Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.Basker
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. M.BaskerYour feedback matters!
There is always flow of water from my eyes which is more in winter season what should I do to recover it?
Hi, I have a problem with my eyes. My eyes are itching most of the time. I tried to consult with local eye clinic they said, it is happening because of dust. But I have noticed this issue 5years back. I am not getting proper solution. All the doctors prescribed me specs with power +0.75, still the itching problem has not yet gone.
Feeling weak Leg pain below knee portion Leg like sleeping cannot feel. Poor circulation Vision blur.
From the last night my right eye is painting (very little) and today now when I woke up, I found it red (too much red) and I'm having problem. My eye sight is weak and left eye's sight is weaker than the right one. Please give me some suggestions what should I do.
Tumor is at base of the tongue detected with cancer (carcinoma). CT scan finding- 1. homogeneously enhancing mass lesion is seen at posterior accept of tongue and extending into vallecula and measuring 3.3x2.9x2.3 c. M. The preepiglottic space and right lateral pharyngeal wall is involved. Possibly right sided genioglossus muscle. It is an T2N0M0 stage. Is it possible for surgery to remove the cancer as first step of treatment?
I wanna know about lasik, is this totally secure, and from this my glasses are permanently removed or not?
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment. Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition.
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor I m anil solanki. I want to know that is the laser operation is safe for my eyes to remove my numbers. Is there any side effect in the future. I have 3.50and 3.75 numbers in my eyes Give me suggestion Thank you.
Here are cause and treatments of Age Related Macular Degeneration
Hi, I am Dr, Neha Bharti. I am an eye surgeon and consultant at Bhartia Hospital, New Delhi. I would just like to talk a little bit about Age Related Macular Degeneration.
It’s a very common condition affecting the age old population nowadays, most people over 60 years of age. But then in some cases we even over 50 years of age. In some cases, it affects the elderly so it sort of impairs the quality of life in the age old population. It’s more common in people who are smokers and the number of cigarettes or bidis that you take directly affects the severity of Age Related Macular Degeneration. The important thing about ARMD is that it requires regular investigation such as OCT and Angiography and then it has to be treated optimally in some cases by the intravitreal injection. Multiple intravitreal injections can be required to maintain a good visual outcome for as long as possible.
So, in the end, I would like to summarize that Age Related Macular Degeneration is becoming a very common problem in the age old population nowadays and it requires regular check up and optimum treatment for maintaining good visual outcome for as long as possible. Thank you.