Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MuruganYour feedback matters!
My child is 3 1/2 years old. He suffers from constipation past two weeks. Once in 3 days he passes stools. The stools are harder larger and Dry. It's painful too. What shall I do doctor? Can this be cured soon? Pleasee help.
My 11 month old son will keep on getting up at nights he won't sleep well even in morning afternoon . Because of that I am not having proper sleep. And I feel very tired. I have back pain too. For me c section. I feed him well. Will change diapers at nights. All perfect. Pls help doctor's.
Hello docs. My new born baby is caught in cold. What can I do. Any treatment. She is 1 month and 5 days old. Kindly reply with all available options. Pls.
My baby is 3 years old. She suck her thumb before n after sleep. How can we forget her habit. We already tried many things to remove this habit.
Sir, my daughter aged 5, taking Dr. Mercola multivitamin for children, which contains 2000 iu of vitamin d3, is it safe for my daughter, as she is india, Dr. Mercola says it is safe, please guide me. Thanks.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated for the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
Breastfeeding up to two years of age or beyond is based on the fact that breast milk is a [key organic source of DHA (Omega fatty acids), vitamin A, calcium and proteins and provides protection against infectious agents].
In 2008 the American Academy of Family Physicians said this in their [position paper]:
> It has been estimated that a natural weaning age for humans is between
> two and seven years. Family physicians should be knowledgeable
> regarding the ongoing benefits to the child of extended breastfeeding,
> including continued immune protection, better social adjustment and
> having a sustainable food source in times of emergency. The longer
> women breastfeed, the greater the decrease in their risk of breast
> cancer. There is no evidence that extended breastfeeding is harmful to
> mother or child.
[Many scientific studies prove] the point that longer breastfeeding [enhances the
neurodevelopment of infants] and their intellectual and scholastic ability in later life. **from one of these studies increase in the IQ by breastfeeding is directly related to the duration of breastfeeding**. These benefits are strongest for the infants of low birth weight on breastmilk feeding. It is found that Poor who are more likely to
enter into child malnutrition are more likely to benefit from enhanced optimal breastfeeding
longer breastfeeding promotes suppression of [following Diseases and benefits to the infant] :
- Enhanced stereoscopic vision
- Neuromotor development
- Lower chances of obesity in Adult life
- [Increase in height]
- suppression of gastrointestinal and respiratory infectious morbidity
- suppression of atopic eczema
- suppression of asthma
[Benefits for the Mother]:
- [Weight loss]
- lower chances of breast cancer
- lower chances of premenopausal ovarian cancer
- suppression of hypertension
- suppression of type 2 diabetes
- suppression of myocardial infarction (heart attack).
**WHO recommends that breastfeeding should continue for two years or more without accurately establishing a maximum duration for breastfeeding.In addition, there is insufficient evidence on the advantages and disadvantages of continuing breastfeeding after two years.**
[It is unfortunate that about many mothers are unable to breast feed even upto 1 year]. This may be because We’ve sexualized the breast so much that people have forgotten breasts are for breast-feeding. There is A [Harvard Study which looks at both health AND cost outcomes for U.S. mothers] if they were to breastfeed for 1 year.The study found that if 90% of mothers breastfed, U.S. women would significantly lower their risk of heart attack, breast cancer, and hypertension. On a macro level, further investment in lactation support for moms could prevent $17.4 billion in maternal health costs.
Many mothers have shared [positive Experiences of extended breastfeeding in this article]
My Both Babies get Cold and Cough very Regularly. I am Using some medicine but not getting permanent solution.
I have just delivered a baby 8 days back I have started breastfeeding her but I have cracked and bleeding nipples. They are very painful also. Kindly help.
You can continue breast feeding till 2 yr of age but after 6 month of age you can add supplementary food in addition to breast milk..
1) rice water. Dal water
3) fresh fruit juices
4) fresh vegetable soup
5)pasteurized top milk
Consistency of above mention food should be liquid initially and then gradually switch over to semi solids as age advances..
Give with spoon & bowel..
Bottle feeding must be stopped..
??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ??, ?? ??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??,
?? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?? ????? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?????? |
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hii. My baby born on April 1. I am using lactogen for feeding. He is not feeding my milk. How my hours does the powder milk can keep and give powder milk to my son.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.