Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ManasaYour feedback matters!
Dear doc I ve been suffering from front teeth pain for a week now since the moment I ate pickle n then soft drink. May be teeth sore. I am nw taking meds prescribed by my dentist for gum swelling once upon a time. But I do not feel betterment. Doing mouth wash. And rubbing metrogyl on gums. It giving temporary relief bt pain same. Could you please sugest wat I can follow as the visit to see doc aint any near. Thank you 4 your support.
Hello Sir I have teeth problem my 3 teeth damage and one is started .i have no money my treatment .i have available TTK card . You accepted card.
My jaw often locks and than there is only a limited mouth opening and after some time it starts opening with a clicking and popping sound. What should I do?
Everyday when I brush my teeth I see blood while spitting and it has been happening for a few weeks now bit worried bout it and want to know what is it that's causing it and how to stop my gums from bleeding?
I am suffering from pain in molar teeth of right side and also in lower side of jaw so can you please suggest me what to do.
Leave it with lemon hot water. My big doubt is about hot water taken regularly after food and between Free Time too. Is it any issues for my teeth.
My mother is aged about 78 years. For the past 4 years she suffers from mouth dryness. She is not sufficiently getting the saliva and also in regular form. She was taking allopathic treatment for knee pain for about 15 ~ 30 days of ultracet tablet. Is that because of any pain reliever tablet. Could you please suggest any treatment which can cure permanently the mouth dryness issue.
Hello doctor, I am Rana Mukherjee from Bolpur shantiniketan. I am 22 years old and suffering dental problem from last 8 years. I have visited lots of repeated doctors, already done 5 r. C. T. But no R.C.T was for life long, every year I have depended 20000 thousand for my teeth. No results. Now I still have dental problems doctor who I have visited those days they are saying its genetically. But no one in my house with this problem. Now I have 12 weak teeth. And all the R.C.T teeth have same problem still. Hard pain, bad smell all time with teeth muscle pain. I am weak in english but tried to express my feelings. Hope you can help me out.
Hello, I am 23, female. I was told that I have anosmia. I lost my sense of smell gradually from the age of 15 onwards. I have undergone ct scan, the doctor said there were little polyps and gave me spray duonase. I have undergone septoplasty with bilateral fess to treat septum deviation because the doctor thought that anosmia was due to this. It has not restored my smelling power. Please help.
Hi sir my hsv 1+2 igg is > 30* positive and hsv 1+2 igm is 0.500 equivocal what I do sr my hiv vdrl hbsag hcv negative their any cure of hsv infection or hsv is life treating problem and does I need my wife hsv test also I have a 4 month child does they need hsv test and there any chance of my result is false positive pl pl suggest also I am suffering from vit d and vit 12 deficiency and high uric acid pl pl help what I do please sir whose Dr. I see their hsv any cure or its life treating.
I am feeling watering mouth. I feel difficulty in swallowing. I am also feeling tastelessness. What are the reasons and remedy.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.
I am suffering with mouth ulcers trice in a every month. I used bplex forte tab twice a day. Still I suffering with same problem. So please give me a solution for this.
I have problem in my gums, bleeding while brushing. My tooth became yellowish a little. please give me any suggestion in order to get rid of this problem. And please suggest me a toothpaste which can whiten my tooth. Thanks.
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.