Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My 10 months old baby doesn't like eating pureed food. Please let me know what food can I give her now and how much meal to serve her in a day. She is on breastfeeding and also outside milk/ formula can be given as she wants only breast milk no solids.
About last 2 weeks I'm suffering from headache and loose motion. And why this problem is to be linked me.
My baby is 2 months old she is vomiting since her 11th day. We have done few investigations like scanning. Cbp.lft. Urine.urine culture n senstivity. All the reports were normal. But she still vomit I used domstal drops. There is no change. Please help me with good solution.
My daughter is 5 years old. She was hospitalised last 15 days ao with a digonose of UTI with mild fever. Now the fever is back again with vomiting. In fever only head got rise thw temp. Legs and hands get cold. When fever comes it is coming with bone severing cold.
My 5 month old baby keep his hand in mouth may be due to his coming teething stage & always irritate if try to keep his hand outside the mouth. Pls suggest whether we can give him any water based OR silicon teething device.
Last week my son had his 18 month vaccination. But he still has lump on that area and also had a pain. What should I do for this?
Am 2 months 7 days pregnant my doc has advised me to take folic acid 5 mg, nidagen 200 mg twice a day. My tsh level was 3.8 soeltroxin25 mg empty stomach has been advised but no iron tablet ia prescribed to me. Could you pls tell why iron tab is not recommended as I think it is also imp. Please help.
My nephew has been hospitalized since 3 days. She is Just 9 Months old. She had fever for past 5-6 days. Even after being hospitalized there is no improvement she is not talking meals properly and all the time she is fussy and irritated. What should I do?
My baby daughter (1 years 10 months old) doesn't eat and drink anything except milk. A few months earlier she used to eat rice, vegetables, fish, egg, fruits but suddenly stopped eating. When I force her to eat she cries her lungs out. I am really concerned about her health. Please help me out. Thanks.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.