Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. M. MalalappanYour feedback matters!
In 2008 I was suffering from anxiety disorder and my psychiatrist suggest me paxidep 37.5 for 5 years, after 5 years when he decreased the dose from 37.5 to 25 I again feeling frustrated so he advised me take it one more year same dose. After one year same problem arise, my question is that I am taking this medicine from last 8 years which is affecting my sexual life as side effect, how I can leave this medicine? I am doing night shift from last 8 years and drink on weekend.
I am 50 years old. My memory power and brain is very weak. Is there any suitable medicine which can increase the efficiency of brain.
Sir/madam, my son is 13 years old and for the past 6 months he is behaving very rudly, roughly, getting irretated for even small things also. Is it a desease. How he will become normal. Please Advise me. Thanking you sir.
Is memory loss always a part of aging? How much loss is considered normal? How much exercise do people over age 50 really need? Is osteoarthritis a part of aging, and is there a way to reduce risks, even after age 50? Do sleep needs change as we age? How much sleep do we need after age 50?
I'm in a relation. Even then I tend to get infatuated by other girls. I can hold myself back, but for the moment I remain totally lost. I myself have no idea as to why I am doing such things. At the end I always end up hurting the people I love. And simultaneously have no answer for the one I am infatuated by. I really feel ashamed of myself. As I believe that I have no intentions to hurt anyone and neither do I want to fall into any kind of trouble. Unfortunately I always end up doing the opposite. Recently I have hurt my best friend. And I am sure I can't explain the proper reason to her, ever. Please help. In a dire state.
Whom do you choose the psychiatrist or a psychologist? How do you know who is the appropriate for you? How to choose the best psychologist or a psychiatrist for you?
Exams are really tough times for most students irrespective of the level of their preparation. It is natural to get anxious before and during the exam time. Anxiety is a natural state in which people are either uneasy or fearful, depending on the situation that is making them anxious.
Generally, students suffer from anxiety and fear when exam time approaches:
- Forms of ailment: Depending on the medical studies conducted throughout the world, anxiety is divided into the following types:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: People suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder usually feel nervous and anxious. They even experience fear in conducting routine tasks and worry a lot about the same. Students suffering from this anxiety tend to worry a lot during exam time even after knowing that they are fully prepared to take the exam. Usually, the sufferers here are unable to control their worrying.
- Phobias: Phobia refers to the feeling of excessive fear for any particular thing or object or action. Phobia clearly interferes with the normal functioning of the individual and causes the sudden flow of adrenaline through his or her body. People suffering from any kind of phobia tend to avoid the cause or reason for their fear. Students mostly suffer from social phobias when it comes to exams and their performance.
- Panic Disorder: Panic Disorders are characterized by quick and intense fear. People suffering from this kind of anxiety disorder are prone to experience panic attacks - the situation that involves periods of intense fear and discomfort along with rapid heartbeat, nausea, shortness of breath and dizziness. Panic Disorder causes its sufferers to develop the anxiety of having panic attacks which further increases the problem.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: People suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder usually feel compelled to act in a certain way which doesn't appear normal to others. The kind of obsessions people feel due to this ailment include checking if a door is locked repeatedly or washing hands again and again, and so on.
Students usually suffer from generic anxiety disorders before and during the exam. An apt amount of anxiety leads to great results as it makes the person serious about his or her goals and focus on the same.
Anxiety is something that everyone suffers from at one or the other point in their life. The levels of suffering can be different from person to person. The major symptoms of anxiety are listed below:
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness and unsteadiness
- Trembling or shaking
- Heart palpitations
- Hot flushes or chills
- Fear of going out of control
- Nausea and abdominal distress
Homoeopathy provides amazing treatment in the form of drugs for anxiety and phobia. There are multiple drugs in Homoeopathy for treating anxiety, some of which are listed below. Students can go for any of them and get rid of the exam fear so that they can perform well in their exams:
- Aconitum Napellus
- Arsenicum Album
- Argentum Nitricum
- Ignatia Amara