Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. LavanyaYour feedback matters!
After exercising a feel light headed. I did not faint but I see the world moving for few seconds. What can be the reason? This does not happen wen I dance or walk for 3 4 hours. I have recently picked up exercising (its been 2 days). I never did it before. I used to be 58 kg. I gained 14 kg in last 20 months.
When I work then my I feel very tiredness in my eyes. And all things become unclear whether those are near or far from me. Why is it?
I have eye sight of (-6) for right eye and (-7) for left eye i'm 21 years female. Doctor told me my retina was week as a part my job I have to work on computer for long time how can I improve my retina status please tell me.
Sir I had done lasik eye surgery 3 months ago on 5th june 2016. And now my left eye vision is blur. Sir tell me is this problem can be cured or not. Is this permanent or temporary. If temporary thn which medicine should I take. Sir pls tell me the right way. I want 6/6.
Sir, My ankles are having some pain during jogging and my eyes having some difficulties in watching in sun light!
Iam experiencing severe headache. Actually I have consulted with neurologist as well as test for hyper tension too. I have also consulted eye doctor. My eye vision seems to be good and Dr. appreciated it. I don't have any problem regarding neuro. And hyper tension. Why is this headache due to? Lately. I have been diagnosed as cervical spine by ortho.
My father is of age 75 years , has fluctuating B.P and blood sugar. He is on medicine. Yesterday , suddenly he went blank, heaviness in head, darkness in sight and as if he lost his memory. His body became heavy. He recovered slowly in a day but today again he is facing the same problem. What can be the problem? Any emergency issue, should we admit him?
I have a eye infection from 3days and I am not able to see clearly so please suggest any air drops plzz.
My age is 22. My eye sight is not very good what to do for better eye sight. I can not see clearly without spectacle.
Is laser surgery better option than lens. My power is -1 for both eyes. Is lasik a permanent solution. Kindly suggest me.
I am 28 year old male with dry eyes being most prominent problem I an facing post my lasik surgery 7 months ago. How to correct this problem?
I am constantly suffering from Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Red running eyes, running nose fever and all other related problems.
Hi I have eye site since 2014 I want to cure it without using the spectacles. So what I should do to cure it quickly. Please give a suggestion about it.
I have fatness in seeing object but not always only when I feel cold this is another type of fatness.
I have pain behind one my eyes moderate and sometimes pinching and on the same side of head. Pain in forehead also now. Also, on any day in a week if I take head bath, same day night or next day moderate to severe headache is felt with pain around forehead and in my eyes. What are the remedies for my present problem and head bath problems?
Recently I visited an eye care hospital and the Dr prescribed me HFA, Pachymetry and Color photo tests. Dr. Says that result is ok, but i have to undergo another test of OCT.RNFL BE. What is your opinion?
Diabetes can wreak havoc on the eye and the foot. Proper care is necessary in order to refrain from any serious consequences. It can damage the blood vessels and the nerves of the feet resulting in numbness and permanent disability. Some of the alarming foot symptoms include bruises, cuts, cracked skin and hard spots. Some of the common measures that need to be taken for foot include checking the temperature sensation of the foot by immersing it in hot water, drying the feet gently in between the toes and using agents such as lotion, lanolin, and petroleum jelly.
- Some of the other preventive measure includes cutting the nails when they are young and straight to ensure no injury to the foot takes place. It should be ensured the toe is not touched by the nail of the toe. A pumice stone can be used to get rid of the corns immediately after a bath. No medicated pads or sharp razors should be utilised to cut corns. The feet should be soaked in warm water before trimming nails.
- A shoe should be put on at all times to save the feet. The shoe sole should be thoroughly checked for foreign objects such as stones and nails to ensure that the foot is not hurt. Tight shoes should be strictly avoided in order to refrain from soreness and blisters. Dry and clean socks should be put up to ensure the foot is clean. For people living in cold area, wearing thick socks should be practised. This will help the foot protect from cold. Finally, a doctor should be called in case there are any visible signs of swelling, redness, cracks, pain or sensation of burning.
- Too much blood sugar can cause harm to the eye in four ways: It can cause damage to the retina, lens, optic nerve and vitreous gel. There could be serious repercussions of diabetes to the eye including low vision and complete loss of vision. Diabetes blocks the retina and is capable of cutting off the total supply of oxygen.
- Some of the common symptoms of retina related problems include double vision, a pressure in one eye, problems in corner vision, flashing lights, pain in the eye, blank spots etc. A simple check up by an oculist can reveal any eye problems related to diabetes.
- An ophthalmologist can treat the diabetes-related eye problem by medicine that blocks the protein responsible for fluid leakage and blood vessel growth. He can also go for laser treatment to treat macular edema. Even scatter laser treatments are also used for this purpose. If all else fails a doctor chooses to perform a procedure known as vitrectomy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.