Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan NYour feedback matters!
How to get a better glowing skin? I always see myself up in the mirror and I feel that my skin both facial and arms are not completely hydrated, though I drink a lot of water and also I have started to see that my beards are turning red slowly slowly.
I am having very small visible pore on my face. My skin type is little oily. Now I Am in worry that as the age progresses these pores Become more prominent (visible) due to loosening of facial collagen. Now how. I can treat them so that they were not so much enlarge with age?
I have skin problems. If a mosquito bites me, the bitten area forms red circle I. E. Allergy. Any solution for this?
I am 38 years old. I keep on getting cysts in my armpits n groin area. Some tell me it is folliculitis and some say hidradenitis suppurativa. Currently I am taking chymoral forte, classmates 625 and polis at1200. What should I do as I keep getting them frequently and have to take the medicines. I hope it is not cancerous.
1. Keep it lukewarm
Winter is the time when your skin and hair need maximum attention. Though the idea of piping hot water is very tempting, stick to a lukewarm water bath every day. Make sure to use a mild non-drying soap or a moisturizing soap.
During winters, the varying temperature outdoors and indoors can have a major effect on the skin. While taking a shower, get into the habit of exfoliating with a loofah so as to remove layers of dead skin and make way for new healthy skin cells.
3. Make moisturizer your daily companion
Needless to say, choose a really good moisturizer to keep the skin moisturized and soft. Pay special attention to the exposed parts (and the most affected areas) like your hands, nails, feet and lips. Keep them well moisturized at all times. Use a lip balm to keep your lips soft and supple.
4. Sunscreen is not just for summers
Wear a sunscreen when you step out in the open. In fact, it should be a part of your daily routine throughout the year and especially during the winters. This is the time when it may seem that you don’t need protection from the sun but you really do!
5. Avoid excess use of deodorants
As you hardly tend to sweat during winter, it’s best to restrict the usage of deodorants which contain high alcohol content. These products tend to strip away the skin’s moisture leaving your skin dry. Go for alcohol-free products instead.
6. Conditioner is a must
Since you don’t sweat much in winter, don’t shampoo too often as it may dry out the scalp and hair. Use a mild shampoo and lukewarm water as very hot water can be harmful to your hair and scalp. And don’t forget the conditioner. If you want to go natural, coconut milk is an excellent conditioner.
7. Oil your hair regularly
However busy your schedule is, don’t skip the oil your hair needs. It will help regulate the blood circulation and keep your scalp moisturized.
8. Style wisely
Say no to hair dryers/ flat irons/ curl irons. These hair styling instruments work on the principle of heat, which when used during winters make matters worse. Instead use the cool setting of the dryer which though may take longer to dry but it would retain the moisture. Choose wooden hair brushes or combs instead of plastic. This is to fight the static hair caused by absence of moisture. If it fits in your schedule and budget, visit a good salon for protein treatment.
9. Cover with care
While woolen caps, scarves and stoles may make a style statement, it can also be the cause of hair breakage especially at the nape of your neck or forehead. Don’t try to be over-protective by wearing them tightly around your head. Leave sufficient space for air circulation in the scalp.
Stretch marks cannot be treated easily. Though there are many treatments that can help in the removal of stretch marks, but you got to choose the right one that suits your preference and is affordable as well. These marks need to be thoroughly diagnosed in order to detect the mark type and then only the correct treatment procedure can be chosen without any confusion. Choose the safest treatment option that can help you to get success in a natural manner.
Treatments available for removing stretch marks:
- Topical options: These options are the most favourable ones as they gives you guaranteed results. It is advised to only choose verified topical solutions, which are also some of the most prominent ones which include moisturizers, Retin-A, glycolic acid, vitamin-E oil, egg oil and several others. These solutions are to be applied directly over the targeted areas in order to get desirable results. This should be followed for at least 6 months in order to get expected results.
- Supplemental options: You can also start taking organic supplements that are highly enriched with vitamin E. These supplements are now available in form of pills that have to be taken at least twice every day. If you use oral supplements together with topical applications, the stretch marks will slowly fade in a short span of time.
- Natural options: There are many home remedies that can offer you outstanding results in treating stretch marks. Essential oils are the most highlighting examples that can cater you greater benefits in this regard. Other probable remedies are sugar, potato juice, water, aloe vera, olive oil, lemon juice, castor oil, cocoa butter, alfalfa leaves, egg whites, apricots, lemon and glycerine.
- Laser options: These options are now treated as one of the most powerful solutions that can offer speedy results. In fact, the researchers have said that these options are the most reliable and convenient of all, and they can provide immediate effects. Old stretch-marks can be well treated by laser resurfacing while the new ones can be treated by vascular laser.
- Surgical options: These options can be chosen for extreme cases. If you fail to implement post-surgical caring tips, these options may have certain side-effects. But you will get highly customized effects as a result of the same. These options are chosen only by few people as they are comparatively expensive.
Nutrition facts (for one medium sized sweet potato)
- Calories - 130
- Fat - 0.39 g
- Protein - 2.15 g
- Net carbohydrates - 31.56 g
- Dietary fiber - 3.9 g
- Calcium - 28.6 mg
- Sodium - 16.9 mg
- Potassium - 265.2 mg
- Folate - 18.2 mcg
- Vitamin c - 29.51 mg
- Vitamin a - 26081.9 iu
- Thiamine - 0.05mg
- Riboflavin - 0.3mg
- Niacin - 1.4mg
- Folic acid - 8.4mcg
- Vitamin b6 1 mg
Sweet potato is a skin saviour. Apart from the many health benefits this age old vegetable stocks in itself, it also has following skin benefits-
1. For a glow: the intensity of the sweet potato's yellow or orange flesh color that is directly correlated to its beta-carotene content which helps our bodies to produce vitamin a. When eating such sweet potatoes, include a small helping of fat such as ghee to maximize the beta-carotene.
2. Sun protection: it contains a compound called lycopene which contains large amounts of vitamins that help the skin from ultra violet damage. Consuming sweet potatoes leads to healthier skin and glowing face.
3. Wrinkle free skin: the presence of high levels of vitamin c in sweet potatoes speeds not only repairs the skin it also produces collagen to maintain our skin's elasticity. It particularly helps the skin during stress and has anti ageing properties.
4. Moisture locking: sweet potatoes add to our requirement of vitamin d, which helps in locking moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
5. Iron dosage: sweet potatoes also contain iron which we need in adequate amounts for metabolizing protein, energy, blood cell production, which in turn makes the cheeks red and skin healthy looking.
What to do if a cut mark which is about 10 months old has grown hard and swelled up. Other cut marks have settled well and only marks are left but one of the cut mark has swelled up and is hard. What has happened and what is the treatment? Should a doctor be consulted or is there some home treatment for it? Can something serious happen?
Skin care tips
- Most of the times use soap free cleansers and a good scrub so as to keep your skin moist all the time.
- An alcohol free toner is suggested as the high humidity could open up your pores (toning is usually followed after cleansing).
- Most of them stop using sunscreen once the climate turns cool, but you must continue it even if it is cloudy.
- Heavy makeup is a huge turn off in rains, better if one opts for a water- proof makeup.
- Opt for a lotion- based serum, which keeps your skin rehydrated and brightens it up.
- Avoid bleaching and facials in this season, as bleaching could do more harm for your face and facial makes your skin rough.
- Wash your lips at night and apply some milk cream. Avoid lipsticks especially the dark shaded ones. Apply coconut oil if they are slightly cracked.
- Waxing, pedicure, and manicure are always recommended to give your skin and body a toned look all the time.
- Always wash your face, hands and feet as soon as you reach your home with lukewarm water. This makes you feel refreshed and stay healthy.
- However there are different other methods based on whether the skin is oily or dry. These are the general tips that you must follow as the season begins.
Hair care tips
- Most of the times try to protect your hair from rains, but that’s something impossible as we get caught in rains at least once in a while.
- As you reach home better wash your hair with mild shampoos and let it dry.
- Always apply shampoos in a gentle manner and do not forget to use a conditioner in this season after every wash.
- At night times, massage your hair with warm coconut oil and comb your hair for the even distribution of oil on your scalp and hair.
- You can also try applying warm oil mixed with curry leaves for your hair to remain thick and black.
- Usually in this season you invite itchy scalp because of dandruff or some other reasons. For such irritating scalp applying neem oil is the best remedy.
- Replacing herbal products in place of heavy organic shampoos and conditioners to maintain the natural glossy look of the hair would be best suggestible.
- Hair coloring is not a good idea in this season as it takes very long to wash your hair and dry. Keep it as natural as possible.
- Beer is a good conditioner. Initially wash your hair with beer and after few minutes wash it off with cold water. This tip helps your hair in adding glow to your hair.
- Use of hair dryers though necessary it is better suggested if you limit its usage. Instead opt for dry towels to remove moist from your hair.