Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L.Srinivasan
Submit a review for Dr. L.SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
How can dairy products be taken without causing digestive problems. I am lactose intolerant and have flatulence problem when I eat protein foods or dairy products.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a blend of stomach discomfort or pain and issues with bowel routines: either constipation or diarrhea; or having a different kind of stool (slender, hard, or delicate and fluid). A healthy routine diet by and large comprises of eating a wide number of nutritious, low-fat nourishments with some restraint. Be that as it may, you may see an increase in your symptoms after you eat certain kinds of food when you have an irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Since side effects can fluctuate between patients, there is not just one list of off-limit foods, but with that said, there are a plenty of foods that are good for your health and do not irritate your bowel habits. By staying away from the most basic irritants of IBS, you may see more consistency and also less cramps and bloating. Some of the foods that you can consume during IBS are as follows:
- Fiber adds bulk to your digestive system. It is broadly accessible in grains, vegetables and natural products. Eating a lot of insoluble fiber as grains can increase your trips to the bathroom. Concentrate on soluble fiber. This includes vegetables and natural products.
- While the insoluble fiber content in whole grains might be an irritant in IBS indications, certain grains cause different issues. Items containing rye, wheat, and grain contain gluten. This is a sort of protein that can harm your digestion tracts and increase symptoms of IBS. While a hypersensitivity to gluten is known as celiac infection, in any case half the patients in IBS are gluten-intolerant. Fortunately, more gluten-free items are available in the market these days. In case you cannot manage without pizza, pasta, cakes, you can simply substitute them with gluten-free products of the same kind.
- Consume plenty fruits and vegetables.
- Take carbohydrates in required quantity like bread, rice, oats, pasta, potatoes, chapattis and plantain.
- If you happen to be lactose intolerant, include substitutes like soya, rice or oat, milk and yogurts that are rich in calcium.
- Some meat, fish, eggs and alternatives like beans.
- Take a limited amount of foods high in fats and sugars. Decrease intake of saturated fat that is found in butter, ghee, cheddar, meat, cakes and baked goods. Substitute these with unsaturated fats found in vegetable oils, for example, sunflower, rapeseed and olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds.
- Drink a lot of liquid, no less than two liters every day, for example, water or natural teas.
Whenever you go out to eat, make sure you ask for gluten-free food. Sometimes, certain kinds of food might appeal to you but try not to get tempted too often by the menu and harm your health because of it. Stick to a healthy diet.