Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manohar S S
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar S SYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I feel dizziness some times after coming home from Office and I am having Back pain and Abdominal pain when I wake up in morning. I am 22 Years old and weight: 95 KG. Can you please suggest me on this.
Hi doctor I am suffering meniere's disease my left side consult my doctor prescribe ditide tablet its ok but urine level high or urine colour blue floresnd colour its irritated me pls explain advise.
I am 20 years old boy pursuing engineering and have been in some sorta problems with my ears from the last few days and its really hurting alot. I have taken an ear drop for it but wanted to know whether I should go on with some medicine or not in particular for it as after taking the ear drops iv got some relief but I discovered it today itself that iv got a swelling at first stage growing just at the entrance of my ear lobs, so it would be highly grateful of you if you'd suggest me the exact precise opinion asap.
I have pain in my throat and also my sound is changed from last 2 month it is happening what should I have to do.
Sometimes when I eat hot or spicy food I feel some mint feeling in my throat, what could be the cause. Please help.
My roommate friend sleeps next to me and has a habit of snoring badly always. I am tired of waking him up in order to stop it. please give some suggestions.
My body temperature is in the range 93°to 95° from past several days and I am feeling slight dizziness and my mood remain off all the time.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
There are various kinds of nosebleeds that can be caused by a variety of conditions. While some of them may not be too serious, one must never ignore heavy and persistent nosebleeds. These nosebleeds are usually of two kinds: anterior nosebleeds, and posterior nosebleeds. While 90% of all nosebleeds are anterior nosebleeds, the posterior nosebleeds are far less common and may be slightly more serious in nature. An anterior nosebleed is usually caused in the blood vessels that lie on the front portion of the nose and can be controlled easily. A posterior nosebleed usually comes from damage to an artery in the rear portion of the nose. Infection, trauma, allergic reactions and other such causes may be behind a nosebleed. Let us cast a glance on the tips to prevent nosebleeds.
- Salt water and saline nose drops can be used in order to prevent nosebleeds. It is important to take these on a regular basis in case you are experiencing these nosebleeds on a regular basis.
- The use of painkillers like Aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs must be limited. Sometimes, taking such medication too frequently may lead to nosebleeds.
- You would do well to control your blood pressure because hypertension and other forms of high blood pressure can also cause nosebleeds. Lifestyle changes like your diet and exercise can help in keeping a more stable blood pressure level so that you do not fall prey to frequent nosebleeds.
- Humidify your home with a humidifier so that the air does not get too dry. Many times, this causes nosebleeds. Also, you may want to keep the heat down in the bedrooms. Many nosebleeds happen due to too warm temperatures while you are sleeping.
- Nose picking should also be discouraged as it can lead to nosebleeds in case there is a scratch or any other kind of damage when you try to force the dirt out.
- It has also been found that smoking has a connection with nosebleeds. This can be fixed if the patient quits smoking.
- One should not use nasal sprays without a prescription from a doctor. This also includes antihistamines, decongestants as well as other medicated sprays. These may not suit the patient at all times, and may also lead to nosebleeds.
- In the event of a nosebleed, you will need to lean forward with your head tilted backwards. This will stem the bleeding. If it is possible, you must also try and lie down immediately for a few minutes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!