Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LalithkumarYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old. My body is so weak. I tried doing exercise. But my body pains due to it. I get tired. Especially my back pains mostly. There is also problem with my diet. Even though I didn't watch tv or other things while eating, my eating speed is too slow. I tried my best to improve my body. Please tell me how should I solve this problem? How can I improve my body?
My son is 14 months and his teeth are discoloring. He also ticking his naval and prvt parts like its itching. Sometimes he also lies down on floor tummy down side. Is it serious? What to do for his teeth? He is bottle feeder.
What I have to do for proper growth of my 4 yr boy. How can I measure that he is proper growing or not?
Meri baby 3 years ki he uske liye weight chart and height chart bataiye .aur under weight rahega aur height kaa hogi to kya karna chahiye please send ans.
My 18 month old baby girl weight just 8 kg at the time of her birth she weight 2.4 kg.she looks skinny but she is very active. She doesn't eat roties. We give her cerelac and she is taking her mothers milk. Is she growing normally? I am very scared. Pls help me out.
I am 39 years old Indian, vegetarian man. My son (Born Aug. 2010), for last 2 years, has stopped eating proper meals, only drinks bottled milk (100 ml) 4-5 times a day, or want to eat snacks like chips, biscuits, namkeen, but that too very little quantity. Due to this he remains constipated (pass bowel in 3-4 days) and irritated. This is a vicious kind of cycle where he remains constipated as he not takes proper food in good quantity and on the other hand - don't want to eat because of constant bowel pressure. He doesn't take any Allopathic medicine or tonic. His height is approx 3 ft. and weight 15 Kg. He is otherwise very active child.
My son is one year old. He is in a stage where his teeth are coming. He is suffering with loose motion for the past 5 days.
Tonsillitis, in the easiest terms, is the swelling of tonsils in our throat that is accompanied by symptoms like throat pain, difficulty in swallowing/ drinking, altered voice and fever etc.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails.
Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult the ent specialist and have the antibiotics if it is a bacterial cause as per the doctor. Take the alternative treatment prescribed in case of other causes. The entire course of medication should be completed even if the kid gets better sooner to eliminate all traces of bacteria.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days.