Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mahalingam SYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old and I have paeriya in my mouth give some solution please Its happen from 9 months.
I have pain in my right side teeth. I also concerned with doctor but I did not get any relief. What should I do?
I got out sliva from mouth when I'm sleeping. Iski kya wjh Ho skti hai aur aisa rokne K liye mujhe kya Karna chahiye?
I am Hyper Tension Patient for the past 10 years. Recently, though I am taking normal food, I am feeling burning sensation of entire mouth, because of it unable to take sufficient food. Presently the following medicines I am taking regularly for Hypertension as well as for body strength, - Metlor XR-50 daily one -Calcigard Retard 10 Daily Two ( Morning and evening one Tablet) -Lycogran Vitamin & Mineral Capsule Daily Once -Zecol 40 (Calcium Citrate Malate, Vitamin D and Isoflavone Tablet - Daily once My Age 63 years and I feel that the taste buds on the tongue might have reduced. Kindly suggest me How I can overcome this problem and suggest me medicine for the same.
I have been suffering from teeth pain since a week their is a hole in my teeth n it is paining hardly it's bacteria. So pls help me out.
Feel pain in my wisdom teeth what can I do its feel like pumping blood in inner part of gum and feel pain.
I am having tooth bleeding problem. Last month I had visited a dentist for same problem, the dentist had prescribed me Rexidin-M forte gel. For the next 1 week there was no bleeding but later it started bleeding again. I am facing the bleeding problem not only after brushing teeth, it starts bleeding any time. Please help me to fix the bleeding problem.
My teeth are yellow even if I brush daily. I have tried toothpastes but yellowness does not reduce. Please prescribe me some good toothpaste for this problem. Also tell if there is any other remedy for it. Thanks in advance.
I am 37 years old man with two front tooth right at the centre having cavity. I got filling down twice but not after five months of filling. It is paining and it is also bit discoloured after filling like prominent white. Suggest good treatment.
I have throat infection since 1 month. Irritation cough with mucus. Redness behind pharynx wall. Palate also affected. Some time ear itching inside cavity. No fever and chill. And no history of lymph enlarged. Pain in upper later side of neck. Pls doctor give me perfect diagnosis. Help me. I have already take azithromycin but not effective. Give me solution.
A root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth. The procedure involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it and then filling and sealing it. The common causes affecting the pulp are a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, repeated dental treatment to the tooth or trauma. The term "root canal" comes from cleaning of the canals inside the tooth's root.
Millions of teeth are treated and saved each year with root canal, or endodontic, treatment. Learn more about root canal treatment and how it can relieve your tooth pain and save your smile.
A root canal procedure begins with an X-ray to determine the shape of the root canals and whether the infection has spread to the adjoining bone.
Local anesthesia is then administered to numb the affected area.
A rubber sheet is then placed around the tooth to keep the area and prevent it from the saliva.
A hole is then drilled in the affected tooth, following which the decayed pulp and nerve tissues are removed.
The removal is done by using root canal files which are inserted into the hole and then used to scrape and scrub the insides of the tooth.
After the scraping, water is used to clean and flush out the debris.
After the tooth is cleaned, it is sealed after administering medications to prevent infection.
The sealing process involves filling the inner portion of the teeth by a rubber based compound and a sealer paste.
Modern endodontic treatment is very similar to having a routine filling and usually can be completed in one or two appointments, depending on the condition of your tooth and your personal circumstances. You can expect a comfortable experience during and after your appointment.
Saving the natural tooth with root canal treatment has many advantages:
Normal biting force and sensation
Protects other teeth from excessive wear or strain
Once the surgery is done, the tooth may become sensitive due to inflammation of the tissues for the first few days.
This pain and inflammation can be limited by pain medications such as ibuprofen.
It is advised to avoid any chewing by the affected teeth as it can slow down the repair process. You can brush and floss your teeth regularly.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I'm having elevated teeth bulging out of my lips at upper row. I have put braces already in age of 17 but I can't continue it due to some reasons. So it came out again. Can I put braces again? is there any problem in future? please clear me with price. I need cheap and best clinic to put brace. Thanks.
4 year back I meet with an accident The results of accident was my first and second molar teeth are broken (like half broken) I only have half first molar and half second moral teeth Now at present from 2 days I am having severe tooth pain only in left parts ((upper jaw and lower jaw)) of the teeth My teeth are white but in that broken area it's fully yellow colour -->>i am using pain killer now 1.tab Augmentin 625 mg (6) Twice daily 2. Zerodol so (6) Twice daily 3.metrogyl 400 mg Twice daily When I have visit a dentist he suggests me to go for root canal He suggests me the treatment plan like doctor (language) | | 6 -------------------- | | But I want to get root canal done after 2 months He said me it's cost (10000 RS )for root canal For only one teeth Can I go for root canal after 2 months or it should be done immediately? And even if there any doctors charge's less let me Know I will visit you presently I stay in Durgapur ,west Bengal.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.