Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.B. Ashwath NarayanYour feedback matters!
I just got my braces on teeth on 25/07/16. My lips are hurting badly and had lot of swelling. What should I do? The lip pain is unbearable.
Do not use your teeth for doing something other than chewing food. Using them for cracking nuts, removing bottle tops or ripping open packaging can result in chipped or broken teeth.
Fluoride is a mineral which is great for teeth and takes great care of your dental health. This mineral is completely colourless and it is available naturally. It has got different forms like gas, liquid and solid. Tooth decay can be prevented so that teeth can be strengthened. You can also get this mineral in smaller amounts in the drinking water supplied by municipality so that dental health can be improved to a great extent.
Important facts about fluoride
- Maintenance of the thyroid gland: Fluoride can be used for the effective reduction of thyroid gland functions. This is how metabolism speed can be easily maintained by this mineral. Premature puberty can be invited by fluoride.
- Reduction of dental decay: Dental decay can be reduced as a result of which dental health can be preserved. Weak teeth bones can be made stronger with the use of fluoride on a regular basis. This is a medicated mineral and the experts have approved the same as the best protective element for teeth.
- Preventing cavities: Growth of cavities can be prevented by using this mineral as a result of which oral health can be ensured. Different kinds of oral troubles, especially gum swelling, pain, dental bleeding and others can be prevented. On the other hand, infectious oral diseases can also be prevented.
- Purification of drinking water: As per the researches conducted by experts, drinking water can be purified, and thus your health condition can be improved. However, make sure that limited dosage is included in water. Fluoride is absolutely safe and hygienic in nature.
- High quality toothpaste: This mineral is now available in teeth-protecting toothpastes so that dental health can be maintained with great care. The dentists often recommend using these toothpastes for preventing dental risks. These toothpastes not only protect teeth bones, but also prevent the dental nerves.
- Fluoride unsafe for kids: It is advised to keep kids away from overexposure of fluoride as that might cause severe damages. In case the dentist prescribes fluoride based products for your children, it is only then you should allow your kids to use fluoride based products.
- Fixing weak enamel: Weak enamel can create a lot of dental issues, and these issues can be easily avoided by using fluoride. On the other hand, formation of destructive acid causing tooth decay can also be efficiently prevented by the concerned mineral.
Harmful enzymes causing greater dental damages can be easily tackled along with preservation of healthy oral condition. But in this case, consistent usage of the mineral should be essentially maintained. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I had a filling done in the second pre-molar of the left upper jaw 4 years ago. Just after a year I started to have a sudden severe pain in the tooth. I visited dentist and found theres a cavity in the same tooth. Dentist told me to go for crowning rather than filling again. I ignored that time. Now the filling is gone. And I suffer from gigintivitis nd bad breath due to that tooth. I want to end this up. Should I go for crowning or should I uproot it. What if it caused problem even after crowning. By the way my age is 23. And I smoke regularly.
I am having gingivitis since few year. I have taken treatment for it. But now the alignment of upper incisors teeth are disrupted and they are coming forward with abnormal gaping. please suggest some treatment which will help me.
I was having mouth cancer. 16 teeth took from me. Some portion of my teeth were there in my mouth. It's painful. When I went to a dentist to close it. The doctor told me no need of any closing. But it's very painful. Can't able to talk properly. Root canal is required. This is what doctor said. For that a medical certificate is needed. While having spicy food my gum is getting so worse. But when using ointment it gets cured. Is there any problem in doing root canal.. Will it affect me in any different ways. Please advice.
Whenever I eat chocolate, I will have pain in my teeth. Otherwise I don't have, while doing brush, everyday I will get blood.
My teeth is paining continues from 2 days and I have used tablet for teeth pain but also ky teeth pain is same now you suggest me.
I have this problem of bad breath for 9-10 years. When I first visited a dentist 6 years ago, he found no problem and suggested me medicated toothpaste, mouthwash and some medicine for 1 month. Problem didn't go. And 2 years ago, when I visited another dentist, he found I have little bit power so he did cleaning of my teeth and gum and assured me that I won't have the problem. But now my wife says that I still have the bad breath. How can I cure it completely.
I always have a thick white coating formed on my tongue, after I scrape it gets remove and forms again after a while, am also suffering from bad breath due to this. How to overcome this problem completely?
Recently i observed wisdom tooth is coming straight in my mouth. It's paining what i will do reducing pain?
We all look at pictures of our favorite celebrities and long to have that perfect while smile showing off well-aligned teeth. However, due to various reasons, our teeth do not seem to be like theirs. Some of the reasons for the not-so-white teeth include:
- Food habits like excessive cola, coffee, tea
- Tobacco chewing and smoking
- Fluoride deposits seen in people in which the community water has excessive fluoride content
- Side effect of medications like tetracyclines.
However, with teeth achieving major cosmetic value, a lot of developments have happened and now a set of white pearls need not just be a dream. Whether it is just one tooth which is oddly colored or the entire set has taken on a darker shade, teeth whitening procedure comes to the rescue. It is well within the reach of most people, with options that can be managed both in the office and at the convenience of your homes.
Whatever the technique, the basic chemical is the same, hydrogen peroxide, which is a well-known bleaching agent. This works very well on extrinsic stains and may take repeated visits to the dentist to whiten teeth with intrinsic stains like fluorosis.
Things to remember:
Before going ahead with teeth whitening, the dentist will inform you that:
- Cavities need to be treated before teeth can be whitened
- Receded gums need to be treated before teeth whitening
- Any crown work that is pending should be done before the teeth whitening can be done.
Once all the above mentioned things have been take care of, the next step is to clean the teeth completely. This cleaning will ensure that your teeth are free of bacteria and other deposits. The patient's impressions are then taken to make customized trays.
The dentist will provide you with a kit, which contains the trays and the bleaching material. The material should be applied on to the trays, left in place in the mouth to produce the bleaching effect. This may need to be repeated for about 2 to 3 weeks.
Whitening can be done on vital teeth or on non-vital teeth-
- Vital teeth are usually bleached in the clinic, where the bleaching agent is applied on the tooth. It is then activated by a laser light to produce the active chemical that whitens the teeth. If the staining is excessive, then in-house vital tooth whitening may be followed by a couple of home applications.
- Non-vital teeth: Teeth which are root canal treated turn brown over a period of time. Whitening these root canal treated teeth is known as non-vital tooth whitening.
So, if you are not happy with your set of teeth, there is always a solution – get them whitened and see your smile broaden.