Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M.SelvarajYour feedback matters!
I'm very afraid speaking with girls not even as friends because I'm absent minded I don't give acknowledge (hii, bye).is there any non medicines available. Help me I am 20 years old. Not only with young girls. Near by my home aslo one aunt directly said to my mother he won't response one day he wishes and one day not in very informal way. please help me.
Sir I am doing bsc microbiology. But sir collage atmosphere irritated means the boyfriend n girlfriend. So I not focusing in ma study. Please help me sirrr.
I am experiencing chest pain, discomfort on left side (front and back chest, and left upper arm). So far, doctors have performed Echo (clear, no issues indicated), TMT (when the technician stopped it, it showed Max HR 152 bpm 83% of max predicted 179 bpm. Max BP 160/100. Remarks say -" Good effort tolerance. No Angina or Arrhythmia. No Significant ST-T changes found), Endoscopy (didn't show any ulcers or any issues, normal mucosa), and Ultrasound scan of abdomen (only issue as per report is Fatty Liver measuring 17.5 cms). However, I have been to emergency room 4 times during last 1 month due to chest pain, sweating, etc. Everytime, they did ECG and Troponin tests and then sent me home after giving Pantoprazole injection. Doctor says I don't have any heart related condition. According to him, I have" Non-ulcer Dyspepsia" that is being worsened by my anxiety and panic. He has suggested - Pantodac DSR (twice a day), Atorvastatin 10 mg (at night), and Alprazolam 0.25 (at night). My cardiologist says that since TMT and Echo were normal, there is no possibility of a heart attack. I asked him whether I should undergo any further tests like CT Angiography to rule out any blockages etc. He told me very clearly that I am panicking for no reason and I should consult a psychiatrist. He says that my pain is result of anxiety and panic. I tried explaining to him that I do get anxiety and panic but it happens after I get chest pain, sweating, and breathlessness. What to do now? Should I consult another cardiologist? Is a clear TMT indicator that there is no risk of a heart attack? Is a clear Echo indicator that there are no other heart issues?
I am a Principal of 47 years. I come in depression very soon. I can not make faithful teachers for my school. Most of the teachers do not like me. I never bhave rudely with my teachers. I talk dearly with them. But no no teacher follow mem. Most of them criticize me, Please make me successful Principal. My students.
My memorizing power is going down and I'm continuously losing my hearing power as doctors are saying that by inner ear bone getting harder. What should I do to get confirm remedy.
Hello, I am a 23 year old Engineering student. I am not sure what to do with my life. I definitely feel that I'm not good at engineering, this thought has made me so frustrated that it has resulted in the failure in my academics. All of my friends are graduated and are doing something with their lives and here I am alone and going nowhere. I'm frustrated and sometimes I even feel like I should just die cause engineering is not my cup of tea but the thought of my family ceases me to do. What should I do?
My son who is 13 years old and there is a problem with him is, he takes some time to speak the words. Pls advice what should I do to cure him. Can he speaks fluently in future.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
I am 36 years old male and my Testosterone level is very low i.e: 166.53 ng/dl. I have taken homeopathy treatment for approx. 5 months but my Testosterone level could not improved. I am facing serious problem low energy level, sexual weakness, no libido and change in my behavior getting short tempered. Pls suggest what treatment I can take for above problem and also natural diet which increases Testosterone level. Thanks.
Is neurotherapy or neurofeedback could correct autism? of course, occupational therapy is suggested everywhere. I want to confirm about neurotherapy benefits in curing central nervous system disorders like autism. My son, 8 and 1/2 years old, still not able to talk a full sentence, mingle with the kids and academically many issues. Occupational therapy is continuous but relatively very slow progress on my son. Please let me know any patient who have benefitted by neurotherapy. Regards,
my son is 20 years old and studying B. Tech 3rd year now. He was very soft and cute upto the age of 16 years. However, during college days and till now his behavior is changed a lot. He is always likes to spent with friends, not focusing on studies, more anger, irritated. Due to this, I am disturbed a lot and some times shouts on him. In general, he is very innocent. Because of the friends, he is neglecting studies and careless. Please advice what kind of measures to be taken with my son to bring back to normal.
I am 37. I am suffering from hyper sexuality right from my childhood. I feel extreme orgasm 2 to 3 times a day automatically and then I have to masturbate to calm myself otherwise I can't continue my work. This problem has totally ruined my life as I feel extreme anger after all this unwanted situations. Because of this I have also faced depression and anxiety episode in my past. Once I saw a show namely" sex sent me to er" on tlc channel where a lady was suffering with similar problems and was found that all this unwanted orgasm was because of bipolar disorder and she was then cured. Please help me to get rid of this problem.
My wife is creating problems for small small things n I have given more love but she is playing drama n vil cry for everything. Even I have not done anything to wrong her. I don't no y she is doing like this for me. Please give me suggestion.
What should I do if I know someone who appears to have all of the symptoms of a serious mental disorder?
Sir I am doing smoking is their any way to quet smoking please tell me sir. And also I have abdominal problem give me ans plz.
I was suffering from cold intolerance this summers. Now I feel little better. But I got my test done and found that my insulin levels are low and sugar is also low. Sugar = 74 and lnsulil 1.16.plz tell me what is this condition. I am also suffering from anxiety and I can't sleep at night. please help.
I got many failures in my life. Now, I don't feel to do much in my life. However I want to become very successful in my life. I hear noises of people who has given me taunts in the past. What should I do? I am under psychiatrist treatment since 2013.
If your child is suffering from mental retardation, homeopathy can help. A system of complementary medicine, homeopathy works on the dictum of ‘like treats like’. It is able to treat some of the toughest disorders and illnesses that allopathy finds hard to contain.
Mental retardation: Definition
- Mental retardation is a blanket term for a pattern of persistently slow learning of basic motor and language milestones during childhood.
- The adult manifests a below-normal intellectual capacity too.Such people have an intelligence quotient (IQ) of 70 or below.
- They usually have developmental disabilities, developmental delay, or learning difficulties.
These signs should alert parents and spur them to see a doctor-
- If your child learns to sit up, to crawl, or to walk later than other children
- Trouble speaking and forming words, remembering things, and having trouble understanding social rules
- Trouble solving problems
- Trouble thinking logically
What needs to be made clear is that poor academic performance by itself is not a sign of mental retardation. It can be due to multifarious reasons like behaviour problems.
Causes of mental retardation
- Down syndrome and Fragile X syndrome are the most common genetic causes of mental retardation.
- Problems during pregnancy and birth
- Rubella infection in pregnant mother
- Iodine deficiency in mothers
- Malnutrition is a common cause of reduced intelligence in children.
Here are some homoeopathic remedies for the treatment of mental retardation. All you have to keep in mind is to treat this article as a guide and take medicines only under the guidance of a certified and trained homeopath.
- Abrotanum: This remedy works when your child shows marked emaciation of legs, has ageing, flabby, and loose skin, and he cannot hold up his head.
- Baryta carb: This homeopathy remedy is very effective in treating cretinism which is marked by a dwarfish appearance, mental retardation, with swollen abdomen, puffy face, enlarged glands, thick lips and short stature. Such children also show delayed milestones like learning to walk and speak.
- Calcarea carb: When your child presents symptoms like obesity, a chalky look with red face, large belly, large head, pale skin, soft bones, increased sweating, mental slowness, de¬layed skills-walking, talking, etc., this remedy is indicated.
- Medorrinum: The remedy is prescribed by homeopaths when your child presents symptoms like dullness and sluggishness, extreme forgetfulness, imbecility, impatience, irritability, difficulty in concentration etc. The remedy is very good for treating delusions, hallucinations, and illusions.
There are other things that you as a parent can do to help your intellectually disabled child like learn everything you can about intellectual disabilities. This way you can guide your child to live a near-normal life successfully. Also get your child involved in group activities like art classes, drawing etc. This will help him learn social skills and become more independent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.