Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I have a girl Baby of 1 year and 6 month old. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. Her weight is about 7 kg .She is very lean and thin. She does not like to eat sweet food. Please help me how can I care her complexion and her growth and weight. Provide me a proper guide of meal and its quantity to be given to the baby so that her complexion and her growth can be improved.
Hai last Saturday I putted sixth week vaccination to my kid. After that he not taking milk properly. Now he doesn't have fever. Kindly advice wat to do to take the milk properly.
My baby girl is eight months old, yesterday night she was crying fully and today I can see a discharge in her left ear like pus, and she cries touching ear and when eating and when trying to sleep.
Is their any possibility for normal delivery if the baby weight is 4.5 kgs. My mother-in-law is saying that her daughter gave birth to 4.5 kgs baby during delivery and it is a normal delivery. Is it possible?
My daughter vitamin d was 9. Then she took 5 calcicoral pouches regularly and then she took 4 pouches once a week for month. After that she tested her vitmin d she had 25. 9. And now dr. Recommended architol injection 6 lkh unit. So it is safe or I continue with calcicoral. Last year also she had taken pouches but not completed course. Her weight is 25. 5and height is 133 cm. She is 10 years old
My baby is 7 months old. Last week there was pulse polio campaign by govn and unfortunately was not in town and could not give the same to my baby. Now it is not available in any hospital, will this affect my child in future.
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.