Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. NageshwariYour feedback matters!
I am facing problem in my throat from last 10 years. The problem is tonsil. Should I remove it by operation or prescribe any medicine. Kindly help me sir.
Hello I am suffering from throat problems for few years. Always thought is swells always feels there is something in through. Cough issues nose are almost blocked all the time.
It's been 3 days I have a difficulty in breathing and I have blocked nose and throat pain what should I do?
I've been experiencing momentary blindness when I get up after resting for a while. The blindness is there for just 10 to 15 seconds and after that my ears start ringing.
Hi Doctor, i am having Synos problem from past 3 year, and due to which i am getting repeatedly throat pain, and some time some gel kind of thing from my upper throat.. Kindly give me your valuable consultation.
I am 40 years old female there are some wounds in my throat and upper side of mouth. It is very painful when taking food. Already I am suffering from acidity. Took the following medicines but not cured. 1. Supradyn tablets 2. Opta-d tablets 3. Caramicide oral liquid.
Doctor, I am 56 years of age, non smoker. I am having chronic sinus problem with regular nasal discharge and bad breath. Also I have whistling sound while exhaling. Kindly advice action.
I hav problem during swallowing of saliva like something small object is stuck in the right side of the throat and when I cough a little particle like a half size of rice grain comes out which is yellow in colour and awful in smell. I need advice from experts. But last time when I counsel a doctor he says its beginning of a tonsils.
If you hear a constant ringing in your ears without any external stimulus, it is called tinnitus. The sound can also manifest as incessant roaring, hissing, buzzing or clicking. The sound can be loud or soft, low or high pitched. Tinnitus can occur in one ear, or both the ears.
Tinnitus is primarily of two types:
- Subjective tinnitus: This type of tinnitus is very common. In this type, only you are able to hear the ringing, or buzzing. The main cause of subjective tinnitus is ear problems, especially in the inner, middle and outer ear. Problems in the auditory nerves (hearing) or auditory pathways (the part in your brain that changes nerve signals into sound) can also cause subjective tinnitus.
- Objective tinnitus: In this type of tinnitus, the doctor can also hear the sound when he/she performs an examination. This type of tinnitus is rare. Muscles contractions, problems in the blood vessels or conditions in the middle ear bone can cause objective tinnitus.
Tinnitus is not a condition; it is more of a symptom of some other underlying medical condition. Tinnitus can be caused by any of the following complications-
- Hearing loss (This happens mostly among older people)
- Loud noises
- Sinus and ear infections
- Blood vessel or heart problems
- Meniere's disease (The inner ear is affected by unknown causes which lead to deafness)
- Brain tumours
- Hormonal changes(This happens mostly to women)
- Thyroid problem
- Certain medications (antibiotics, cancer medicines, diuretics, quinine medication, some types of antidepressants, aspirin)
The symptoms of tinnitus include
- You hear noises that no one else will be able to hear
- The sound can be depicted as chirping, whistling, screeching, clicking, static, hissing, buzzing, roaring, pulsing, musical or whooshing.
- The sounds can vary greatly in volume and it is most prominent at night or when your surroundings are quiet
- Loss of hearing commonly follows tinnitus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.