Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. MonicaYour feedback matters!
Dr. I have burning sensation in my right foot, shall I check for diabetes, is it possible that if I have diabetes then I can have burning sensation in one of my foot?
I am having diabetes for the last 15 years. The blood sugar levels will be around 180 fasting and 200-210 pp. I am using Allopathic medicines for sugar control. But now I am getting Abscesses very frequently. Next my erection level has come down to nil. I am not able to do sex for the last one year. Can you advise me on this problem.
I am a 49 year old female. My blood pressure is 140/82 and my cholesterol is 208 and my sugar level is 114.2 so I want to know which food is suitable for me and which is not?
. My four and a half years old son is suffering from typhoid and his Widal test shows a titre of 1: 80. He also has fever. I would like to know if this result is too high or low. How long will it take for him to get well? What diet he should take? Do I have to keep my 10 months old younger son away from him? Can he travel while suffering from typhoid?
I am suffering from pcod. Due to this I have a little hair problem on my chin on which I am taking lasik treatment now. But since it is due to pcod/ hormonal imbalance, I have been asked to take oral contraceptive tablets to control the pcod. I am taking Doris tablet for it. But will that solve my problem? After my sittings are over and I stop the medicine, will I still face hair growth problem? And are these tablets safe with no further side effects?
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a gynaecologist before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.