Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. M.D. SelvamYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, My diet for last 1 month has changed to a diet contains regular milk, whole grains like chapathi's trans fiber related food. I am feeling dizziness .My body is shaking head is shaking and I feel I might be drop down some where. I don't understand whats happening to my body though I am taking rich diet.
My daughter and my wife are facing acute congestion problem for last few days, daughter has recovered almost completely, however my wife still has soar throat and jut not getting any relief, today I am also down with fever and heavy soar throat and congestion, please advice.
Hello Doctor, I am having throat pain from past 5 days. Along with running nose and cough. Coughing and sneezing is also there. I have not taken any medicine yet. What should I do? Please advice.
Doctor I am not feeling well from 3 days, I mam feeling like heat is being produced from my internal body, and feeling head ache and eye pain, and throat ache. I am under medication, medicines are Valance OD 250, Lonazep MD 0.5 and Pratham 500. So please doctor guide me well, I want to cure.
My friend he is 23 years old male has bleeding in his nose nearly 4 times in this past 6 months can I now is it a serious problem or not please guide?
I have allergy that is my nose always have nasal especially in early morning. And when ever I go fo outside abd sneezing occurs. Tell me why is this and how can b controlled.
Hello doctor, my ear is somewhat blocked like nose get blocked in Cold. I feel like the upper and lower surface of my ear are sticking and then i'm pulling my ear up and down to avoid that. It generally happens in the weather of rain and Cold even in the air condition sometimes Please help me out.
I did stapedectomy on left ear successfully last year. Now I can hear properly with no other side effects. Please suggest any Do's n don't!
My mother is 49 years old and she suffers from chronic headaches and body pains. She is taking supplements for high blood pressure and cholesterol. She has blood sugar on a higher side but medicines provided by doctors are taken. Whenever does extra work or stressful one she suffers from extreme headaches and she also has sinus how should I get to root of the problem? Please help me.
Hi, I am 22 years old. Mostly I suffered in throat infections. It leads to cold and fever. What to do to prevent this throat pain? I have no problem in ear. But the sinusitis problem in nose slightly. Nasal bone slightly dislocated in right nose.
My nose get clogged (nasal congestion) in the night and I breath by mouth which gives very dry mouth in morning and bad taste also my sleep gets disturbed due to nasal congestion please suggest a suitable medicine I do not have cold but mucous is always there in my nose this happens specially in night when I sleep.
Dr. From yesterday I'm hvng pain in throat. Not able to swallow anything. Fully throat irritation and I got little bit fever and cold too. What to do to get ovr my throat irritation?
I am a 63 years old male suffering from chronic nasal congestion, also rhinitis, which aggravates during the current season every year. I also suffer from sleep apnea and i am using c-pap machine during night. Nasal blockage (dry nose) is only relieved by using Otrivin nasal spray once in a day. What should I do?
My two children aged 4 and 2 years always have running nose in Bangalore. allopathy has not treated and it is said allergic.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.