Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meera BaiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am lactating women for two month old baby .my breast becoming like a rock if I leave gap between 2to3 hours without feeding. Once baby sucks the hardness goes away .Wat is the cause for this condition.
Hello . I have irregular period with hypothyroidism. My last period is ago 5 months. Doctor suspected may be pcod. And I want to know about mode of treatment for pcod. I have one 4 years kid so now am planning to have second one. So due to pcod is there any complications. Pls let me know.
My 2 upt test are negative. When to take blood pregnancy test? Is blood pregnancy test better than upt? A year back when I had pregnancy the upt test give the result in positive after a month. Can it be possible again?
Does there any chances of getting pregnant when the 10th day of cycle and the sperms are just ejected on the upper part of vagina?
What is vaginitis?
Vaginitis refers to infections of the vagina. This condition results in inflammation of the muscular walls of the vagina due to contamination of bacteria, yeast or viruses and results in itching, soreness, reddening and pain of the vagina along with pungent odors and unusual discharge.
Vaginitis is a common medical condition that affects all women at some point in their lives. Most of the time, the problem is not severe and can be easily treated with simple remedies. But if the symptoms become chronic and remain persistent, it requires the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
What are the different types of vaginitis?
There are a number of different types of this condition, which have varying causes and symptoms. Some of the most common types of vaginitis are as follows:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
This is caused by the explosive growth of the bacteria that is usually present in small numbers in the vagina under normal conditions.
2. Yeast infection
A type of fungus is known as candida Albicans causes this type of infection.
3. Vaginal atrophy
This generally occurs after menopause and is caused by falling estrogen levels.
This type of injection is sexually transmitted and caused by parasitic infestation.
What are the symptoms of vaginitis?
Common symptoms of vaginitis include the following:
- vaginal discharge with unusual colors or odors
- the occurrence of pain during urination
- the occurrence of pain during intercourse
- itching, swelling and irritation of the vagina
- vaginal bleeding and spotting
Fingered with precum on 1st march, got period on 18th march NO sexual activity after that No periods in april, body feels hot almost all the time, breasts seem bigger pregnancy Possible?
My girlfriend took I pill and after that she is suffering from blood loss. She took the I pill in 2nd period night. Its been 5 days still little little blood keeps on coming out after every 3 hours. Please help me out. It would be really helpful.
I am 29 year old, I am trying to conceive from last 3 years, I have gone through three IUI but all were failed, I am suffering From PCOD, My weight is 56. I stopped my treatment from couple of month. Thereafter my periods also get disturbed I got my last period after 1 month of due date. I start taking Gynaeven Ayurvedic Tablets and folvite. My tubes were normal as per HCG. Please suggest me what should I do?
Hi My Height 5.4 weight 95 kg. It can possible to get pregnant. Eating more meals n oil items snacks.
I could not conceive due to thyroid problem from last 5 years. I always have irregular periods, after consultation with Dr, I am taking Thyrox 100 tablets, my husband has also done his fertility test and found no problem with him. Please suggest how i can conceive.
I am 20 week pregnant and fetus is diagnosed with congenital diaphragmatic hernia what should I do now? I conceived with ivf.
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks.