Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maran M
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Maran MYour feedback matters!
My wife age is 30 she suffering from urine pipe stone size 6.8mm. Its possible without surgery recovery.
I have problem of chronic gastritis, from that reason I always fall sick, bloating,headache are main problem often to me. I have very much period pain also .No any medicine effect me in my period pain. Please suggest suitable medicine in both ailments.
Mujhe acidity ho jati hai jaise ki puri body me chiti ne kaat liya ho waise spot ho jati hai khujali bhi bhut hoti hai? Please advise
Dear Doctor, I am 60 years old. I have breakfast of two toasts without butter, one bowl of corn flakes/ oats. For lunch, I have stir fried vegetables 50 gms and one non fat sandwich. Evening I have an apple/ orange and dinner two chapatis with vegetables cooked in olive oil. I do go for morning walks, but I am not able to reduce weight. I am 175 cms tall and weigh 80 kgs. I have severe constipation, for which I take Kayam Churna or some laxative pill everyday. Please advise. Regards
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult your doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!