Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mangaiyar Karasi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mangaiyar KarasiYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, please suggest the zentel suspension dosage for 18 months baby, 5 yr old and 9 yr old. They don't have any problem as such, just the doctor had asked to deworm atleast once a year and I don't remember the dosage. Also my 5 yr old daughter bites her nails, very thin but a active child, kindly sugggest.
My 2 Months baby boy taking bottle feeding(Mother Milk not coming).He is taking NanPro1(Suggested by Doctor). Right now we are using only D3 drops. Some times he is feeling uneasy, is there any medicine for digestion. Please suggest me
Hi. My baby is just 15 days old ans she got contact dermatitis on her face as well as on whole body. Can I use soframycin for this treatment as prescribed by a skin specialist?
Oliade oil can use, How many month's for babies it's can continue for long period it's a mediated oil it for save for long period.
Namaste sir, I am very sad, my problem is I have a daughter. She is not eating n not drink milk so she very weak. I don't understand what I Do. please help me sir if you suggest me for any medicine or tonic please suggest sir. What can I use any tonic please suggest me for best tonic to my daughter. I love my doll n I can't see hath jod k prarthna karta hu aap sab se koi suggestion ho mere liye to please bataye sir, she is two year old. N weight is 8.7 kg. Hight 2 ft 3" hai. please plz advise me your suggestions.
Dear sir, I have one baby child.She is 14th Month old,but she has not teeth,and his weight 6.5KG onl...
My 1.8 years old baby has suddenly stopped eating everything (dalia, sooji, khichdi chapatti, paratha, etc) which she used to eat earlier. It has almost been one month now. Also from past 3-4 days she is having fever which goes after giving pacimol. Also I am seeing her urine colour yellow from 3-4 days. Please help me what could be the possible reason for her not eating and her ongoing fever.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.