Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. MeenakshiYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, im 21 year old Male and suffering from gynecomastia. I take homeopathic treatment with hard exercise and diet to loose wait. After, I also take Tamoxifen 10 mg for 5 month, suggest by forties hospital's Doctor. But I have no changes in my chest. They recommend for surgery. What you suggest about it.
Hello sir. I lost my hair too much. What is problem and why it's happening to me? Even my diet is good. I'm worrying about it. Please let me know why it's all and how I can get to control it. Thank you!
Hi. My back shape is too much broad. Due to this I look very bad. What should I do to decrease the level of fats on the back area.
I am diabetic patient and I want to become singer but sometimes I feel weakness while singing. Is the reason for my weakness is diabetes?
I am doing the exercises suddenly comes the back pain I will struggled saviour in two or three days .and after it will be a little bit pain rising pls help.
I am 73 years old. Apart from taking medicine for diabetes (tablet met gl 2 mg), high bp (tablet monotrate 10 mg & nicardia-r 10mg), I am suffering from back ache, body ache and pain in my both feet toes - which is almost since 1 year when I had high sugar level after meals -460. Now it is normal but the pain in my toes does not subside. It is just like numbness and is continuous. Please help for my back pain and numbness in my feet toes. Thanks.
Sir I am a regular tobacco eater, now I want to quit. My mouth opens only two fingers as well as I am facing teeth bite in my inner cheek. I want desperately to redefine my mouth. What can I do, also I wants some teeth dental work to be done.
Few days back while passing urine blood also came out but I am not sure it passes through urine passage or from back. I am female of 25 years. Kindly tell me is it symptom of any disease.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.