Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera BaiYour feedback matters!
Request you to advise on the blood test required to detect polycystic ovary syndrome and recommend treatment for the same.
Namasthe. Sir, am 25 year old, am married (3 year complted). We have no child because of we have planning. My question is. Which times of intercource for pregnancy? april 21st we were had sex without any contraceptive. What can we do? i'll become pregnant or what? please reply me sir.
Sir meri shadi ko 5 month hue hai. Meri biwi ka period time 27 ka tha bt abki baar 17 din late ho gaya hai. Or check kiya but usme bhi negative aaya tha. Ab problem samaj nhi aa rhi h. Pls kuch btao. M abhi baby nahi chahta. Agar positive result h to uska koi ilaj ho to batana. I am very upset.
Hi...i hv 6 months baby..aftr delivry i gaind 15 kg wt..my age is 27 and ht is 5'5...theres period problm also aftr delivry..and not enough brestfeed come aftr delivry..plz suggest tips for weight lose
I am 17 years old and last month I accidentally had sex with my boyfriend on the 3rd day of my periods. I took I pill within 10 hours of the incident and now I am having delay by 6 days in my periods. What should I do to have periods?
Dear Dr. I had sex with my girlfriend. Her age is 20. And I had use condom. And her periods dates is between 22 to 28 but Dr. She still doesn't come. Give me some idea. Consult me any type of pill. I think condom have failed Thank you.
I am a 18 year old girl and I had unprotected sex the next day from my ovulation day. I keep track of my ovulation days from a personalised app. So, after having sex I took an ipill within one hour of the intercourse and till then I am scared. My periods are in 12 days and I don't want a pregnancy now. What are the chances of it?
I was taking pills for postponing my periods date. I stopped taking those today but I did not got my periods yet.
Hello Doctor, I am 4 months pregnant. Is it advisable and safe to have sex during pregnancy? We don't use condoms. Is it harmful? Please advise me some do's and don'ts. Thank you.
Hi i m 24 years old I am a house wife. I have 2 child after my delivery .my chest has has become very small. What to do for chest improvement. My structure is looking very bad.
Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives. Similarly, in the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders and stress may affect your sex life:
- Mood swings: Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
- Anxiety: Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest.
- Decreased social activity: Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
So, what you should do?
- Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life: Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
- Go to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time everyday to tune your sleep cycle. Avoid waking up late into night as far as possible.
- Avoid afternoon sleep or take only a nap.
- Don't take heavy foods, big and late meals.
- Eat at least 2-3 hrs before sleep.
- Avoid coffee and tea in the night.
- Don't get glued to the tv, computer, or mobile till sleep time. Shut them down 30 mins. before retiring to bed.
- Read something calming, meditate, or listen to quiet music just before sleeping.
- Regular workouts helps you get good sleep.
- Avoid serious discussions, work or complex decisions 2-3 hrs before sleep. If any of them bother you much, jot them down on a paper. That will lighten your mind help you get better sleep.
If sexual problems and concerns make you sleepless, seek help from a sex counselor. If your sleep problems are due to work in shifts or night-only shifts, take the help of a specialist in sleep problems. This way you can overcome sexual problems arising out of sleep disturbances, and have an improved sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
She feels more pain in the time period of mc. She didn't take any medicine. What to do. I can't see in pain:-(
Is 100% chances of pregnancy is there if I had a relation with my husband after follicles have been ruptured.
I just have a doubt that, previously a doctor suggested me that, to have sex from 10 day of menstrual cycle till 20th day. After 20th day should we stop having sex or what please give me a clarification.
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
What should pregnant lady take food and healthy and fair baby for what should the pregnant lady take food?
Ashwini 24 years unmarried I'm suffering from pcod since 8 years tried many treatments but no use I request you to suggest me a good treatment for my health issue Thankyou.
Right now we have a generation of kids who are going into high school, college and even the workforce who have never really experienced failure before. This is a generation of kids who have been bubble-wrapped since birth. The first generation of kids who weren't really allowed to play outside. The first generation where every drawer and cabinet was safety locked. The first generation to not only wear safety belts, but to also ride in a car seat until kindergarten. This is the first generation to wear helmets when riding their bikes. Mom and dad have stepped in to stop anything that could possibly hurt their kids. Unfortunately, in mom and dad's protectiveness, they have also protected their kids from some very important life lessons. Like failure.
This generation of kids that are arriving into adulthood or who will be quickly in its ranks have never been allowed to fail at anything in life. Even the little things like little league (where trophies are passed out with juice boxes) have been sanitized to make sure that everyone's feelings are safe from harm. Now these kids are becoming adults with unrealistic expectations for what is going to happen in the future. On what reality is like. And generally, what life is like.
I am not saying that the parents are bad people. Or that they were protecting their children with some malicious intent. In fact, I know the exact opposite is true. These parents were doing everything within their power to protect the things that are most precious to them. Their children. The parents only wanted to keep their children safe and happy. The layer of bubble wrap protection was done from a place of love and care. But what started out as loving protection has put these kids into an unexpected predicament. Because mom and dad were so quick to protect their child from anything negative (physical, mental and emotional), these kids never developed the ability to handle life's little messes. And we all know that life likes to dole out messes.
So, what can we do to help these young adults (and soon-to-be adults)? and more importantly, what can we do to not let this happen again with future generations? i'm not suggesting that we get rid of seat belt laws or that there weren't very good reasons for not giving kids free reign of their neighborhoods like we once had. I get those reasons. I am a parent. I watch the news. The world can be a scary place.
Starting now. We need to learn to stand back. We need to learn to stay on the sidelines when our kids are facing something difficult. Or when they have already messed up. We need to stand back and give them the space to clean up their own mess. They will never learn to do it, if we rush in like an assaulting army taking out everything in its path. Yes, your kids won't like it that you are not running to their defense. There may be tears. There may even be some accusations that you are ruining their life. But guess what? you aren't. You are actually doing them a huge favor. They just may not realize it yet.
You see, as strong and able as you are today, you are not always going to be around. And what happens then when your kid is facing a huge screw up or failure? who is going to fix it for them then? if you do not allow your kid the space to learn to deal with failures starting with the smallest of failures they will never develop the tools necessary to deal with those moments in life.
So, when they are facing a big ole screw up that has the potential of changing the trajectory of their life and you aren't around to fix it, what do you think they will do? run and hide? maybe. Deal with it? probably not. They will more than likely allow that one (albeit huge) screw up to define the rest of their life. And I know that as a parent who has spent the better part of your own adult life protecting this child of yours that you would never want that for your kid. So, take a step back. Take a deep breath. They can do this. (and so can you.) believe in them. Be their biggest cheerleader, but please, for your child's sake, don't step in and be the quarterback of their life. Allow your kid to have that win.