बत घोटकर पीने से मूत्ररोग में लाभ मिलता है।
I am 25 years old girl. I have a PCOD problem I take metformin tablet from 2013 but no improvement. My right and left ovary size is 11 cc and 12.5 cc. What can I do? Is that any permanent solution.
Sedentary lifestyle? welcome sex problems with open arms
Modern lifestyle has led to a sedentary lifestyle, which has already made way for several health problems. While problems like cervical, back and neck pain, diabetes, blood pressure, cancer, heart ailments etc are some of the most common, sex problems are also on a continuous rise due to this lethargic way of living.
The sedentary lifestyle that most young couples live has restricted their physical movement to almost nil and thus making them so sluggish that they just don't feel like performing the sexual act with much enthusiasm. As a result, they can suffer from sex problems like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
The main reason behind this sedentary lifestyle and subsequent sex problems is the working conditions. Young professionals usually spend most of their hours at workplace either sitting or doing least amount of legwork.
Here are some easy clues to let you know if you are also a victim of this sedentary lifestyle. Take a note of these and make sure you do not let them hinder your sexual pleasure...
1. Seating stress: if you continue to sit in one posture throughout the day, you end up taking the undue strain on your back. Either your back position is too erect or it bends a little too much. This may put you at a risk of having some spine troubles, which would further cause sex problems. As spine muscles are used to a large extent while having sex, such a lifestyle would never allow you to enjoy an interrupted pleasure. Those who suffer from such spinal and back problems would, in most cases, end up getting up in between the sexual act and hence leaving their partner unsatisfied in bed.
2. Exercise exertion: it's believed that walking few minutes and leading an active lifestyle and exercising our pelvic muscles is beneficial for sex. Lack of this exercise may lead to sexual problems like infertility or impotency. It has been medically proved that there has to be a proper exercise routine not only for your body but for your sexual organs too
3. Thinking tension: with a continuous concentration on your work and other career related anxieties, this will lead to your sexual senses failing to get aroused easily and thus you may not feel emotionally and physically attached to your partner. Also, when you cannot focus on your sexual performance, sex problem like erectile dysfunction (not getting a proper erection) is sure to harm you.
4. Physical pressure: as you remain deskbound and do not get involved in much of moving, your lower body, especially legs become very slothful and you would find it tough taking any pressure while performing sex as well. In such cases, you fail to experiment much with sex positions, as you cannot move your leg freely fearing some pain or strain and thus sexual problems like premature ejaculation can ruin your sexual performance. Due to this sedentary lifestyle, you keep sitting on the chair most of the hours during the day and this leads to a low physical stamina, which shows its adverse effects while you are performing sex.
5. Weight woes: weight gain is the foremost consequence of living a sedentary lifestyle. As you remain inactive for more than required time, you tend to put on extra weight and even become obese in extreme cases. Under such circumstances, you are more prone to developing sex problems and an overweight person anyways also finds it uncomfortable to perform in bed with ease. Imagine with your weight troubling you already, you would never want to bear that additional weight of your partner, so your sexual relationship can go for a toss.
6. Bad blood circulation: do not forget that more you walk and get yourself involved in physical activities, better would be your blood flow in the body. But as modern individuals have to cope up with their professional and academic preferences, they get very less time to focus on any outdoor activities and they don't indulge much in the legwork. As a result, there is a lack of blood circulation in the entire body. Even the blood that is circulated to the sex organs is not proper, hence chances are high that you face problems while erection or intercourse.
7. Cardiac crisis: lack of physical stamina leads to lack of blood circulation, which further leads to cardiac problems and they can, in turn, make way for several sex problems and vice versa. So this is a vicious cycle and the ignition point for all these problems is your lifestyle, which is less of moving and more sedentary. Also, you often fail to understand the reasons behind sudden heart problems, minor heart attacks, and chest pains but it's important that you should know that it's your sluggish lifestyle which may be leading to all these cardiac problems.
Therefore, I suggest you immediately change your lifestyle pattern and incorporate a regime of exercise in your daily life and reap the benefits not only in your day to day life but energize your sexual energy too
Exposure to air pollutants arising from coal burning vehicle exhaust airborne dust and dirt can increase the risk of developing high blood pressure warns a Study.
Air pollution can lead to inflammation and oxidative stress causing changes in the arteries.high blood pressure has been identified as a major risk factor for Cardio vascular disease and stroke
I and my wife are trying for baby for last 8 months but she is not getting pregnant, what should we do for she can get pregnant?
I am 21 years old. I am suffering from irregular periods since my mature. I have periods once in 3-4 months and whenever period comes blood flow is too heavy and it lasts for 10 -15 days. I tested for thyroid profile and it is normal. I even got scan of my abdomen and it is normal. My blood pressure is normal. Can you please suggest some medicines so that my period is regular and not overflow. Please suggest medicines so that I can have normal flow through out my period.
Hello Doctor! My Ivf donor egg process has been delayed I was on oral g pill I took it for 8 days and then I suddenly fell ill. I was admitted in hospital for typhoid and high bp which had gone to 190. I missed 4 days tablet. I am back home now but have lot of weakness. So what next can be done. I did call my hospital to inform abt same they told me to take some tablet monticope for 10 days then meet them on second day of periods. Is it necessary to take this tablet or I will get periods on time. Can Bp patients also go for Ivf donor egg process.
I am a pcod patient, I saw on internet that dairy products doesn't go well with pcod . Is that really true. Should I give up dairy products. Thanx.
I have rashes and infection in my vagina due to which I feel so much pain and irritation in my vagina during sex. Please suggest me some medicine.
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Quick-fix Detox Drinks That Will Do Damage Control