Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. M.SubramaniamYour feedback matters!
I am 20years old and I get lower back pain I've tried several exercises ointments etc. But still could not find any change. Help me with it.
I have pain in my knee from last 5 years please tell something about it and how to cure it with home remedies Thank you.
I, am 38 male i, ve pain at dorsal and i, ve cystitis I long ago suffer by typhoid what should I do?
Hello I'm 22 years male. My echo, tmt and lipid profile are normal. I have left arm pain and this pain go on back on shoulder. So witch type of this pain.
I am 33 yrs old male and I am having back ache and tail bone ache from past 3 months. Please help and suggest.
I have suffered with obesity but my food style is normal and I dont have thyroid problem and I have back pain also what should I do?
I had a back pain I used a pain relief tablets n ointment. From couple of days but it's not reducing the pain What should I do.
My wife has a continuously pain in her leg joints. We had used copper contraceptive after 1 child. Is it reaction of that copper.
I am suffering from c3 c4 & c5 cervical bulge, does it cause chest pain and paliptaions. I checked heart, it shows normal. Then why paliptaions and chest pain.
I am having pain in back of my neck from last 4 days. I have taken combiflam as pain killer but no relief. Now pain is increased to back of head. please suggest some solutions.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
1. You will experience pain even while resting
2. There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
3. You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
4. The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
5. You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
1. Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
2. Lifting heavy things
3. Exercising without a proper warm up routine
4. Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
5. Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
6. Not stretching properly
7. Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
1. Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
2. Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
3. Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
4. Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.