Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Loganayaki
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LoganayakiYour feedback matters!
Sir maine abortion pills li thi 5 din tk bleeding b hui h phr 6th day check kiya toh dusri line bilkul Halki Halki show ho rhi h iska kya mtlb h m abhi b pregnant hu ya kuch tissue rh gye h abhi.
Kidney Angiomyolipoma is also known as AML of the kidney, renal angiomyolipoma or kidney AML. This is a benign tumor that can lead to hemorrhagic complications. A tumour can crop up in the medulla or the cortex of the kidney. A small proportion of this condition can happen in conjunction with tuberous sclerosis. The symptoms vary according to the size of a tumour. The treatment differs from case to case, for some patients, radical nephrectomy may work while for some, invasive wedge resection and partial nephrectomy may work better. The prognosis of this condition is excellent owing to its benign nature.
How is kidney angiomyolipoma medically dealt with?
The treatment option depends on the criticality of a tumour and the general health of the patient. A vast majority of the tumors that are asymptomatic in nature doesn’t require a surgical intervention. After the diagnosis is made, a doctor might want to take the wait and watch approach. If the tumor size is small, only medications can cure the condition. On the other hand, surgical intervention can cure the disease and limit any chances of recurrence. Some of the preferred surgical methods include complete or partial nephrectomy, endoscopic surgery, nephron-sparing surgery and tumor embolization. A nephrectomy is only considered when the tumor size is quite large. In case the kidney function is severely impaired, dialysis is necessary. If the tumor results in abdominal bleeding, emergency surgery should be considered.
Healthy lifestyle changes:
If a person has been diagnosed with kidney angiomyolipoma, it is important to follow a healthy lifestyle. Refraining from salt, potassium is a must. A stressed kidney, in general, is better off without foods such as potato, salt, fast food, processed food, various kind of meat etc. The dietary restriction gets waived off by the doctor once the patient is cured. Lifting heavy weight is a strict no in these circumstances. Adequate rest and enough hydration are necessary to be in shape. Timely consumption of medicine is equally important to get cured.
How can this disease be prevented?
Medical research has not fetched any result over the possible prevention method of renal AML. This condition is often connected with a genetic disorder. The following prevention method is necessary to mitigate the risk of this disease.
- A genetic test of the expecting parents or molecular testing of the fetus can help a doctor understand whether there is a risk involving the baby.
- If the disease runs in the family, a genetic counselling can help parents to understand to assess the risk before planning a child.
- Frequent medical checkups are also necessary for a person who has a family history of this disease.
- Aggressive medical research is being done to get a possible cure for this problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
Hi,Me and my girlfriend had sex last month. After a gap of 10 days of having sex she had her first period. But now its been more than 30 days she is not getting her second period. We are bit tensed. Can she be pregnant? Is there any chance? Please advice.
I have simple right ovarian cyst measuring 50×53 mm. I have that from last 1 year onwards. I don't have pain. But I want some suggestion to recover that.
I get married July 9th in the year of 2016. We tried for baby till now but my wife not pregnant I want suggestions.
Hi, Doctor mujhe 26 ko period aya tha or 15 days ke bad bnd hua mera ovulation time kab tk hoga Please suggest kare.
Most men in our culture feel it is important that their female partners get that much needed sexual release through the big O - orgasm, but it is not always the case, especially when the woman desires but cannot. Orgasm (climax, trupti, satisfaction, coming) marks the culmination of the progressively mounting sexual arousal and tension, as it reaches a peak and suddenly releases through pulsating uterine and vaginal contractions accompanied by intense pleasure. Many a time, women do not orgasm in sexual intercourse.
Frequently, it is due to a combination of factors like inadequate foreplay, insufficient arousal, the male partner's premature ejaculation or being unaware of how to take oneself to climax. It could also be due to the woman's intrinsic inability to reach orgasm, despite favourable conditions. We describe such a situation as orgasmic dysfunction or anorgasmia. Inability to climax can prove distressful to several women, while quite a few of them are as happy without orgasms, are not bothered by it and therefore do not even complain or consult.
- No orgasm is not abnormal: It's a widespread myth that women must reach orgasm to be able to enjoy sexual intercourse. Many men and several women hold this false notion. While orgasm can be a payoff, many women agree that it is not must for them to enjoy sex or seek it. They enjoy the overall experience much more than the end result. Many women find the emotional intimacy experienced through physical intimacy, and sufficient foreplay enriching, and are not bothered by getting or not getting an orgasm.
- Two-thirds need another type of stimulation: There is nothing wrong with a woman who cannot reach an orgasm through intercourse. Different women are built differently. Only about a third of women can orgasm through intercourse. A third need extra stimulation during intercourse. Another third never orgasm during intercourse, but can through manual or oral stimulation of clitoris. The best way to know is through exploration, paying attention to body language and reactions.
- Frigid or strained relations?: Women who have never ever had an orgasm or those once had but currently unable to, are falsely labelled frigid or considered to be in relationship trouble. This is yet another myth that many people harbor. Frigidity is a pejorative term now discarded. A female may be perfectly normal and happy in her relationship and yet may not orgasm. There may be many other causes for this such as the side effects of certain medications, chronic illnesses, sexual pain, or severe stress.
- Nothing can be done about it?: Well, this one is another big myth. If the female is not able to orgasm, then there is plenty that one can do about it. To begin with, the woman can try relaxation techniques, arousal heightening techniques, manual or oral stimulation of clitoris, either before, during or after intercourse. In the end, a woman is responsible for her own sexual pleasure. She needs to learn what type, duration, intensity and pattern of stimulation, she needs to reach the peak of excitement. And, a loving partner can help her in many ways to reach orgasm. The sex therapists are trained to help you overcome difficulties in becoming orgasmic and can be reached here. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.