Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manikandan M
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manikandan MYour feedback matters!
I will be getting mouth ulcers regularly. I eat the same food which others eat in my home. I have consulted so many doctors in my area but no use. What is the reason? please find me a better capsule to recover the ulcers.
I have checked my waist it was 44 inch. I am diabetic and my weight is 70 kg. My age is 26. My hba1c is 4.9.fasting 90 and postprandial 140. I take glucophage once daily.
Hi doctor, My age is 30 year. I am tall and obese girl. I have high bp 150/100 and I under medications nebicard 2.5 one in the morning. In 2014, I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse. I am married and have a girl child. I delivered her in c-section in 2012. I have pcos problem due to which I have irregular periods. In 2013, I had appendix laparoscopy and in 2015, I had cystectomy and d&c. Now for the past three days, all of a sudden I am having shortness of breath along with loose stools. I also have leg swelling and abdominal bloating. What could be the reason? Please help. Doctor is saying it is wheezing but my lungs are clear. I don't think it is either wheezing or muscle cramp. My doctor has asked to take echo. Please advise.
Hi, my mom is suffering from kidney problem from about 7 years and now her consulting doctor recommended dialysis, but we don't want to go for that yet as it have to be continue for lifetime once started. Her current Urea level is 125 and Creatinine is 7.5, please suggest if there could any alternate option available, even if Ayurvedic can do something.
When I have sex I came out very fast so please doctor give some idea or tips or any diet which will help me in increasing my sex duration and capacity.
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus of the same. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are-
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Notwithstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are-
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!