Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mangaiyar KarasiYour feedback matters!
My daughter 1 years old is having night time sleeping problem, after 2 or 3 hours of sleeping she'l woke up and fuss around trying to get back to sleep even after I breastfed her, she can't easily sleep again (take lots of time to go back to sleep. This happens on and on till morning these days. Please help.
My new born baby is 5 days old and he has tsh: 178.201 t3: 93.67 t4: 4.74, Can you please let me k ow the complications in the future and the medications to be used, please let me know if it is of any serious as I am really worried.
Hello, my baby is 3 days old. He born on 36th week of pregnancy and his weight during birth is less than 2 kg. Doctors have kept him under observation. He is been given antibiotic for respiratory problem. Now doctor has informed that the baby's stomach bloat after milk. Motion and urine is alright. They have suggested for further care under Neonatal ICU to understand the issue correctly. What can be the problem? Any recommendations would be helpful.
My baby is 1 year old and her weight is 6.7 KG only, as she is active, she play well, nothing have history problem also nothing have any illness still weight not gain. Is this a worry subject or is there any other thing I need to do, please suggest.
I have 3 months old baby he is not getting enough milk. My milk supply is slow and very less. please tell me what to do. Even I am taking lactare capsules 2 per day.
At the point when your child is around six months old, you can acquaint him with a variety of foods. Giving your child a solid, balanced diet will guarantee he has the vitamins and supplements he/she needs to develop.
Do not get into the easy trap of feeding junk to make the kids happy. Never give your child foods that are high in sugar or salt. These foods are low in vital supplements and it's easy for your child to feel full after eating them, leaving less space for healthy meals.
So which foods and drinks should you limit as your baby grows?
Below is the list of the worst foods to feed your child.
1. Crisps and Crackers: Crisps and crackers are typically high in salt. Babies require just a little measure of salt: under 1g (0.4g sodium) a day until they are 12 months old. Your child's kidneys can't adapt to more salt than this, so it’s best to avoid crisps and crackers.
2. Fizzy Drinks: These beverages come with zero health benefits, and their acidic nature can harm your infant's developing teeth. Also some fizzy beverages contain caffeine, which can make your child jittery and disturb his/her sleeping patterns, giving him/her a headache as a result.
All your infant needs to drink is milk. Likewise, sugary beverages are high in calories, and can make your child overweight in toddlerhood, if given to him/her regularly.
3. Fruit Juice: Fruit juice may sound like something very healthy. However, it's advised not to give your infant fruit juice for the same reason as you should avoid soft drinks and sodas. Fruit juices are high in natural sugars and are acidic, which means they can harm your infant's teeth.
Water and breastmilk are the most suitable beverages for your infant until he's one year old.
Milk contains essential minerals and vitamins, for example, calcium, vitamin B2, and vitamin B12, which are essential for your baby’s proper growth and development.
4. Sweets and Chocolates: High sugar foods such as desserts and chocolates means are best avoided. Sugar creates acid in your child’s mouth and attacks his enamel, causing cavities and consequently tooth decay.
However, if you want to give your child sweets, feed them to him/her during meal time. The amount of saliva in the mouths increases while eating a meals. Saliva, being a natural antiseptic, neutralises the effects of the enamel attacking acid produced by these sugary delights.
My baby is 8 month old. He only take lactose free milk (powder milk) whenever we have tried the normal milk then after about 20 minutes he do potty. He is not able to digest the normal milk. My question is that when can he be able to digest the normal milk because I dont want to continue the lactose free milk as its not nutritious.?
Loving our children in a real way:
- Loving my daughter/son comes so easily when
- She/he wins a competition,
- Gets high marks,
- Listens to me,
- Keeps her room clean,
- Finishes her food,
- Pays attention while studying,
- Sleeps on time,
- Never raises her voice and
- Practices dance/singing/drawing without me reminding her.
That's the easy way to love.
However when I look back at my childhood I realize that the moments I really wanted love badly were when
- I scored less marks,
- Failed in a competition,
- Couldn't fall asleep,
- Didn't feel like studying,
- Wanted to laze around,
- Didn't finish the tiffin,
- Didn't complete homework,
- Forgot an important assignment,
- Fought with a friend,
- Had a heartbreak,
- Committed a mistake,
- Felt guilty,
- Felt lonely.
These were the moments when I needed my parents the most, I needed their assurance that it is okay to be human, to fall, to get hurt and what I wanted to listen in those moments was" I know it hurts, but i'm here with you. Maybe we can't do anything about what happened, but i'm here with you. And I love you for what you are, always"
This is real and unconditional way to love!
Yes I wanted to hear" I love you" loud and clear. It was the only thing that could heal my heart. Love!
It's the moments when we lose control of ourselves that we want someone to hold us, isn't it? you don't need to be perfect. Just be real!
Do you chose love the easy way or the real, unconditional way?
Today no matter what your child does, choose love and see how it heals you as a parent.