Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalit Kumar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I feel laziness frequent, water in eyes frequent, I feel that I am little bit fat, also I want to lose my weight, my work is sedentary, kindly give me tips and tricks, some diet plan for that. Thanking you doctor.
Sir/mam my eyes being red in summer. When I came out in sunshine my seeing capability became low. This happen only in summer.
Which is the best inta ocular lens for cataract? and what precautions we have to take after surgery and for how many days?
I am 19 years old I am having glasses with -1 number tried a lot things but number is still there help me to remove glasses.
In Ayurveda, the term ‘drishti dosha’ has been used to refer to eye sight issues. Ayurveda has identified and also explained a number of eye sight disorders. It has identified the causes, symptoms and different kinds of treatment for these eye disorders.
Causes of frail eyesight:
Weak eyesight is a common problem faced by people nowadays. Its major causes are-
- Increased pollution in our surroundings leads to accumulation of dust within the eyes. This is a major cause of eye-related disorders.
- Excessive use of computers, laptops and smart phones stresses the eyes which are very sensitive organs.
- An unhealthy lifestyle including over consumption of junk food, lack of sleep, irregular sleeping hours, mental disturbance and constant exposure to bright light weaken the eyes.
Though the symptoms of eye-related problems vary from one type of disorder to another, there are certain common symptoms which include-
- Redness and watering of the eye
- Blurred vision
- Itching and burning of eyes
- Pain and swelling in or around the eye area
- Excessive blinking of the eyes
How Ayurveda Can Help?
Ayurveda has several remedies which one can use to correct eyesight. These remedies are easy to follow and include simple tasks one can undertake on a daily basis. These include-
- Indian gooseberry or amla is known to contain high amount of Vitamin C, anti-oxidants and other nutrients to improve sight. The vitamin C contained in this fruit improves function of the retina. One can consume 2-5 teaspoons of amla juice with some warm water in the morning and evening to improve vision. One can also consume the juice of this fruit with honey to improve the quality of vision.
- Visual acuity is used to determine visual strength. To improve visual acuity, there are several Ayurvedic remedies. One such remedy is to consume a mixture of fennel, almond and sugar with milk every day before bedtime. The three ingredients must be powdered and mixed in equal ratio for this remedy.
- Coriander leaf juice can be mixed with honey and consumed fresh each day to improve vision.
Ayurveda provides several natural solutions to treat eye related issues. One can practice these simple natural home remedies to improve vision. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!