Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Meenu ShankariYour feedback matters!
When I woke up then for one second I can't open my mouth due to some wastage water. Nd my taste changed.
This lady has had no problems even 15 years after treatment and her teeth still look wonderful and most natural adding to her smile aesthetics, persona and beauty.
Have a good day.
There is a pain in some nerve/muscle in and around my right side of jaw joint near ear. It was preceded by slight headache for two days. This pain extends into the inner right ear also. Initially, I apprehended it to be wisdom tooth but its just an apprehension. There is no pain in the Gums, though. It hurts in attempting to open the full jaw and chewing food. And yes, I keep up regular brushing.
My nephew has a teeth which are growing at awkward shapes and overlapping each other. What can be the solution?
My right and left side's 2nd molar teeth has decayed and affected by cavity and its affecting other teeth too and right side's upper 2nd molar teeth is decayed too shall I just remove or recap this.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!
Hello sir I am having a problem that about my teeth. My teeth are yellow. I tried so many toothpastes but it dosn' t work properly. Its not getting white. I am totally irritated bcoz of this problem. So I want a suggestion what can I do to get rid of this problem.
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.
Hello doctor, I am having white patchy lesions in my mouth which us responsible increased sensitivity towards spicy food and I'm not able to eat even little spicy foods. Some doctors said that it is oral lichen planus. But it is auto immune disorder and can't be treated. Pls help with proper medications and prevention.
I have just got my tooth removed and now after my medication is over its causing severe pain leading to headache. What should I do. Also due to this I guess am feeling fever.
I have bad breath. I am a dental student and my bad breath is not because of bad oral hygiene. Is it GERD. I even have gastric problem when I eat potato, beans ,chicken etc. Have to get rid of my bad breath.
1. After 1st sitting is completed, temporary filling is given so be gentle in chewing from that side whithin that tooth as it is quite brittle.
2. You may eat when numbness worn off.(1.5-2 hrs)
3. After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, than you would be prescribed with reliving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
4. If your tooth was in pain prior to treatment, it may take few days for tooth to heal pain to be relived.
5. If your tooth was not in pain prior to treatment, your tooth may be quite sore for a few days after appointment, this soreness/pain will relieved with time, it may take as much as seven-ten days.
6. Take medicine on time complete the course, if you stop taking it your tooth may become infected.