Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. LoganayakiYour feedback matters!
Am a 30 years old mother of 2 kids, one of 5 years & the other 3 years old. My kids often complaint me that their Legs are paining specifically in the night time even if they are involved in their regular activities and not some other heavy activities. Why does this happen specifically in the Night Time? What could be the Reasons behind this & is it a matter of worry? Please help me out of this. Thinking you.
Hello, I am 22years old woman and I play cricket a lot. So is it okay if I practice during periods? Well, our coach takes up rigorous exercises and there's a lot of strain to body. If I go to practice will my body be affected? Will it cause any problem related to pregnancy later on?
My real period date was on 11 th April and got over on 15th April. But after taking ipill I got my withdrawal bleeding again on 26th April which ended on 3rd may Nd last for 8 days. So when I am supposed to get my next period as my cycle is disturbed? On 26th may?
Doctors used to think this STD threatened only women. Then the men started dying.
The culprit: Human papillomavirus (HPV), the same sexually transmitted infection associated with cervical cancer in women. A huge spike in the number of head and neck cancers linked to HPV over nearly two decades is raising alarms about the risk of the sexually contracted infections in a whole new population: men.
A study in the Journal of Clinical Oncology reports there?s been a 225 percent uptick in HPV-positive oropharynx cancers since 1998, according to data from three U.S. Cancer centers. The study also predicts that by 2020, oropharyngeal cancer will be the most common HPV-associated cancer in the U.S. Surpassing cervical cancer.
Previously, tobacco and alcohol use had been the main causes of these tumors, which occur in the tonsils, base of the tongue and upper throat. But over the past few years, studies have shown HPV is playing a role in these cancer rates, likely due to an increase in oral sex even as tobacco use has fallen.
While HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease, studies show women?s bodies usually clear the virus from the cervix quickly; only an infection that persists for years is a cancer risk. It?s not known if oral HPV acts in a similar way, nor is it clear if oral sex is the only way it?s transmitted,
Regardless, more than 11,000 cervical cancer cases will be diagnosed this year, a number that has been dropping steadily thanks to better Pap smears. The researchers calculated that annual cases of cervical cancer will drop to 7,700 by 2020 ? compared with about 8,700 cases of HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer ? about 7,400 of them in men.
Can the vaccine that?s currently given to young women protect men against oral HIV?
HPV vaccination is approved for boys to prevent genital warts and anal cancer, additional problems caused by human papillomavirus. But protection against oral HPV hasn?t been studied in either gender, said report author Dr. Maura Gillison, a head-and-neck cancer specialist at Ohio State.
A spokeswoman for Merck & Co, maker of the HPV vaccine Gardasil, said the company has no plans to study the vaccine on oral cancer.
Regardless, the cancer society said the report suggests that patients with HPV-linked oral tumors have better survival odds than those with other types of this cancer, possibly because they tend to be younger.
Have a sore throat that lasts longer than two weeks? CONSULT PRIVATELY. Just because you?re not a smoker or drinker doesn?t mean you can?t get throat cancer.
What r the symptoms of getting pregnant Is it imp. If we hv a sex n after tht we dnt get a periods on time or else some hormonal changes take place pls let me know as soon as possible I HV my intimacy on 7 dec. Till nw I dnt hv my periods n I get periods on tym Any symptoms which cn tll smthng. Is there anything.
Hi lam summaya tajder my marriage 2years complete still now lam was nt pregnant lhad thriord problem lam 50mg yesterday test it normal 1one more that tb problem infertility patient tb 12months completed its normal. How should l conceive pregnancy.
Hello sir/ madam Meri shadi ke 1.6 year hue hai mera ek 6 mahine ka bachacha hai, or wife ka Brest feuding chalu hai, par last 2 month se uski period date Chang ho rahi hai iske pahle 1 may tarikh ko phir 7 june tarikh ko or ab abhi tak nahi aaya maine wo urine taste kiya nigetive hai to Kya wo pregnant hai ya koi problem to nahi hai na sir.
As my wife is 13 week pregnant for second baby last time was low lying placenta and delivered through C section. So some questions are coming in mind for this pregnancy. Can we both make relation ? Does orgasm effect baby and uterus when she got orgasm? Can we indulge in oral stimulation? Can we make love by inserting or without insertion to just stimulate and satisfy? Kindly guide us in details Thanks.
Throat infections can affect anyone. Your throat will feel swollen and sore and swallowing may become difficult. The flu and common cold flu virus can cause infections along with allergies, bacterial infections, breathing polluted air or smoking.
Conventional treatment only suppresses the symptoms; it also has side effects. Homeopathy focuses on rooting out the disease from within, instead of just concentrating on suppressing on the symptoms. All the homeopathic remedies gradually treat and cure your disease and have no side effects whatsoever.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the best homeopathic remedy for throat infections. Belladonna is also good for Tonsillitis (swollen and red tonsils with white patches inside your throat) and difficulties in swallowing.
- Hepar Sulph: If you have a splinter-like sensation in your throat along with soreness, Hepar Sulph can be very beneficial in treating the symptoms.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is the best medicine for "clergyman's throat" (agitated tickling in your larynx when you speak).
- Lachesis: Difficulty in swallowing fluids when you have a sore throat is best treated with Lachesis. Chronic tonsillitis is also treated with Lachesis.
- Ignatia: If you feel like you have a lump in your throat and you cannot gulp food easily, Ignatia can work well.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is used to treat dry cough along with a sore throat.
- Drosera: Spasmodic, dry coughs with a sore throat are best treated with Drosera.
- Merc Sol: Red, swollen and sore throats are treated with Merc Sol. Throat problems that worsen with weather changes can be taken care of with this medicine.
- Arsenicum Album: If your common cold also gives you a sore throat, then you can opt for Arsenicum Album. This medicine is also useful if you have watery and thin nasal discharge.
- Aconite: Burning and a painful sore throat induced by common cold and sneezing are treated well with Aconite.
- Causticum: Sometimes your throat can get sore from shouting or if you talk loudly at a stretch. In such a situation, Causticum can prove to be beneficial.
- Argentum Metallicum: If your throat is sore and feels raw and worse after straining your voice, then Argentum Metallicum is helpful.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is mostly prescribed to children with sore throats and mucus formations in their chests.
- Baryta Carbonica: Enlarged tonsils, painful and sore throats in children are best treated with Baryta Carbonica.