Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. LatchumandhasYour feedback matters!
Hi, 3 months back I have faced chest pain and all the reports were normal. Now, I have faced it once again on the right. It was a pinch and then back to normal. It occurred 5 to 6 times. I had honey milk with badam organ. After that it was occurred only once. I felt the pain on my back as well. Is there something serious problem or what was that? Also, I checked my bp it was 90/60 but I was not feeling dizziness or headache kind of thing. My weight is also increased. I am not able to understand whats going on. Please help.
I have a stomach problems like acidity, low blood pressure, headache too. What should I do to come out with this problem?
I am aged 62 years and i am having cholesterol for which i am taking AtorsaveEZ and Fenovas i am having hyper tension for which i am taking concorcor and Clavix AS150.Ihave been advised to take colchicin as my creatinine level and uric acid level is also little high, is it necessary to take this medicine for a long time .Will there be any side effects in future.May i discontinue the medicine. I am also reported to be having Hypothyroidism for which i am taking thryronorm 62.5mg.I feel because of taking these medicines i am getting scabies or fungus in the groins.Is it correct.Please advice.
I am suffering from hypertension and under medication called Aten 50 daily once in morning. I check my BP regularly and same in normal range varies from 110/75-130/85 max. Though sometimes I feel chest pain mostly in evening after moderate exercise I.e jogging and cycling. But even in pain my BP is normal, pls suggest how to cure it?
Her heart beat speed has been increased. She is feelings tired all the time. Because of speed heart beat she is not able to take breath freely. So what's her problem.
I noticed that my heart is pumping so fast regularly. And I see it on my chest means I see my chest to move according to heart beat but I don't have any problem like chest pain and all what is the reason behind this can you please tell me. Thanks.
I want some information about heart attack and how I improve the this condition because j have heart problem so give m sajetion.
How can a 53-year-old patient with a 145/100 blood pressure bring it down, and if needed, what medications can be recommended?
I am taking taking olkem20h tablet for no since from 2014 n my by recently recorded is 130/80 I want to ask is it compulsory now also to take tablet or I can leave?
Hi doctor, I'm 26 year old. Actually do saal pehle mujhe b. P low ki problem hone lagi thi. But kabhi-kabhi. Abhi kuch dino se agar mujhe koi kisi baat par kuch kehta hai ya dat deta hai toh meri puri body kanpne lagti hai aur headache hone lagta hai. B. P low hone lagta hai. Breathing bahut fast ho jati hai or meri aankhon se aansu aa jate hai na chahte hue bhi. Please doctor help me.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful consequences of brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or rupture of a blood vessel causing brain cells in the affected area to die or become disabled. Stroke is a vascular disease, so anything that keeps the blood vessels healthy can reduce the risk of stroke. Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lots of fibre, reducing salt and saturated fat intake can keep blood vessels healthy and reduce the risk of stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly keeps the heart and brain vessels healthy.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of suffering a deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/80 mm of mercury. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can directly cause a brain hemorrhage.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume. Chronic alcoholics suffer from malnutrition and liver problems which compound the chances of stroke and its severity. Alcoholic liver disease causes blood clotting to be impaired, increasing the chances of stroke.Consulting a de-addiction specialist is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can deposit in the wall of arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Reducing saturated fat like red meat, dairy fat etc., and increasing MUFA like mustard or olive oil can help reduce cholesterol.
- Diabetes: uncontrolled high blood sugar over long periods is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his sugar level checked regularly, especially if there is diabetes in the family.
- Stress: Prolonged stress generally leads to high blood pressure and reduced body immunity, and hence becomes a reason for stroke.
Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from stress or depression. Ultimately, improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored at any cost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.