Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LoganayakiYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, my periods are late along with that I am feeling tired and pain in my breast. My periods date is 7th august but till now they are not coming. I am too much irritated with body ache. Please help me.
I have missed my periods. Its been delayed by 3 days. Am I pregnant? Pls suggest medicine for not getting pregnant.
Give me some tips please I want to sex with my gf and I didn't make her pregnant as well as I didn't want to wear condom.
She's 27 years old & we are committed, having regular sex but never she had conceive but irregular periods. What's the reason? What to do for regulars? Any suggestions for tests?
In 2 years back I got pregnant in that process I know that there is a chocolate cyst in my right ovary after 3 months I lost my pregnancy and 1 year on wards we are trying for the 2nd pregnancy but I didn't get am so much worrying about my pregnancy please suggest me can go for laparoscopy for that cyst the cyst size is 86 Ã 66 mm in size. Suggest me best gynecologist for my problem in K PHB area.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
Thus if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consider visiting a general physician who might refer you to a specialist, if need be.
Sir, Extreme fatigue and redness in eye during menstruation, what is the reason? How to over come that?
My friend did intercourse on 2 march near about 12 noon but sperm did not ejaculated inside. Still she have doubt n worried too much. Then on 5th march she took I pill near about 7. Pm. Then she checked pregnancy test via preganews kit on 6th march morning [first urine]. It ws negative. But now she has too much pain on lower waist. Actually her date should hv to cm on 5-6march but it don't cm yet. Nd no bleeding was there after pill. Now she is very tensed. Help her out. Tell me if any solution or advice.
Aches and pains are often dismissed and left untreated for prolonged durations, unless there appear to be severe disruptions in one’s daily routine. These pains and aches may serve as the first indication of something bigger, which is the reason that even minor pains must be diagnosed without losing any time. Often pains and aches, if diagnosed at early stages, can be treated using specific exercises, as recommended by physiotherapists. These exercises can be executed at any time of the day in a regular life, irrespective of the venue, time or environment an individual is in. They are meant to improve overall flexibility of muscles and joints, as well as improve body functions.
- Rotations of the lower trunk: Bend your knees, rotate them in a to and fro motion such that the lower half of your body from the pelvis actually moves. This exercise should be done while you lie on your back.
- Side stretch: Lie down on one side and pull the upper leg ankle towards the back with the upper hand. While performing this move, it should be ensured that you apply pressure on your thigh with your lower leg ankle.
- Cat and camel: Arch your back towards the ceiling and the floor alternately after a fixed duration (for eg. 5 to 15 seconds), while keeping your body on your hands and knees.
- Straight leg raise: Raise your leg upright, i.e. without bending, and point your toes upwards, while you are sitting up or lying on your back.
- Hamstring stretch: If you wish to relieve yourself of low back pain, lie flat on your back, lift your leg and hold the back of your knee using both hands. This can be repeated about 8-12 times a day for quick relief.
- Brace marching: This exercise suggests that you lie on the floor on your back with your knees bent. Raise your foot from the ground alternately such that your upper half of the body above the pelvis does not move.
Other exercises for addressing pains and aches:
Though there are a lot of other exercises available for addressing pains and aches. Yoga provides another simple approach. Poses such as the Cobra pose, Butterfly or Supported Warrior are especially helpful in addressing pains in joints beneath the pelvis. A great benefit of Yoga is the prospect of mental serenity and improved system functions such as respiratory and digestive functions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Wine lovers have a difficult time answering this question to others, red or white, as both have their share of points when a comparison is being drawn between the two. Too many researches have been undertaken to make a choice and the following are some points that might help you decide.
Some popular white wines include Champagne, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Riesling, and Chenin Blanc. Popular red wines include Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Merlot, and Sangiovese.
White wine is made from white grapes, without any skin or seeds. Red wines are made from whole dark red or black grapes, and the skin adds to the flavour and colour. Red wines are richer, white ones are sweeter.
Though wine lovers would decide on red or white wine depending on their preferred taste, from a health point of view, red wine wins over white wine. Though they are both made of grapes, they do not provide any benefit like fruits. Through fermentation, their original nutrition is lost but newer benefits towards heart and lung health settle in.
Read on to know more:
- Red wines have less natural sugar compared to white wines, though there is no significant difference in terms of carbohydrates or calories.
- Both have equal amounts of calcium, which is good for bones.
- Red wine has more amount of iron, phosphorus, and magnesium compared to the white variety.
- Red wine has as much potassium as in a banana, so beats the white variety again.
- Carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin are found in good amounts in the red variety, which is good for macular degeneration.
- Red wine also is richer in choline, which prevents liver damage and overall inflammation.
- Red wines, with the skin as well, contain resveratrol which is protective against heart disease. They prevent plaque formation in the arteries, improve the immune system, and inhibit cancer growth.
- The polyphenol in them are excellent antioxidants and help in preventing cholesterol levels, reducing blood pressure, strengthening the immune system, are anti-infective and anticancer agents.
- The flavonoids in the red wines also have strong antioxidant properties and help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- White wines are more acidic, and so are proven to cause more erosion of the teeth. Red is safer, with less damage to the teeth.
Though white is sweeter, the red one is healthier. With its benefits over the white variety is almost all aspects, it wins over. A word of caution, though wine contains alcohol, which has its own harmful effects on the body. The debate here is only to prove that red wine has more benefits compared to the white variety when consumed in moderate amounts (up to 2 drinks per week). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 22 years old, have pcod. My regular cycle date was 18 sep 2016 ,that day I had intercourse. And it's 20th Sep do not have my periods. And the semen was slight inside rest outside, should I take ipill?
Dear Doctor I am Carrying with 8th month pregnancy and in 7th month I done with scanning. In Scanning EDD is 06/03/2017. Now I have query that delivery will going to happen in What EDD date was given? And I am working lady still how many days I can continue working. Can I work till FEB mid days. Please let me know the details. I am so thankful if I got answer.
Hi I would like to enjoy with my partner on next week 6-8th june, her date period is 20th june. Please let me know what is the best way to avoid pregnancy. I like sex without condom is preferable.
Garlic can do wonders to your libido. Garlic has always been seen as a miracle herb that heals body organs. It normalizes the blood flow especially towards the penis. Many ancient civilizations have used garlic to increase and heal the sexuality. I have personally tried garlic and can vouch for its powers. It is not only good for vitality and little jhony it is also great for your general health.
How to Use:
You can eat three to four garlic cloves daily for a if you are having difficulty getting an erection. You can cut that down to three times a week after a month. that is if you start feeling better down there. you can also use grated garlic in your meat to get the desired result but raw garlic cloves work much better. Your breath will be awful but I am sure your partner won’t complain after your performance in bed.
Dear Doctor, I have bartholin cysts for 2 years I thought it was urinary infection and it will get cured on its own now 1 month has passed & i am 25 years old I am getting married in a month I fear it would create problem in my marriage life. The cyct is not painful is there any home remedy for this. Please help me.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome/Diseases:-
Polycystic ovarian diseases (PCOD), is a common endocrine system disorder of women in their reproductive age. In this condition, there is an imbalance of the sex hormones like estrogen and progesterone of a woman. This causes enlarged ovaries that contain tiny collections of fluid (ovarian cysts), referred as follicles which might be settled in each ovary. These cysts are often seen during an ultrasound exam.
Cause of PCOD:-
The exact cause of PCOS is unknown. Hormonal imbalances and genetics play a major role. Production of the hormone androgen in excess may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that womens bodies also produce. This overproduction can affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation. Excess insulin may cause high androgen levels.
Symptoms of PCOS:-
- Irregular menses (usually delayed)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight
- Acne and Dandruff in scalp
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back
- Thinning of hair
- Infertility and Miscarriage
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Diagnosis of PCOS:-
There is no definitive test for PCOS. Diagnosis depends on medical history and symptoms of patients. The physical and pelvic examination can help to find out the signs of PCOS.
- Thyroid function tests (TSH).
- Fasting glucose tests to measure blood sugar levels.
- Lipid level tests to assess the amount of cholesterol.
- USG (Ultra Sonography)
Complications of PCOD:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- High cholesterol
- Anxiety and depression
- Endometrial cancer (cancer caused by thickening of the lining of the uterus)
- Heart attack
- Breast cancer
Homeopathic management for PCOD:
Polycystic Ovarian disease (PCOD) can be treated by Homoeopathic medicines. Homoeopathic medicines are very safe and can cure PCOD permanently and without any side effect. The complete cure of PCOD is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups.
Arsenicum iodatum 6x: Suited to scrofulous diathesis where the thyroid, axillary, tonsils & mammary glands are swollen, hard, indurated, painful, sensitive and sore to the touch & may be exuding discharge with exfoliation of skin in large scales.
Carbo animalis 3x: Indicated when buboes, axillary & inguinal glands, thyroid gland are indurated & is as hard as a stone that even the surrounding tissues become hardened.
Clematis erecta 3X: Indicated when breast, inguinal glands, spermatic cord are hot, painful, swollen; with scirrhous, rheumatism of the joints or swollen ulcers.
Conium maculatum 4X: Acts on glandular system absorbing stony hard glandular tumors & other growths that can be outlined and felt. Suited to scrofulous affections like adenoma, swollen mammary glands, and goiter; with a marked tendency to induration, extending to cellular tissue, esp. after burns, blow or fall or bad effects of sexual excess.
Galium aparine 6x: Indicated in nodulated tumors, hardened glands, scirrhous formation, esp. of a tongue.
Hydrastis canadensis 2X: Indicated in cachectic dyscrasia esp. of the breast; goiter at puberty and pregnancy; follicular inflammation of pharynx; general ulcers in the throat.
Phytolacca decandra 3X: It has a powerful effect on fibrous tissues, muscles, and scar tissue; indicated in swollen tonsils, mumps, follicular inflammation of the pharynx, chest, and breast, lymph node swelling or soreness, mastitis in breastfeeding mothers with cracks and small ulcers about nipples, sties, stony hard painful goiter.