Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula BagadiYour feedback matters!
Male impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a common condition that most frequently affects older men. Unless the problem is psychological, the inability to achieve or maintain an erection is due to insufficient blood supply to the penis, not a lack of sexual arousal. Herbs such as ginger may help. However, since impotence may signal a more serious disorder, including cardiovascular disease or diabetes, check with your doctor before pursuing self-treatment.
Kathi Keville and Peter Korn, authors of "Herbs for Health and Healing," contend that poor circulation may cause impotence in men because damaged or impaired blood vessels simply fail to fill with blood and expand. They also say that certain herbs, such as ginger, may help to increase dilation in blood vessels and improve circulation.
Aroma and Flavor
In his book, "Herbal Aphrodisiacs from Around the World," Clarence Meyer says that the same agents that lend ginger its medicinal properties are also responsible for stimulating arousal due to the warm, spicy scent and taste they impart. In fact, in Asian and Arabic cultures, the fragrance of ginger alone is regarded an aphrodisiac. Ginger is even referenced in the "Kama Sutra," the ancient Indian Hindu text dedicated to the art of giving and receiving sexual pleasure.
Ginger moxa is a therapy used in Chinese medicine to treat impotence that marries the properties of ginger with practice of moxibustion, a technique that involves burning selected herbs at various acupuncture points along the body. Usually, the herb of choice is mugwort, the leaves of which are rolled into a "moxa stick" much like a cigar. With ginger moxa, a thick slice of ginger becomes the insulation between the moxa stick and the skin. The ginger is pierced with a few small holes into which the moxa sticks are placed, and the sticks are allowed to burn down just far enough to produce perspiration and redness on the skin. The procedure is typically repeated several times in succession.
Hi SIr/Ma'am, My girl friend getting some white liquid fro her vagina, after 3 days of sex. What should be do.
Dr. I had a problem of not having an orgasm while having sex I get orgasm very easily when my husband used to lick and suck my breast earlier I used to have orgasm during sex also but from the period of a year I do not get an orgasm or that relieved satisfaction that earlier I used to get. Kindly suggest me some medication or something that has no bad affects on health if taken regularly or give me some medication to have orgasm during intercourse. I am 23 years old and I have recently diagnosed PCOS although my sex desires are no less I always have a desire to have sex where ever I am alone with my hubby but I do not get orgasm very rarely I get an orgasm.
Do you know that the future health of your baby is decided before you even conceive? Your preconception health is very important. Planning a baby is a demanding task, but if you plan it well you will have a healthier and easier pregnancy.
These are a few tips which can do wonders
1. Relaxation at Work and Household Backup - Plan out your work schedule. You might need to change your work hours or may be change the job profile. You will also need someone to help you out with the household chores around this time.
2. Finances - Get your finances settled and insurance plan changed accordingly.
3. Lifestyle Modification - Eat healthy. Stop the intake of alcohol and stop smoking. Set aside a time for regular exercise if possible. Try to lose that extra flab and stay very active.
5. Take Folic Acid - Take 400 mcg of folic acid tablet daily. It helps prevent birth defects of brain and spine in the baby.
6. Avoid Exposure to - Harmful chemicals, metals and toxic substances at workplace and home. Protect yourself from infections. Stay away from cats.
7. Up-to-Date Vaccination - Make sure your vaccination is complete. Vaccination against rubella and flu are very important. It is also important to maintain a gap of at least one month between your rubella shot and pregnancy planning.
8. Optimize your Medical Condition - If you have Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy or any other medical condition you must take complete advice from the physician. Blood pressure and sugar levels have to be under full control. The type and dose of the drug may need modifications.
9. Check Family History - Ask your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and cousins about any health problems in the family like genetic problems, mental retardation or malformations in babies. This can help your Gynaecologist to determine which problems to look for and how to prevent it.
Do I need to go for hysteroscopy for the correction of arcuate uterus or dis is normal and I will not have problems in conceiving. please reply.
Hi, I'm 28 years old. Post pregnancy I increased my weight tremendously. I want to loose 10 kgs suffering with tsh and PCOD, How can I do this?
The first line of defence against toxins is your liver, it acts like a filter in preventing toxic substances contained in foods from passing into your blood stream.
Tops Foods to Help Cleanse the Liver:
Helps activate liver enzymes that help your body flush out toxins. They also have large amounts of allicin and selenium that help cleanse the liver.
High in vitamin C and antioxidants, which boosts the production of liver detoxification enzymes and increases the natural cleansing process of your liver.
Lemons and Limes
These citrus fruit contain high amounts of vitamin C, which help stimulate the liver and aid the synthesizing of toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water. Did you know lemons are also a natural replacement for salt in your diet. They are high in electrolytes which support your body but they don’t dehydrate your cells like sodium. Lemons on their own are acidic, but are alkalizing to your body. They help neutralize toxins, excrete waste and start the entire digestive process.
Top Foods To Cleanse Your Liver
Are rich in pectin, this soluble fibre helps remove toxins and cholesterol from the blood. They’re also rich in malic acid, a natural cleansing nutrient that removes carcinogens and other toxins from the blood. Did you know Granny Smith apples are rich in malic acid and one of the most antioxidant-rich apple varieties.
Green veggies such as spinach, kale, chard, romaine and arugula are high in plant chlorophylls which absorb environmental toxins, increase bile production, and neutralize heavy metals, chemicals, and pesticides. By absorbing these toxins, it lowers the burden on the liver.
Beets and Carrots
They are high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene, they help stimulate and improve overall liver function.
I had 4 miscarriages yet. First 3 were just 5 or 6 weeks but 4th one was 4 and a half month baby. that was due to water bag comes out. All my reports are normal. Now what should I do? Whats the treatment so that it would not repeat in future?
In a normal pregnancy, the baby develops with its head pointed down, and the head is usually the part which comes out first during normal delivery. However, in many cases, the baby could have its legs, feet, or buttocks pointing to the cervix. In a majority of cases, the baby may have this position, but rotates to have its head pointing down before the third trimester. However, this may not happen, and this is referred to as breech.
In a lot of cases, the doctor would try to move the baby’s head downwards usually around the 37th week, and this is referred to as external cephalic version (ECV) or even as version. The process is done externally by manipulation and hence the name external. It is done before labor and may allow for a vaginal birth. In very rare cases, it may be done during labor, but before the amniotic sac has ruptured. As a backup, there should be a provision for the patient to undergo C-section, if ECV is not successful.
- Single pregnancy, into 36 weeks of pregnancy, with no complications, and preferably not the first pregnancy
- No engagement of the fetus (any part) in the uterus
- Adequate amniotic fluid, which will provide a good environment to move the baby with minimal injury
- Suspected/known birth defects
- Multiple pregnancies (twins/triplets)
- Ruptured amniotic sac
- Fetus with a hyperextended neck
- Mother’s health is not optimal and is on cardiac medications
- Condition that mandates a cesarean section (placental separation from the uterus, placenta covering the cervix, etc.)
The fetal position is first estimated using an ultrasound. The position of the placenta and the amount of amniotic fluid are also closely monitored. Under constant monitoring, the uterus is relaxed through medications. With one hand on the fetal head and another on the buttocks, the doctor tries to rotate the fetus. Depending on how much pressure the mother is able to tolerate and how flexible the uterus is, version may be successful (success rate is about 60%).
A second attempt under epidural anesthesia may be done, if the first one did not succeed. However, the chances of success with subsequent attempts is very doubtful. The fetus is constantly monitored through ultrasound and fetal heart rate monitoring. A fetus is considered healthy if the heart rate moves up during this procedure. However, if the heart rate seems abnormally high, the procedure would be abandoned.
After the procedure, the mother and the fetus would be monitored for a while before being sent home. As the fetus is constantly monitored throughout pregnancy, the doctor would be able to tell if this procedure is required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.