Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nandha KumarYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic, taking glyciphage-500 mg. Yesterday I undergone lipid and hba1c tests. The levels are as follows. 1) hba1c-6.00% 2) s. Cholesterol -201 mgs/dl 3) s. Triglycerides-140 mgs/dl 4) hdl-36 mgs/dl 5) ldl-137 mgs/dl 6) vldl-28 mgs/dl shall I start medicines for cholesterol or any tips to control these levels. Since last two year these levels are maintained. Regards.
I am suffering from low blood pressure, can you please explain me why this happens abd hiw can I prevent this?
I am 24 years girl. Suddenly my heart beats in creases and feel very fear. As in something is going wrong. Please suggest advice for such sytoms.
What to do to maintain our body? What should do to been smart health? What to do for heart patient? If poison goes on our body what to do to stop it? How to be well healthy ?
I had heart attacks in 2000 and 2008. Now on medical management, using diabetic medicines amaryl2, janumet50/1000, ecosprin 75, seloken xl50, telvas half of 40 mg. Rozvat20. I used to drink 180 ml alcohol daily. Three months ago 2 d echo showed heart pumping is weak 30%. I stopped alcohol. Morning walking 30mts. Bp is normal. My task is to improve pumping. My age is 63. All other reports are ok. Shal I include any other medicines or .how increase Pumping. Sometimes I feel missing pulse.
I am 66 years old sr citizen. My blood pressure remains 120/85 and taking Losium50 one tablet daily. However now a days my BP shoot up to 150/95. What precaution should I take so that BP remains as above viz 120/85.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Hi age is 39 years and my BP is 170/100. I do regular exercise. Should I take BP medicine regular. BP remains at this level oftenly. Pls suggest. It's a serious sign.
But if your bp is low the same helps you instantly.
About 6 months ago 1 was moving a quantity of asbestos sheets without any protection, and that night I coughed a lot and felt irritation on my chest. This has persisted ever since. I would appreciate it if you could advise me what to do.
How much angiography cost @dehradun and how much time needed for that .precautions to be taken for that test.
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to the entire body through a network of arteries and veins. This network contains big vessels which branch out further to supply blood to the distant organs. There is, therefore, some pressure that the heart and thereby the vessels need to exert to push the blood through these vessels. This is known as blood pressure, and normal pressure levels range from 90-140(systolic)/60-90(diastolic) mm of Hg. However, due to various reasons, this pressure could be more, which is one of the first signs of heart disease.
Causes of increased blood pressure:
- Thickening of the blood vessels. With age, the elastic blood vessels naturally turn rigid and less elastic, so there is more pressure required to push blood. It is natural for people over 55 years of age to have higher readings of blood pressure. This is known as primary hypertension (HTN)
- Narrowed blood vessels. This happens due to cholesterol accumulation along the walls of the blood vessels. Faulty dietary habits along with sedentary lifestyle have increased the incidence of hypertension due to this condition, known as atherosclerosis. Critical atherosclerotic narrowing of renal arteries lead to renovascular HTN that is one of the commonest of secondary HTN.
Other Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Congenital heart defects
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Adrenal gland tumours
- Chronic use of medications like birth control pills, pain killers, etc.
Unidentified and uncontrolled hypertension can be silent and can lead to more severe conditions like heart attack and stroke. India is fast becoming the new hypertension capital of the world. Some of the common risk factors are:
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive salt intake
- Stress levels
- Ethnic background
- Hypertension can go undetected for years together, but if there are risk factors like diabetes and high cholesterol, it is advisable to periodically monitor blood pressure.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, and shortness of breath should not be ignored. These can be the first warning signs of hypertension, and if detected early, preventive measures can be taken.
- If there are co-morbid risk factors, it is advisable to constantly keep a check on BP readings.
This includes a combination of diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Of the many wonders quitting smoking can do, reducing BP readings is just one. The improvement would be almost instantaneous. Quit or else reduce alcohol and see dramatic improvements.
- Weight management: Through a combination of diet and exercise, ensure that weight is brought under control. Set a target BMI (Below 26 kg/m2) and work towards it religiously.
- Diet: Reduce salt, increase potassium, increase vitamin D, eat a heart-healthy diet, and see the hypertension readings improve. Please find attached and reviewed copy for health tip for posting