Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakumari
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. MeenakumariYour feedback matters!
Bad smell comes from my mouth (coz of bad stomach) after brushing and eating as well. I do have dust allergy and sneeze a lot. I do have recurrent cold like running nose. Do I have sinus allergy? Is bad breath due to these allergies? What is the remedy? How to get rid of bad breath and sinus problem?
Sir, My tooth is not in shape so what you recommend me please help, I do not feel confidence because of this.
EPIC is the latest diode laser innovation from BIOLASE. Loaded with one patented, proprietary feature after another, the EPIC diode laser platform is available in four package configurations designed to meet the needs of every dental office. Whether you are seeking a standard soft tissue diode laser, or expanded features for Whitening and Pain Therapy, there is an EPIC configuration perfect for you.
- EPIC is the only diode laser in the USA (and now in India) with three unique therapy modes – Soft Tissue Surgery, Whitening, and Pain Therapy. No matter which therapy you wish to offer, you have EPIC™ versatility available at the touch of a finger using a fully redesigned, one-of-a-kind touchscreen interface.
- EPIC offers the most precise control of tissue cutting for different procedures and tissue biotypes. With our exclusive diode laser wavelength, EPIC™ cuts soft tissue cleaner, with more hemostasis and supreme patient comfort. Take advantage of other capabilities including relief of lesions (aphthous ulcers, herpetic lesions) as well as performing "pocket therapy" using single-use disposable Perio tips.
- EPIC is an ideal teeth-whitening solution for progressive offices wanting to expand their cosmetic treatment menu. Studies have shown that EPIC™ can perform a full-mouth, in-office whitening procedure with an average of 4-6 shades in only 20 minutes of treatment time (not including set-up or take-down), faster than any other in-office whitening system.* And with LaserWhite20 whitening gel treatment kits available in affordable 5-packs, using EPIC to whiten teeth in your office is a reliable, affordable treatment.
- One of the most promising aspects of laser dentistry is the opportunity to do more with less anesthetic, and less damage to the tissue. EPIC™ delivers on that promise with ComfortPulse, a proprietary innovation that delivers precisely controlled micropulses of diode energy to the tissue, followed by “down” time to allow tissue to relax and respond positively to laser treatment.
- EPIC also introduces a new ComfortPulse setting that delivers pulses to the tissue as short as one ten-millionth of a second, resulting in improved patient comfort, less damage to surrounding tissues, and better healing. With EPIC, patient comfort is a reality.
I saw a black point size spot on my first pre molar tooth today only. It seems as its having a hole but it' s very point size and originated only a few days back. I would like to know what it can be possibly. And also the cure for it. Thanks you in advance.
Bacteria can live in your mouth in the form of a plaque, causing cavities and gingivitis, which can lead to periodontal (gum) disease. In order to keep your mouth clean, you must practice good oral hygiene every day.
A mouth rinse, in addition to daily brushing and flossing, can increase the cleanliness of your mouth. Antibacterial mouth rinses reduce bacteria and plaque activity, which causes gingivitis and gum disease. Fluoride mouth rinses also help reduce and prevent tooth decay.
Dear parents fluoride rinses are not recommended for children ages 6 years and younger because they may swallow them.
Having your dentist say to you that you need a root canal, can be a daunting affair. This means that the pulp or soft tissue inside a tooth has been damaged by bacterial infection. A root canal involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning the infection and filling in the emptied space. Not every tooth infection requires a root canal and hence it is essential to know the indication of a root canal.
Here are a few situations when a root canal may be needed:
- Pain: Discomfort ranging from a dull ache to a sharp pain can be a sign that you need root canal treatment. This type of pain is usually characterized by throbbing and may change as you switch positions. It is usually triggered by chewing, applying pressure on the tooth or eating something cold or hot. In some cases, the patient may not be able to indicate the exact tooth that is hurting but can only identify the painful area.
- Gun tenderness: Swelling that indicates the need of root canal treatment can range from being slightly red and inflamed to pronounced lumps on the gums. In some extreme cases, this swelling may extend out of the gums into the face and neck region. Sometimes, a pus filled boil with a pimple like head may also form on the gums. If this head bursts, the patient may notice a foul taste in the mouth. This swelling can come and go as the tooth decay deteriorates and may or may not be accompanied by pain. Teeth may also feel like they have been pushed out of their sockets and are taller than usual.
- Tooth discolouration: Discolouring of teeth can be a sign of internal tooth damage. This is especially noted if the teeth take on a dark yellow, grey or blackish tint. Tooth discolouration is fairly common in cases where the tooth has undergone trauma such as an accident etc.
- Exposure of the dental nerves: At times during regular dental work, the nerves in the tooth may be exposed. This indicates an exposure of pulp tissue and can trigger pulp degeneration if left untreated.
However, all of the above symptoms can be symptoms of other types of dental problems as well and do not necessarily individually indicate the need for a root canal. Only a dentist can properly diagnose a need for root canal treatment after a physical examination and testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.