Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M. MalalappanYour feedback matters!
Depression is a mental state which is not easily identified in its early stages; it is evident only when the symptoms become obvious. You may overlook it as a passing phase, and assume it to be normal. The people around you may also get used to the symptoms and accommodate accordingly. This can make the identification of depression even more complicated. Homeopathic treatments are entirely natural and do not carry any side effects. They are holistic treatments that get rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms of depression. The various homeopathic remedies for depression are:
- For anxiety related depression: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy that is used in the treatment of anxiety. The symptoms that it is used to treat are the ones, which occur suddenly and make you extremely pessimistic. For acute panic attacks, this medicine is very effective. Some other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety are Argentum Nitricum and Arsenic album.
- For depression in teenagers: Kali phos is a very effective homeopathic remedy for treating depression in teenagers, the causes of which are usually hormonal changes and high levels of stress. In some cases, depression may also be triggered by genetic factors. Ignatia is also used to treat depression in teenagers.
- Stress related depression: Kali phos is used to treat stress-related depression. It also helps in treating fatigue with homeopathy.
- Insomnia that results from depression: To remedy insomnia resulting from depression, you can opt for Kali Phos and Coffea Cruda.
- Severe depression: If the symptoms of depression are very severe and include suicidal tendencies, Aurum Metallicum may be recommended.
- Depression resulting from menopause: It is common for a woman to undergo a phase(s) of depression during menopause. The homeopathic remedies that are used in the treatment of this condition are Lachesis and sepia.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This type of disorder usually occurs during the winter season. The treatment for this disorder is prescribed after a proper diagnosis of the symptoms. Ignatia is a remedy that is usually recommended.
I am 23 years old my prblm. Is when I study my concentration is soo lose I am not study well please hep mi and suggest mi help mi plz.
I am taking medicine of depression and fits which controlled it in good manner but due to these medicine, my weight is increasing and hair white and hair falling problems also effects me. Also having constipation problem from last 8 years. Please give me solutions of all these problems because doctor told me that these medicine can't stop. My age is 36 years and weight is 130 kg. Please help me.
Present I am 24 year old. I am smoking. Last 4 year onwords. I need to stop smoking. Please give suggestions. To quite smoking.
I am high bp patient but since last four month my bp is in can notrol. Last night I took alcohol (2 beer). I have pulse around 110. Is it ok for me?
Hi I am suffering anxiety panic attacks from the last 2 yrs. My weight is also increasing .i am on ashwagandha rt now.
What to eat to completely stop thyroid medicines at the age of 35 after Dr. consultantWhat to eat how to eat to stop stress related tablets I.e Lamico OD, Clonotril 0.25,q mind After Dr. consultation.
Why is that,I have thought which have never happened or I feel it has happened and the people involved have a different story. Also meaning of word I remember are drastically varying.what is the problem with me
I am 21 years old. I have lot of stage fear. Once I stand on stage for presentation my hands and legs start shivering. How to avoid this.
M having patches im my head. Hair loss is also too much. doctor said its alopecia doses. Bt those patches are getting bigger nd bigger day by day what should I do Should I goto allopathy treatment. Is their any diet to be followed. I do smoke a lot a packet a day.
Hi doc. My symptoms are always dehydrated, Difficulty getting up each morning, even after a long sleep, Inability to handle stress, Higher energy levels in the evenings. A weakened immune system that gives me cold, headache, fever frequently. Lower back pain, Frequent urination if I drink water to control dehydration, Joint pain, Can't control emotions or feelings eg: high tension feeling any time, I do exercise but abdomen is always looks like balloon, and gives joint pain and feels so lazy after exercise, I searched internet for this condition and all symptoms related to adrenal fatigue please give some advice to cure this.
I am feeling like vomiting n sometimes vomit too. Wen I get nervous or get stressed or get extremely happy or extremely sad I feel like vomiting. Before giving presentation I also feel d same. How to stop it? Dis fear z stopping me to participate in any competition. please help me sir or mam.
Hey Dr. I am facing ocd and I have very unreal and intrusive thoughts which I cannot overcome although I know that they are false and deceptive. Please suggest me some measures which should probably be a natural one.
Depression is a genuine condition that affects the brain. Anyone experiencing depression will let you know, that it is not “just in your head”. Depression is more than simply feeling down. It is a serious sickness brought about by changes in the brain’s science.
A lot of factors add to it including hereditary qualities changes in hormone levels, certain restorative conditions, stress, sorrow or troublesome life conditions. Depression can be caused by many factors. In spite of the fact that researchers think that depression is a brain issue; the verbal confrontation tells us about correct causes. Many factors may add to the problem of depression, including hereditary qualities, changes in hormone levels, certain therapeutic diseases, stress, pain, or substance abuse. Any of these factors alone or together can tell the particular changes in the brain’s science that lead to the numerous signs of depression.
Some of the treatments for depression are as follows:
- Workout: General exercise can be as important as taking medications for depression. Not just exercise helps serotonin, endorphins, and other great happiness chemicals, it triggers the development of new brain cells just like antidepressants do.
- The right kind of food: Eating right is critical for both your physical and psychological well-being. Eating little but around six meals a day can help you keep your energy up and minimise state of mood swings. While you might be attracted to sugary foods for the brisk help they give, complex starches are a better decision.
- Rest: Rest strongly affects the state of mind. When you do not get enough rest, your depressive side effects will be more terrible. Lack of sleep leads to irritation, gloom, pity, and tiredness. Make sure that you are getting enough rest every night. Not many individuals do well if they sleep for less than seven hours a night.
- Social support: Solid informal organisations decrease detachment, which is a key hazard figure for depression. Stay in touch with loved ones, or think about joining a class or a group therapy. Volunteering is a magnificent approach to get social support and help other people while additionally helping yourself.
- Stress decrease: Roll out improvements throughout your life to overcome and diminish stress. An excessive amount of stress leads to depression and puts you at risk for future breakdowns.
- Relaxing techniques: Relaxing systems may decrease stress and support sentiments of satisfaction and prosperity. Attempt yoga, deep breathing, dynamic muscle relaxation and meditation.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture, the method of using fine needles on particular points on the body for remedial reasons, is progressively being explored as a treatment for depression, with some examinations demonstrating promising outcomes. In case that you choose to attempt acupuncture, ensure that you locate an authorised specialist.