Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manickavasagam V CYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor my risky exposure held 133 days back I did my Elisa @ 120 days it was negative at present I am suffering with cold and saviour cough and small red spots are coming on my skin some times it was itchy some times not is it related to HIV can i do any tests for that please help me and I am facing problem while taking breath.
People with chronic kidney disease notice that their bones tend to get weaker and more slender. They become painful and are bound to break more easily as a consequence of mineral loss. The most common kind of bone infections happen when:
- There is a change in the balance between two essential minerals in your body - calcium and phosphate, which prompts loss of calcium from your bones.
- Four small glands (parathyroid organs), which regulate calcium in your body, turn out to be excessively active.
- There is a change in the way your body utilizes vitamin D, a mineral that is vital for healthy bones.
Every bone disease affects bones in different ways.
- Phosphate is found in many food items you eat. Your kidneys normally eject whatever is not required in the body. At the point when your kidneys have stopped functioning properly, phosphate may develop in your blood. Excess phosphate in your blood prompts loss of calcium from your bones, which has a tendency to weaken them. Eating food items that are low in phosphate can keep phosphate from building up in your blood.
- Since phosphate stays in your body when your kidneys are no more ready to remove it, four small glands in your neck (parathyroid organs) turn out to be excessively active. When this happens, calcium is expelled from your bones over a long period of time, making them weak.
- Vitamin D is a vital vitamin, which affects the balance in the calcium content of your body. Typically, vitamin D is processed into a more soluble state by the kidneys and can be utilized by the body. In case your kidneys have deteriorated, they can no more do this critical job. Luckily, the dynamic type of vitamin D is accessible in the form of medications that can be prescribed by your specialist, if necessary. In case you have a kidney disease, it is vital to find a way to prevent bone illness. Some of the solutions are as follows:
- Limit the amount of phosphorus you take in every day. Ask your specialist or dietitian to let you know how much phosphorus you need to have. You can likewise request a list of high-phosphorus food items.
- Take a phosphate folio. This is a medicine that you bring with dinners to keep your body from taking in the phosphorus that originates from your food and beverages. This can keep phosphorus from winding up in your blood.
- Take a calcitriol supplement. Your kidneys make calcitriol with the help of vitamin D that you get from food and the sun. When your kidneys are not working, they can't make calcitriol. A man-made type of calcitriol can help your body utilize the calcium and phosphorus it needs.
- Exercise can make your bones more strong and keep them from breaking.
- Try not to smoke or use tobacco. It can aggravate bone disease.
- Take your medications the way your specialist instructs you to and do not skip dialysis medicines.
- Even after changing your diet and taking medicines, if you still have an excess of phosphorus in your blood, your specialist may propose that you undergo further dialysis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
I have migraine headache problem since last 5-6 years. It starts in early morning and last till after noon. Sometimes it creates vomiting to me. It's there permanent solution for this?
Doctor when I do sex I have problem it ejaculates very quickly or If I touch my girlfriends breast it becomes hard and if I touch her body with mine it comes out quickly. That is why I can't satisfy her.
I am 17 years old male and I have severe itching. I visited a doctor and he said it's fungal infection and he gave me cream and Itraconazole. I felt good, during medication was going on but after some 1 to 1 and half weeks the itching has again started. How to permanently remove fungal infection? Thank You.
Irritation inside nose (mostly right side) which leads to sneezing, mucous and watery eyes. Slight Irritation in eyes which seems due to this. irritation in nose starts mostly after waking up. Have this system since last 1 month. Initially consulted homeopathy (not aware of the names of the medicines doctor has given) but since this was increasing had to consult Allopathy. Doctor prescribed Montek LC before sleeping and Flomist nasal spray for 7-10 days but symptom reoccurred after medicine was over. Also, sometimes itching starts in one small part of body (thigh or ankle of hand) and it becomes slightly red and then goes away in a hour. Slight itching sometimes on stomach or back (not throughout the day) but that does not lead to redness. This developed after taking 2 months medicine for cough bronchitis which developed after coming from Manali in October 2015.
I have a sudden head pain and getting feeling of high blood flow pains a lot. Its very sudden and uncertain.
I am 35 years old. I am suffering from stomach pain for last 2 days. Please suggest me the medicine.
I am suffering from foul smell of urine, like ammonia come from body every time please suggest treatment.
I have gall (Pitt) disease which comes from excess of sweat in my body. I want to know why it happens and which kind of allergy is this? give suggestion to get rid of this disease.
Dhat syndrome is a common issue in the Indian subcontinent where males become anxious about semen loss. This disorder has been linked with the Hindu beliefs and mythology where semen is regarded as a vital fluid in the body. Thus, any semen loss by nocturnal emission or masturbation can subject the affected person to semen loss anxiety.
What are the common symptoms of Dhat syndrome?
The symptoms of this disorder are the lack of physical strength, poor concentration, forgetfulness, guilt, and (in some cases) sexual dysfunction, fatigue, and appetite loss. This disorder has been traced back to the ancient Hindu mythology, where it was said that semen loss could have a devastating effect on the human body.
Why is it common among Indian men?
Doctors have described this as a symptom where the person is influenced by the information he gathers from around his environment. Most people with this disorder belong to the lower socio-economic strata with conservative traditional attitudes towards sex. Results show that most of the patients with 'Dhat' Syndrome symptoms are also affected by somatoform disorder (mental illness that causes bodily pain), anxiety and depression which are all mind related disorders.
It is common in India due to the fact that there are a large number of people from the lower socio-economic strata who hold on to traditional beliefs about sex. The information they obtain about this disorder from their traditional sources creates anxiety in their mind. Moreover, the Indian culture comprises many widely spread myths and misconceptions which are conveyed over generations. This adds up with lack of awareness and limited communication among family members about the condition to generate anxiety about semen loss, a major symptom of the condition.
How to handle this issue?
In modern age and science, we do not consider it is any disease or issue, but still many Indian men continue to suffer from this so called Dhat syndrome and seek treatment as well medical advice. But the role of treating physician and sexual therapist is to reassure and counsel the patient, that no serious harm will happen from this trivial loss of semen during nocturnal emission or masturbation.