Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Moulindu PaulYour feedback matters!
I have a lazy eye due to weak eye sight that's why am using patanjali drishty eye drops can I use I lite capsules too along with drishti or it may cause any harm plzz reply thnx.
hi doc,my right eye lid has 2 growing white spots (nose side).what dose that indicate?cure for that pl,
As per schedule I take 1gm metformin hydrochloride after dinner as per prescription for diabetes control. I finished my dinner at 7 PM and took 1 tab of 1 mg metformin hydrochloride and by mistake took another 1 mg metformin hydrochloride tab at 8 PM. So I have consumed 2 mg in place of 1 mg of metformin hydrochloride after dinner. I am afraid this might Lower down my sugar level suddenly instantly, can it be life threatening ? .Request immediate advice please. If possible Pl. Advise
I'm taking an eye drop contains 1teaspoon of onion juice, 1teaspoon of ginger juice, 1teaspoon of lime juice and 3 teaspoon of honey. Will it improve my eyesight or not? Is it good for eyesight or not? Please reply Thank you.
My eyes hurt very badly sometimes. When I watch tv. And do studies. But my eyesight is normal. So what is the problem with my eyes?
Hi. I am doing job. During working on computer. My eyes pain start daily. I have already checked my eye sight. That's fine. Please suggest me how can I prevent my eyes pain and moreover, because of eyes pain. Dark circle also showing. please suggest something for this problem.
I have a lymph node from 6 weeks and I have pain in my eyes and sores in my mouth tongue. What is it. Please help me what I should do?
I am 64 years of age. There is no major disease. Tests reveal I am diabetic, have intruding out piles, weak eyesight and feel very worn out and tired. Please advice home treatment.
I have problem with my eye vision. It is like night blindness. Is there any cure? It is an hereditary came from my grand father. He is also suffering from the same. Please guide me as I want get rid of it. Thank you.
I have eye sight -1.2 left and -1.5 right. Can I clear my eyesight by operation or something else? If so what factors are taken to go under the operation?
My left eye is paining from last two days. I don't know the reason please suggests me something to get rid off from this problem.
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.
I am suffering from allergy. I have reddish ness in my left eyeball. And a lot of pain. I have consulted a doctor who prescribed me decomic and just tears but there is no desirable effect.
Extended wear rgp lenses can be worn continuously for 2-3 days, can correct any type of refractive error including astigmatism. In keratoconus also soft lenses are not acceptable but rgp lenses can give rewarding results. If cared for, these lenses can last for 6-7 years and there are no chances of infection. These lenses may cost rs 4000 to rs 8000/. Special lenses for keratoconus may cost more. They can be fitted only by expert ophthalmologist. Visit: web: mrj-jainerye. Com.