Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera BaiYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant since 3 months. May I know why I am Suffering from severe back pain and foot pain? And what should be done for the recovery?
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Our body is the greatest gift of nature,
So we should take care of its natural processes like timings of food, variety of food.
One should intake lukewarm water in a day to day life, least amount of water can be consumed while having a meal and till 1.5 hours after a meal.
One should take a meal at a right time daily like morning evening.
Daily consumption of water should be 4-6 litre per day. One should go for a walk at least for half hour with an empty stomach.
I had a missed abortion in Dec. .now again we want to plan. Kindly tell us when can we start planning and precautions to avoid missed abortion.
DIETARY AND LIFESTYLE IN UPCOMING SHARAD RTU
Sharad rtu starts from September end till October.The upcoming season is sharad famous for sharad purnima according to bhartiya tradition.If you follow the dietary and lifestyle regimen as mentioned in ayurveda you can avoid many diseases and postpone many genetic disorders like diabetes mellitus,hypothyroidism,hypertension etc.
· Eat sweet,bitter,astringent,cold foods when there is good appetite.
· Take medicated bitter ghee.
· Utilize rice,barley,wheat,green gram,jaggery,grapes,gooseberry,honey .Eat food that are easily digestible.
· Cow’s milk,ghee,kheer,raisins and black grapes are especially recommended foods in this season.
· Eat in moderation as digestive fire is weak in this season.
· Clothes should be loose and light coloured.
· Avoid taking sun bath.
· Avoid sleep during daytime.
· The rays of the moon are beneficial to the health in this season only in the evenings.They are exceedingly cool in the night and hence may be harmful in the night.
· Avoid pungent,sour,salty foods,curd,oils and alcohol.
· Avoid kshara based food and overeating.
· Avoid fried,spicy,sour,asafetida,red chillies,sesame seed oil,mustard oil,millet,corn,ginger garlic,onion,tamarind,mint leaves,cucumber,fenugreek seeds,ladies finger,brinjals,urad dal,groundnut.
Common Diseases In Sarad Rtu
· Burning sensation in body
· Excessive sweating
· Skin diseases
· Liver Diseases
I m 38 week +3 days pregnant and my hb is 6. 5. Ager main an khoon(blood) chadvati hu toh koi baby ya mujhe problem ya koi complication toh nhi hogi?
What is the minimum duration one should avoid for sex after abortion? After abortion what is the time period within one will get her periods normally resume? After how many days one Shd choose for pregnancy after abortion?
Hey respected doctors Mujhe left breast me cyst hai. Usme kabhi pain hota hai pls mujhe koi medi btaye taki koi surgry na kranin pade apne aap thik ho jaye. Filhal me silicia 1m le rahi hu. Kya ye sahi medi hai?
After my 17 days c-section I feel difficult in passing stools. I feel very hard and pain. I have 17 days baby.
Hi iam 25 years old unmarried I have pcos. My doctor advised me to use naturogest 200 mg from 20th day of my period to 25 th day and to continue the process for three months (every month 5 naturogest 200 mg tablets for 3 months. I heard that it increases weight and also gives side effects. Already I had put on my weight due to pcos. At present iam using myonext and got this month period previously I use to find spotting in my period and irregular periods. Is myonext alone sufficient to get regular periods. As you mentioned in your previous answer to use contraceptive pill from 3rd cycle I did not understand this. Why should I use this pill i am an unmarried girl.
My doctor advised me for mychiro tablets for pcos Its been 2 months that I'm having it Is this tablets is a birth control pill or not. Can I conceive while consuming them.
Need to have IVF done. Marriage happened 13 years. Husband does not do sex because of sugar penitent and take insulin on regular basic. So required best treatment with low cost. Suggest the best experiences doctor around rohini please.
After 4 months of pregnancy, what should we do for better health of baby and his mother, what precautions we have to do, pls give me some idea.
Hi i Was on novelon pill pack from june. First intercourse on 9th july (condom used thrice) last intercourse 14th july. Pilk pack ended on 28th juky bleeding from 1-6 aug. Hpt with first morning urine at 4,5,6,7,8 weeks all negative. Period due on 1st sept as it did not occur till 8th had serum beta hcg test and usg Usg report on 8th sept says marginally bulky anteverted uterus with normal myometrial echo texture, no collection in pod, no sol seen, cervix appear normal, no collection in endometrial cavity, kidney normal, uterine normal. Ovaries bulky with tiny follicles arranged peripherally. Hcg test was negative showing 0.11 level of hcg. Doctor prescribed deviry 10 mg 2 tab for 5 tab. But after taking just 1 dose I got my period from 11th sept night to 16th sept. I took hpt again on 11th and 12th negative. But their is a line appearing from belly button to pubic area (linea nigra which is common in pregnant woman) M I pregnant? Last intercourse was on 14th july and stopped bcp from aug. Taking too much stress which is causing gas. Is it due to pregnancy or over stressing?
Mujhe last month periods ke baad se vagina me itching and irritation ho rahi h.Painful intercourse and burning on urination.
I am a-ve and my husband is o+ve. What are the complications we are going to have in pregnancy and what are the cures or precautions I should take?
I am suffering from irregular periods from last 3-4 years. My periods comes after 3 or 4 months. Is it a big problem? How can it effect on my lyf? Please help me.
I have a problem with my left breast .its paining so much for few days.. The pain extends to my arms and my center back. I can't sleep very well .what is the problem .can you help me.
1. आंवला विटामिन-सी का अच्छा स्रोत होता है। एक आंवले में 3 संतरे के बराबर विटामिन सी की मात्रा होती है।
2. आंवला खाने से लीवर को शक्ति मिलती है, जिससे हमारे शरीर में विषाक्त पदार्थ आसानी से बाहर निकलते हैं।
3. आंवला का सेवन करने से शरीर की रोग-प्रतिरोधक क्षमता मजबूत होती है।
4. आवंले का जूस भी पिया जा सकता है। आंवला का जूस पीने से खून साफ होता है।
5. आंवला खाने से आंखों की रोशनी बढती है।
6. आंवला शरीर की त्वचा और बालों के लिए बहुत फायदेमंद होता है।
7. सुबह नाश्ते में आंवले का मुरब्बा खाने आपका शरीर स्वस्थ बना रहता है।
8. डायबिटीज के मरीजों के लिए आंवला बहुत फायदेमंद होता है। मधुमेह के मरीज हल्दी के चूर्ण के साथ आंवले का सेवन करे। इससे मधुमेह रोगियों को फायदा होगा ।
9. आंवला खाने से दिल मजबूत होता है। दिल के मरीज हर रोज कम से कम तीन आंवले का सेवन करें। इससे दिल की बीमारी दूर होगी