Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. M.SelvarajYour feedback matters!
Am 19 years girl and am doing my engineering 2 nd year I was very good at studies till my pu but now my grade decreasing day by day pls tell me how to improve my concentration. And memory power.
I am having a back pain near neck its about 4-5 days but still its paining. My exams are going on I am not concentrating on my studies so help me from this. Thank you.
Hi, I am feeling very depressed from past few months, I'm thinking very much on ,how to make more money and comparing with others.
Hi Dr. My mother is 47 years old nd unki puri body p sui jaisa chubhti h, puri body p chote chote diane, sun exposure m unki body dark red ho jati h, bht itching bhi hoti h, mood swings, body m pain specially lower body, shez having periods at n interval of two three months nd pain bhi bht zyda hota h also she has got stress factor too plzz suggest me the resn nd medicine fr the same.
Is smoking once a day harmful? I was a chain smoker 3 years back but now due to stress I feel like again starting it. So is it safe if I smoke only once a day?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder that causes anxiety. It is also called as anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of this disorder are uncontrollable, unpleasant thoughts, which are continuing. OCD causes the mind to get stuck on a specific thought or inclination. For instance, you may repeat a task forty times to ensure that it has been done properly. You will not be able to get it out of your mind. OCD is characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior patterns.
Some obsessive thoughts include:
- The fear of being defiled by germs or soil and also of contaminating others.
- The fear of losing control and hurting yourself or others.
- Having sexual or brutal thoughts on the mind.
- Extreme focus and devotion to religion and religious activities.
- A sense of fear of losing or not having things you need.
- Having the assumption that everything would go fine.
- The person will become very superstitious.
Some compulsive behavior patterns include:
- Inordinate double checking on things like locks, apparatuses and switches.
- Over and over monitoring of friends and family to ensure they're safe.
- Counting in the head, mumbling nonsense words without meaning.
- Devoting a lot of time for washing and cleaning.
- Praying without reason and taking part in religious ceremonies.
- Accumulating junk material.
Here are some common ways to deal with OCD:
- Regular exercise: Exercise is the best natural remedy to prevent anxiety, which leads to OCD. Exercise checks your OCD symptoms. It makes your nerves stronger and hence you can focus your mind out of obsessive thoughts by yourself, when they arrive. Get at least thirty minutes of exercise regularly.
- Connect with friends and family: Social isolation is one of the common early symptoms of OCD. Social isolation can lead to OCD as well. Therefore, you must always stay connected to your friends and family so that you never get lonely and anti-social. Share everything with family.
- Sleep sufficiently: Lack of sleep or troubled sleep may lead to anxiety disorders. You need to sleep enough to be away from obsessive thoughts.
- Perform relaxation techniques: Simple practices like yoga, meditation, pranayama help you grow spiritually, relax your mind and keeps OCD away from you.
- Tackle your fears: Instead of avoiding fearful thoughts, let them flow and tackle them face to face. This will help you overcome the fear. Adopt measures so that you can focus on other things and ignore the obsessive thoughts. Distract yourself away from the obsession.
OCD is a harmful disorder, and you should take all measures possible to keep away from it.