Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Lakshmi

Gynaecologist, Chennai

250 at clinic
Dr. Lakshmi Gynaecologist, Chennai
250 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family....more
I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family.
More about Dr. Lakshmi
Dr. Lakshmi is a popular Gynaecologist in Arumbakkam, Chennai. You can meet Dr. Lakshmi personally at Speed Medical Centre Hospital in Arumbakkam, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Lakshmi on has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Speed Medical Centre Hospital

No 527, Poonmallee High Road, Arumbakkam,Landmark:Near Indian Hospital, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
250 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I have bleeding in my feces for over 1 year. During the pooping, there is a pain in my anus, and after the pooping it I m fine but when I m go to toilet, pain and bleeding both take place. What should I do?

General Physician, Cuttack
It could be due to piles 1.Apply proctosedyl ointment 2-3 times daily before and after passing stool .2.Sit in a bath tub containing warm water for some time twice daily (sitz bath). 3.Take two tea spoonful lof softovac/Naturolax powder with a glass of warm water at bed time. 4.Take fiber containing diet, plenty of green leafy vegetables and fruits, Avoid fatty diet .5 If no relief consult doctor
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mam I had sex with my girl friend 5 days before her periods without any protection but I was not leave my sperm in her vagina. Now a problem occur she can not get her periods till 7 days and I will check her pregnancy by preganews kit that will be a negative result so what we can do now please help.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Gurgaon
Wait for a few more days and again repeat Urine pregnancy test if it is negative we shall advise you further on what Medications to be taken and if positive there will be another medication which would be advised to you ,so get back to us on this again to us if you need further assistance or advice on this.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am married 8 months ago , 6 week amenorrhoea now & Had misscarrg of 2 months in August.Please suggest for the same

MD - Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine
Epidemiologist, Hyderabad
You have to take utmost care of yourself till your pregnancy stabilizes. Be under the care of a good gynecologist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am in a physical relationship with my boyfriend. He never use protection always make me eat ipill. Last month on 23 bleeding started I thought its periods then it stopped next day so again we got intimate and took pills. Yesterday again it bleed today stopped I am scared now. Help.

Gynaecologist, Bhavnagar
I pills to take once in a while is ok but you should not take it frequently. It will disturb your menstrual cycle. You will not be able to predict when your periods will come. Rather, you start taking contraceptive pills daily one starting from 5th day of menses to avoid pregnancy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 24 year old and I am suffering from PCOS for last 8 years .I used to have krimson35 earlier. But currently I am under homeopathic treatment for the last 2 months and haven't had my period since 2 months (intake of krimson35 is stopped since last 2 months). Is if safe for me to use emergency contraceptive pill (unwanted 72) after having unprotected sex?

MS - Ophthalmology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Emergency contraceptive can be taken only in an emergency. It cannot be used as your regular contraceptive it is safer to have protected sex.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Ph. D - Gastro & Human Nutrition Unit
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Pune
Have lots of salad and soup when going out for dinner.

If first day of last menses is 1-2-16 and probable conceiving date is 11-2-16 or 15-2-16 then what is my probable due date?

MBBS, DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology), MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Delhi
8 th nov is due date... btw.. it is cakculated always frm last menstrual date irrespective of probable conception dates
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

In December I have suffered from PCOD which got resolved next month. In February I suffered from vaginal infection due to improper intercourse. Treatment goes on for 7 days approx. Again I was involved in intercourse on 14th April. Now my date due for periods was 20 april and hadn't happened yet. From past 3 days m having pain in lower body n vagina sometimes. I am not able to understand the reason for this.

Homeopath, Chennai
Periods delayed by 3-5 days one month need not be remarkable and can be observed. I would not advise you to interfere right now other than taking a pregnancy test. If the UPT is negative, you should wait and watch for appearance of menses. Your previous history of PCOD reveals the probability of hormonal disturbances that may well be present even now. Vaginal infections, however, happen in presence of lowered immunity, and may or may not be associated with hormonal reasons affecting the nature of vaginal epithelium and making it prone to infections. I'd suggest you to wait and watch for appearance of menses for may be even 1 more week. If not you can get tested for PCOS again and check your blood hormone levels, all of this after you have ruled out pregnancy.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir my lover want to suck my penis .shall we enjoy .and for she don't have any HIV diseases .for me also don't have any problems like HIV .while we enjoy like sucking .did we get HIV r AIDS sir. Plzz help me.

D.E.H.M, B.E.M.S, M.D.(E.H)
Sexologist, Faridabad
If any of you suffers std or hiv or any other infection then other one can get infection if both are you healthy and sound with no infection can do it just for stimulation but do not take it to the ejaculation as one is fully stimulated then leaves it and come on natural main course will not affect you. Wish you good health.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 26 yr old young old girl and I have a pain in my vagina. So, what should I do now?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Please get your routine urine examination done. Also go for ultrasound abdomen and show me the reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

We are having sex for the first time and she is scared whether her vagina gets loose and does its space gets increased? Does she feel un comfortable? Aftr having sex for first time.

MD-Ayurveda, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sexologist, Haldwani
Hello- Yes there can be some change in the physical appearance of vagina after first sex. Outer vaginal lips (labia majora) becomes big and dilated towards outside, however there is no/minimal change in the vaginal elasticity/tightening with one sexual session.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from abnormal bleeding from last one week. I thought it's due to high body temperature or Periods. But that is not the case still bleeding is there and also feeling week and tired. Could you please suggest what might be the reason.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, please rule out pregnancy first and if negative then you can opt for antifibrinolytics to control your bleeding.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Some tips from Ayurveda - 2

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Ahmedabad
Some tips from Ayurveda - 2

1. Appetite Problem - Make a paste of citron adding rock salt in it and take it daily. Or take ginger chips with lemon and rock salt before Meal.

2. Chronic constipation : In condition as stool are the location in intestion since long, has to take garlic in additional quantity in diet regularly.

3 Fracture - In any type of fracture tie a bandage first and take laxadi gugal or abhadi gugal 2 tabs twice a day which can make healing faster

4. Rheumatoid Arthritis - In the case of Rheumatoid Arthritis there is a lots of pain and swelling in small joints which increased in morning. In this type of condition start castor oil one spoon with decoction of Dry ginger once a day. And apply Dry ginger and Gugal as paste.

Recently I have done USG of whole abdomen. Result shown that enlarged ovary with suggestive chocolate cysts. One cyst in each ovary. Right oavry measures 3.8 cm x 4.2 cm and left one measures 2.7 cm x 4.4 cm. Pouch of Douglas is free written. No ascites and lymphadenopathy is seen. No size of the cyst is mentioned in report. Can the cyst be cured with medicine?

MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Karnal
yes you can try medical treatment, which is taking continuous progesterone for 6 months at least and then a follow up ultrasound to see the size of chocolate cysts.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have thyroid I am 22 years and I take 50 mg capsule every day my periods are regular but it is only for one or two days and I am 57 kgs I want to lose some weight please help me to over come my problems especially with my periods my thyroid report is T3 = 146.8 ng/dl T4 = 7.78 ug/dl STH = 1.85 uIU/ml.

General Physician, Delhi
Hi, as you mentioned about your problem of thyroid and being over weight, I would like to enlighten hypothyroidism leads to weight gain, symptoms of hypothyroidism is weight gain and difficulty losing extra weight. (Sometimes an overactive thyroid can mimic an underactive thyroid by causing weight gain. I would like to advice you to get consultation from endocrinologist for dose adjustment, and dietary advice from dietitian, maintain a healthy life style by exercising daily.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is a biological problem if I am going to marry a man who is 1 year younger than me. Does it make any problem in pregnancy or to a baby? I need a advice from you.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, there is no such problem as far as biology is concerned. You can safely marry him if he is healthy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 31 years female. Marriage and ttc since 1 yr. Husband semen, tube tests and all other tests are also normal. This month I did follicular monitoring and in my left ovary the egg got ruptured. Now again am getting cramps and periods are about to come. please suggest me, why am bot able to conceive.

MBBS, DGO, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MRCOG
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Dear lybrate-user, please do not get impatient as these things take time. Iui may increase your chances to some extent if you are in a hurry.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I got heavy pain while starting of mensuration. And pimples also. How to get rid of pain and pimples. My hairs also fall very much. Treat meant and medicine to get rid of hairfall also.

Md ayurveda
Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hello lybrate user, - if you adopt ayurveda its can be cured naturally, - avoid sour food like curds, chees paneer for few days - have a glass of warm water after meals compulsory. - if cycles are regular the take below medications= - hingwashtaka churna 1spoon with 1/2 glass of warm water daily twice before food - aloevera ras 20ml with water twice a day - bcz of harmonal variation you might be getting acne and hairfall, once it is normalized other issues will reduce. Thank you.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 22 years old. I had unprotected sex and my menses are lare by 1 and half month. I feel unconscious sometimes. Please suggest.

Gynaecologist, Thane
Have you got your periods or no? if not, then check urine pregnancy test. If periods have come, then check for bp, hemoglobin to check for anemia or sugar to rule out hypoglycemia, which can cause unconsciousness. Do urine test with morning sample of urine.
21 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed