Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. NasifYour feedback matters!
Mere dant me kafi dino se dard h. Jab me khana khata hun to left side ki daar bahut dard karti h. Mene ek doctor ko dikhaya tha lekin koi aaram nahi wo keh rahe the ki dant sad gaya h please mujhe solutions bataiye.
Good oral hygiene involves:-
1. Brushing your teeth for two to three minutes twice a day (in the morning and at night), preferably with an electric toothbrush
2. Using toothpaste that contains fluoride (fluoride is a natural mineral that helps protect against tooth decay)
3. Flossing your teeth regularly (preferably daily)
4. Not smoking
5. Regularly visiting your dentist (at least once every one to two years, but more frequently if necessary)
Mouth ulcers are coming every month and remain for minimum 2 week once come. Generally gap between their arrival is 15 days.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.
Hi I am 28 yrs old male and I have a pain in my left gum ( mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do?
Hello doctor I am 28 year old I have blooding problem when I brushed my teeth & also feel senstivity. I chew tobacco from last 3-4 year I want to quite tobacco but I cant. So please suggest me any paste or any thing else which help me in quiting tobacco.
My tooth is paining very badly I have taken bruffen600 as there is no dentist near by my residence so is it risky?
- Firstly brush twice daily by using soft or ultrasoft brush.
- Brush in vertical motion, but not in horizontal motion. Don't apply pressure while brushing your teeth.
- After brushing use mouth wash in diluted form (1: 1). Don't use tooth pick to remove the food that gets lodged in between the teeth. Use interdental brush to remove the food stuck in between your teeth. After having food gargle nicely with normal water. Keep your teeth and mouth clean.