Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.SekarYour feedback matters!
Do you have a permanent tattoo which you want to remove because of certain circumstances? According to studies, almost 50% of people with tattoos in the US want to have their tattoos removed via the laser tattoo removal technique.
This tattoo removal technique eliminates your tattoo without having much side effects. In the procedure, lasers are used to remove your tattoo by breaking up the pigment colours of the tattoo, using a high-intensity beam of light. Black tattoo pigment absorbs all the laser wavelengths and is easiest to remove, while other colours can be removed by using certain selected lasers.
Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure-
The number of treatments or sessions you require depends on the colour and size of your tattoo. It may take about two to four sessions in the case of normal tattoos, while for those having large tattoos; it may take more than 10 sessions to get the tattoo removed. A consultation session with a trained professional is required to help you in evaluating your situation and whether you should go ahead with the procedure.
The laser treatment varies from person to person and depends on factors such as age, size and type of the tattoo. The patient’s skin colour and depth to which the tattoo pigment extends also affects the removal process.
Here are the steps involved in a laser tattoo removal process:
Protected eye shields are placed on you.
Your skin’s reaction to the laser is tested for determining the amount of energy to be used.
A handpiece is placed again on your skin surface, which activates the laser light. This process is extremely painful to undergo.
Small tattoos require less pulses while large tattoos require much more. After every session, your tattoo tends to get lighter, progressively.
Right after a treatment session, an ice pack is applied to your skin to soothe the areas treated. You will have to apply a topical antibiotic ointment and a bandage is used to protect the treated skin region. You must cover the area using a sunblock whenever you go out in between the treatment sessions.
In some cases, local anesthesia is used during the treatment procedure.
Because of modern-day technology, laser tattoo removal is now a common thing undertaken by many who want to get rid of their unwanted tattoos. The procedure is safer than the traditional tattoo removal methods like excision, salabrasion and dermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I m 21. Male. My color is fair but my hidden parts and their surrounding area are dark. What should I do to whiten them.
My skin colour was fairy white but now it became brown. How to overcome my face brightness and fairy skin colour? please help me.
Sir, I have small infection on my face, I have used some antiments but doesn't cure. So please help me to cure dis.
Below my eyes dark spot is increasing what should I do for this. Any suggestions and medicated cream to apply please tell me.
Hai sir/madam. I am Shahid from Vijayawada Andhra pradesh. Actually I have an serious issue, tan marks which are not going to leave me. And I am going to marry in coming two months I feel very embarrassing. Where my color inside of my clothes is white and outside is dark brown. And 2 years before I met with an accident with which a scar has been formed on my nose which is nearly 2 inches long is there any permanent treatment for the above mentioned problems.
My another question is my face is color black any coldcreem tell me my face is clean thank you pls hell me I agry your answer.
Hello doctor, I visited the doctor ,he advice you suffer melasma and advice me to take capsule for gluvcell for 500 mg and take carelite lotion /cream and melano-tx and also suggested chemical peels for 500 per sitting .he reduce 40 % but you take pigmentation treatment to reduce 70%is per sitting is 1200 and if you take cosmetic surgery to reduce all the black rashes on the face. Please what I do. Am not full sure to take this doctor treatment. Is just formality not treated well.
I need help with my lips. There is black color around my lips. How do I get rid off them lastly? Please let me know if there is any treatment so that I can get treated. Lips are in some pink or red color but around them I have a black color. Upper lip is not as pink as lower. It's some black. Please help me.
I was suffering from Lichenoid skin disorder. Alcohol seems to the reason. For past five years problem was there. Now it is ok. I was prescribed anticlerical tablets. What is this Lichenoid skin disorder?
The skin is a major organ. It protects the human body from coming in contact with germs, infections and microbes; it helps you feel sensations and also adjusts your body temperature. Keeping in mind the range of functions performed by this organ, you should take good care of it.
A healthy diet and a few healthy habits can give an extra edge to your skin. Try to know about these seven fruits that successfully improve your skin.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice can work wonders for your skin. It can heal lines and freckles on being used regularly. The fruit contains polyphenols that counter free radicals and increase blood flow. It makes your skin healthy through detoxification. Pomegranates can prevent as well as treat skin damages caused by ultraviolet rays of the sun. The peel of the fruit is used along with seed oil, encourages cell growth and hinders wrinkles naturally. It averts enzymes, which break down collagen and make your skin look younger.
- Bananas: Whether you like the taste of it or not, care to include this fruit in your beauty regime for its many benefits. It contains amino acids that are known to increase your skin elasticity. The fruit also contains Zinc and Potassium. While Zinc fights against bacterial infection and prevents Acne, Potassium hydrates a dehydrated skin. Do not throw away banana skins; the inside of a banana skin when rubbed on your face can make it glow.
- Watermelon: This juicy, refreshing fruit refreshes your skin as well. It contains astringent that can naturally tone your skin. It revitalizes dull and boring skin. When you return home after a tiring day, it is best to cleanse your face with a refrigerated slice of this fruit. The red fruit controls signs of aging because of its carotene content. It is also known to prevent blisters on your skin when applied on a regular basis.
- Papaya: Pigmentation is a serious problem that many of us suffer from. Treating the problem through medication works but daily skin care is also needed. Mashed papaya helps in smoothening rough skin. It makes your skin really supple. Many tend to develop wrinkles at an early age. This hampers confidence as you are constantly worried about the way you look. Applying papaya masks can actually control wrinkles.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is known to contain Omega- 3 fatty acids; these acids defend your skin from germs. They prevent you from horrible skin infections. However, the fruit prevents your skin from sagging. It is rich in Vitamin C, which again helps in producing collagen. Kiwi checks the levels of sebum excretion reducing the chances of having a sticky face.
- Oranges: If you are tired of the blackheads on your skin, you have a home remedy to deal with it. Oranges are brilliant in extracting blackheads. Orange juice is also known to lighten one's skin tone. It reduces blemishes and treats acne. Consuming the fruit or its juice regularly can give you a radiant skin.
- Apples: You should wholeheartedly believe in the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Apples are good for your skin as they have a BLT effect. Apples brighten and lighten your skin. They provide protection against tanning. The fruit acts effectively on your skin by doing away with the pathogens and excess oils.
Related Tip: "Risks and Treatment of Dry Skin"
I am 25 years old, and my complexion is somewhat dark and my engagement if after 1 month. I think make up will not suit on me it will make me darker. What should I do. Should I need any pre facial or somewhat else. Or how much time I should take facial before engagement. My skin is mix type some dry and somewhere oily.
I have used kz cream for itching near my private parts. The itching problem is solved by using this cream. However the skin where itching occurred has turned dark in complexion and rough & dry. How can I get the skin in that area restored back to the normal condition.
I have rash skin in foot. From lot of walking. Will the redness go over time or I have to put some ointment?
I am suffering from bad eye dark circle s I have tried everything please tell me how can I get rid from them as soon as possible.
As winter approaches, most people notice their skin turning dry and scaly. This can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable and can cause itchiness that may even be accompanied by bleeding. Dry skin is caused by a loss of moisture. Here are a few tips to help deal with dry skin.
Moisturize- To make up for the lack of moisture in the air, religiously apply moisturiser over your skin after having a shower. This helps hydrate the skin and keeps the moisture in your skin from escaping.
Right Moisturiser- In most cases, creams work better than lotions when dealing with dry skin. Creams that contain natural oils such as olive oil or jojoba oil work well to deep moisturise dry skin. Other ingredients your skin cream should contain are lactic acid, urea, lanolin, petrolatum, hyaluronic acid etc.
Shower Wisely- Limit your showers to a maximum of 10 minutes and try to use warm water instead of hot water. Though standing under a hot shower may feel good at the moment, it rids the skin of its natural oils and hence dries the skin.
Use Gentle Soaps- A cream-based soap that is fragrance-free is great for dry skin. This soothes the skin and moisturises as it cleanses.
Protect Your Skin- Limit your skin’s exposure to natural elements in the winter. If you must step out, clad yourself well and be sure to put on a pair of gloves and socks. Limit tasks that need you to wet your hands.
Shave Smartly- Shaving not only removes unwanted hair but can also irritate the skin. The ideal time to shave is after a shower as this is when your hair is most pliable. Also, always use a sharp, clean blade and shaving cream or gel to protect your skin.
Get a Humidifier- A humidifier can help regulate humidity levels within your house. However, excessive humidity is not good either as it can also adversely affect your skin.
Apply Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that make up for the loss of moisture in the skin. The ideal time to apply coconut oil on the dry skin is before going to bed or after having a bath.
Be careful about laundry detergents- The soap being used to wash your clothes may not always be completely washed off. This can irritate sensitive skin and cause itchiness and flaking. When choosing laundry detergents pick one that is hypoallergenic.
- Wear fabrics that love your skin- Avoid synthetic fabrics that stick to the skin and instead, pick gentle fabrics like cotton or silk that allow the skin to breathe.