Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula BagadiYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 27 years old and of 52 kgs weight and had missed period. I had tested for pregnancy through test kit which resulted in negative. But I am feeling of my stomach bloating and feeling so full even I eat little quantity and having little problem in breathing now. What can be the reason and did get my periods. Can you suggest me what to do.
Hello sir, my name is ankur singh and I live in patna, I am 25 year old. I want a solution for diabetes. Its a old age problem ya its touch in young period. So can you suggest me something around this topic. Thank you.
My wife having blocked fallopian tubes. 2times Ivf done with no result. Please guide us . wife age is 37yrs.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.
I am taking taking olkem20h tablet for no since from 2014 n my by recently recorded is 130/80 I want to ask is it compulsory now also to take tablet or I can leave?
I am 15 weeks pregnant my right side lower abdomen is aching but bearable and cramping at times . Now I get a tiny amount of brown discharge but no bleeding while I pee its just the discharge anything wrong ?
I am married on 6th may and had sex next day. So when do I need to check my pregnancy test. As I and my husband both got thyroid problem. So we are very much worried with my pregnancy. Is it going to affect our child. And when should we go to the doctor.
Hello doctors. I am suffering from mild pcod doctor prescribed me NE -40 d folvite tab for 3 months. This month I want to conceive so they prescribed me OVA SHIELD. How many times d how many days should I take this tablet d will I able to conceive?
I am 21 yr old my last period was 15days earlier and this month' s periods are 8 days late what is a reason and I am done with pregnancy tests and all are negative and last month I was hospitalized for viral fever and cold please and I losy my 4 kg weight also help me I am worried what to do
Hello Dr. please tell me what's the reason of etopic pregnancy I was etopic 2012 what was the reason & after etopic how long time to conceive because I can't conceive n very much problem for me.
I am married on 30 April from that time I am having sex with husband and taking sperms inside and also I am in menstruation periods will be? Or there any problem for pregnancy?
Male 25 I want to know about this report bcz I want pregnant my wife Grade 4 34% Grade 3 15% Grade 2 08% Grade 1 05% Non motile 38% Pus cells 10-15/ hpf Rbc 8-10/hpf.
My sister had went fr a party, now her dates has been postponing, as a brother I can't say this to my parents and even friends. She is always crying. Dono which doctor to consult. Please consider and help me. If any tablets pls suggest.
I use I pill after sex on but it is safe to use ipill once again after 20 days is there any problem or should I take another alternative to avoid pregnancy please suggest me what should I do it will be great full to you thanks.
I am 23 years old female. I have been suffering unbearable pain in abdomen, lower back and legs only on the first day of my periods. I feel very weak. This is on since 8 years. I have consulted many gynaecs. Hav had many tablets n even had contraceptives for months. That entire 21 day kit. I also have been having sex with my husband since 4 years. In d beginning I didnt face any problems. But since a year or more my vagina dosnt open immediately and gets dry. I feel pain during and after sex at times. I am also wanting to have a child next year. Can you please guide me with all this. Thank you so much.
Disregarding genital tract infections and issues including the symptoms of the same can lead to problems when it comes to fertility. It may also cause problems in your sexual life. Genital problems can also lead to infertility. These days, infertility is a noteworthy and very important occurrence that plagues many couples.
Common Infections: A large portion of these genital tract diseases occurs because of infections. Salpingitis happens in close to 15% of ladies in their reproductive age and 2.5% of all ladies get to be infertile as an aftereffect of salpingitis by age 35. Many times, symptoms of conditions and STDs like Chlamydia trachomatis trachomatis are usually nonexistent. The real rate of ladies with upper genital tract infections is presumably underestimated.
Infection and Infertility: Infectious agents can hinder different vital human functions, including reproduction. Bacteria, fungi, infections and viruses can meddle with the reproductive capacity in both genders. Diseases of male genito-urinary tract represent around 15% of the instance of male infertility. Diseases can influence distinctive areas of the male regenerative tract, for example, the testis, epididymis and male sex organs and glands. Urogenital diseases at various levels of their advancement, development and transport can affect the sperms themselves in this manner. Among the most widely recognized microorganisms required for sexually transmitted diseases, meddling with male fertility are Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhea.
Symptoms: If the following symptoms of a genital tract infection are ignored, it can definitely lead to the person being infertile in some stage of life or immediately. These are as follows:
The signs and symptoms in males are
- Changes in the way you discharge
- Bleeding while urinating or discharge
- Thick white, yellow or green release from the tip of the penis along with pain in urethra or pain while urinating
- A hard but painless sore on the penis along with swelling of the lymph hubs in the crotch
- Pain or uneasiness while urinating or discharge from the urethra
- Difficult or irritated red spots and small blisters on the penis
- Chestnut bits on the hair around the penis
- Gentle delicacy around one of the testicles
- Delicate swelling in the scrotum on one or both sides
- Extreme pain after injury to your penis
The signs and symptoms in women are as follows:
- Irregular vaginal discharge with a pungent smell
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Tingling or itching in the outer area of vagina
- Uneasiness and pain during sex
- Sore vagina
- Foamy greenish-yellow discharge with a foul smell
- Light bleeding after intercourse
- Warts in the vagina
Regular check-ups and visits to the gynecologist are very essential. One should always keep the partner updated about their sexual health problems to practice a healthy and honest relationship and to avoid further contagious infections from occurring.