Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.AshokYour feedback matters!
My body shape is good, but i want more growth in my body like chest and muscles etc, please tell me what should i do? please advice.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
i am Facing chikungunya after effects. Leg pain. Weakness. Less mobility at joints. Sluggishness. Loss of smooth walking gait. Please suggest remedy
I have been suffering by a back pain during study hours. Is there any remedy or any kind of exercise to get rid of this.
My mother has some pain at her knees that too left one [she is 55 years old] when pain killer taken she feel a little relief or else she suffer a lot what I should do?
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 6 months, and I suffers weakness in whole body. What should I do ?
My mother age is 45 years. She is feeling pain at ribs. This pain is taking to back and it is so heavy. She don't have BP or Sugar. She don't smoke or drink. What is the problem exactly. Where should we consult ?
I visited a hill station 2 month back. There I felt dizziness (ghamer in head) and that continue till date. Please suggest some ayurvedic medicine or other.
I am 42 years old I'm suffering from severe back ache since from 3 months, pl. Tell me what can I do for that.
Stress fractures are small cracks that may appear in a bone. It occurs due to repetitive application of force in the same area. It is very common among various sports such as running, tennis and football. It may also occur due to osteoporosis as this disorder weakens the bones and allows stress fractures to occur easily.
The majority of stress fractures occur due to overuse of a specific muscle. The bones and the muscles used in a specific movement do not get time to recover, thus leading to stress fracture.
Causes: The major cause of stress fracture is change in physical activity, such as a sudden increase in exercise. The other factors that may lead to stress fracture are -
- Poor conditioning: If you are starting an exercise regimen without proper preparation, then it may cause stress on the muscles. It is important that you condition your body before doing any intense activity to prevent injuries.
- Bone insufficiency: Various disorders such as osteoporosis reduces bone strength and increases the likelihood of a stress fracture. If you have low bone density then you are at a higher risk of having stress fractures.
- Change in surface: Change in surface like shifting from running on grass to road tends to cause more stress on the legs, thus increasing the likelihood of a fracture.
- Improper form: Performing any exercise with improper form may lead to a number of injuries. It is recommended to learn the correct technique before exercising, so you may use a spotter or a trainer to guide you.
The symptoms of a stress fracture are:
- Pain: You may experience dull to severe pain if you have stress fractures. The severity of pain will depend on the severity of the fracture.
- Swelling: Pain may be accompanied by swelling on the sides and the top of the foot.
- Tenderness: Stress fractures may cause tenderness in the muscles around the affected area.