Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NateshYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I have too much sensitivity in my teeth, I can't even easily drink water at room temperature as I experience a sharp and sudden pain in my teeth and gums. I have had some considerable sensitivity right since childhood, but it got worse since last month I just got 4 cement and a silver filling in my molars. I consulted my dentist about this, and I've used both sensodine and thermoseal toothpastes, but unfortunately in my case they don't seem to work. Please suggest some good techniques or treatments (preferably natural) that actually work as I'm not able to enjoy much of cold or hot food anymore. Thank you in advance.
Dental Problem : I get Dental checkup done regularly. But soon after drinking Hot Milk to my taste I feel my whole mouth taste gets bad and bad breath starts.
I am suffering from teeth problem my lower teeth is formed hole which is very pain what I have to do.
My front facing teeth are little big so I want reduce size of my teeth so it possible that my teeth can be smaller than they are now? And what will be the charge for it?
My teeth appear so yellowish. Even brushing of my teeth looks yellow. How can it will be remove nd make it whitish.
My 3 teeth have cavity they are half broken half inside, i want to take them off and get new one implanted . is it possible?.
Can you suggest some ways for protecting the tooth from decaying? I mean. Some natural methods for reversing the tooth conditions. (Some traits of tooth decaying is been found. A small black spot on the top of my lower right penultimate interior teeth.)
I am not a user of any bad things like tabacoo or cigreet that also my teeth are yellowish. What can I do to make it white.
Sir mere dant ke jaad me kida laga hai . Jiske karan mai roti nahi chba pata or bolte time bhi lagte hai. Koi tips bataye jise vapis aa jaye.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.