Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MonicaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years and I am losing hair since past 3 years due to itchy scalp and dandruff Is it telo phase? My scalp is now in good condition. Will the hairs regrow? Also the fallen hairs bent easily and seem to be brittle what nutrient is required?
Ultra sound is commonly known as sonography. It is a process of reproducing ultrasound images of soft tissues of a particular body part and other organs on the computer screen with the help of the echoes of the sound waves produced by the transducer, a high-frequency generating instrument.
Ultra sound is commonly used during the different stages of pregnancy to denote the foetal health, date of delivery, birth defects etc. However, in recent times, the ultra sound has also been associated with the diagnosis of other body parts such as the eyes, heart, gall bladder, liver, ovary, uterus, kidney, uterus, testicles, and ovaries. Ultra sound has also been useful in conducting biopsies for suspecting cancer patients, although not all of the cancers are detected by this imaging process. 3D & 4D ultrasound imaging are useful for looking at a particular body portion with much more precision and in slow motion respectively.
The advantages of ultra sound are:
1. The process of ultrasound imaging is a painless and a fast one. It does not require any insertion of needles or similar objects to denote the problems of the concerned body part.
2. The process is more convenient as compared to other similar imaging processes like MRI, mammogram and x-rays as they can capture images of the soft tissues, blood flow & cysts more clearly than the other processes.
3. The process is free of any harmful effects as there are no chances of exposure to radiation as compared to similar processes such as CT scans or X-rays. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am loosing hair quickly and I have tried all type of shampoos. Now I want your suggestion to control my hair lose.
I hav got too many pimples and dark spots on my face how should I get rid of it and make my face more glower
My mother on dylsis at 4 day interval our doctor out for few days. She has huge swelling on lower limbs. Kindly help me. Her creatinine is 6.5 blood urea 175, potassium 6, sodium 130, Hb 8.0, wbc 14500 etc.
I am 18 years old and my skin is ageing. I do not think my face skin looks as young as my age should be.
I am 21 year old man & I am having cough from 9 days and also have fever form 2days And from 2days after doing gargalling I saw some red blood clots in my cough Is this all are the symptoms of having T. B? please reply me fast.
I have a job in computer lab and I seeing some days that my weight is increase day by day And I want to reduce it please help me.
I have the problem of Premature greying of hairs at an early age of 10-12, Any possible way to sort this out?
Always make sure that you use the therapeutic hot agents when the injury is in the chronic stage. They can also be used prior to physiotherapy or exercise to decrease muscle tension and increase flexibility.
I am 29 years old male and suffering from hair loss from last one and half months. I had lost 95% of my hair and I am worried about it. So, what should I do to cure my problem?
Hi, I am 30 years old female. My hair is thin and from past few months I am experiencing hairfall. Please suggest remedy for hair growth.
Metabolism is the process of how the body converts what you eat and drink into energy. Even at rest, the body needs energy provided by calories to handle necessary functions like breathing and circulating blood. The number of calories that the body needs varies based on age, gender and body composition.
The best way to increase metabolism is to increase muscle mass through strength training. Muscle tissue burns more calories at rest than fat tissue, so by converting some fat to muscle or increasing the amount of muscle, overall metabolism increases to burn more calories throughout the day.
While dietary intervention to boost metabolism is not widely proven, there are some foods that may temporarily increase the amount of calories burned:
1. Green tea: Green tea has the best evidence that it may raise metabolic rate. Studies have shown that drinking several cups of green tea per day, which contains caffeine and catechins, can help the body use more energy. A specific antioxidant, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), has been contributed to a small rise in calorie burn.
2. Water: Your body needs water to process food and convert calories into usable energy. Therefore, dehydration leaves the body at a disadvantage and causes this process to slow down.
3. Capsaicin: This is a compound that gives spicy peppers their burning sensation, and can crank up your metabolism. Try spicier foods by adding some chili peppers to stir fry, sauce or soup.
4. Caffeine: This stimulant found in coffee and tea can increase the amount of calories your body burns, but most studies have proven this effect with very high intake (8-10 cups per day). For some people, caffeine can cause heartburn, high blood pressure, or sleep problems, so don't increase your caffeine intake if you experience these side effects.
5. Lean protein: Protein-rich foods increase satiety, which can prevent overeating. While protein foods won't specifically increase the body's metabolism, lean protein like chicken or eggs can help you feel fuller for longer.
6. Whole grains: Whole grains, like oats or barley, are high in fiber and take longer to digest, which means your metabolism works for longer to convert this food into usable energy.
Avoid crash diets or diets that are very low in calories. Eating too few calories (below 1,800/day for men or below 1,200/day for women) can cause the body to enter into starvation mode, where metabolism slows down to avoid burning through food too quickly, and you may even lose muscle mass. This makes weight loss very hard.
In the long run, adding these foods may help increase your body's resting metabolism. However, it will not provide a quick fix for losing weight. Increasing exercise will burn more calories than these foods; if your goal is weight loss, aim to eat healthy and increase exercise at the same time.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.